G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

B-pillar rust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 10:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had the doors replaced in december '12 on my 05 sedan, only the driver door had rust on both sides, all 3 others had rust only on the inside. If your local dealership doesn't want to do anything, just bypass them and go to Infiniti USA (or Canada) and tell them about your situation...

Old 05-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the response..do you know the original purchase date of your car? im sure it was outside of 7 years correct? did you ever receive the warranty extension from 7 to 10 years for the b pillar problem?

Old 06-02-2013, 05:20 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
^^^ wow... that's a bummer. Don't mean to veer off, but I had a question too.

I called the Nissan USA number and the guy confirmed my VIN is still within warranty, but the ONLY dealership in Hawaii is asking for the TSB letter.

Was anyone that's the 2nd+ owner able to get another letter?

Mahalo in advance

Old 06-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
If anyone needs the letter pm me.

The following users liked this post:
G. Dizzle #2 (06-20-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 01:36 PM
lazyieg could u reply..
you claimed they verified you were still under warranty
what year is your car. did they tell you how long your warranty lasts ??

Old 06-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BEARS2363
lazyieg could u reply..
you claimed they verified you were still under warranty
what year is your car. did they tell you how long your warranty lasts ??

My car was made in 08/04 and they said I had til the end of this year.

Hope that helps!

Thank you!

Old 06-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
pm all

Old 06-03-2013, 09:35 PM
what is covered under your warranty extension?
is it for rust inside the b pillar? or rust showing on he outside of the car or what?
thanks
does anyone have some insight on the definition of perforation..i know the definition inside the owners manual..however the dealer and consumer affairs are saying you must be able to put an object through the hole..has anyone had some experience with this

Old 06-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
The way I have always taken it is this, if the rust has bubbled and gone through the sheet metal than it is perforated since the metal has been completely rusted through and no longer has the strength of actual metal.

When I went in for warranty repair, I made a big deal of how it is no longer safe since the metal there is a weak point and could break in a collision causing greater harm to me or my GF.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Guys please check behind the weather stripping on the rear doors. I noticed I had a few small spots of rust on the doors and I was curious where the rust was been coming from. I opened the door and pulled up the weather stripping and sure enough there was rust forming there. I scrubbed it down and sprayed on some green rust check. This was on both rear doors. It looks like water would gather in that area and it has no where to flow away to.

Attached Thumbnails B-pillar rust-rear-door-weatherstripping.jpg  
Old 06-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And that is also one of the reason that the local dealership changed my rear doors as well free of charge

Old 06-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just an update.

I called infiniti canada today cuz the local dealership had no idea about the warranty extension.
It is in fact 10 years. Warranty # P-72.
Tell the dealer that and you should be good to go.
Goin in next week to get checked out and will hopefully get 4 new doors.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by fais
Here I found this:

Dear Infiniti Owner,

At Infiniti, we are committed to providing the highest levels of product quality and customer satisfaction. We appreciate your purchase of the Infiniti G35 Sedan, a vehicle designed to meet your driving needs and engineered to be not only practical, but stylish and innovative as well. We have become aware, however, that some customers may have experienced some degree of perforation due to corrosion in the door sash area.

What Infiniti Will Do

To insure the highest levels of customer satisfaction Infiniti is pleased to extend the warranty period for corrosion coverage by 3 years as it applies to perforation due to corrosion of the door and frame, extending this coverage from 7 years unlimited miles to 10 years unlimited miles.

What You Should Do

Place the sticker included with this letter on the cover of your Infiniti Warranty information Booklet to remind you of the warranty extension, should you ever need to use it. No further action is required.

If you detect any perforation due to corrosion in the door area as described above at any time within the warranty coverage period, contact your Infiniti dealer to schedule an appointment.

Please accept this warranty extension as proof of how highly Infiniti values your business and of our commitment to your ongoing satisfaction and driving pleasure.

If you have any questions about the warranty extension, please feel free to call Infiniti Consumer Affairs at 1-800-662-6200.

NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC.
INFINITI DIVISION
This post alone totally justifies the cost of subscribing to this forum. My dealer is honouring this warranty and replacing my B pillars at no charge (just made it under the wire - had I read this after Oct 23 2013 I'd be out of luck!)

Old 06-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
im about to check my doors right now!!!

Old 08-13-2013, 03:29 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dropped by Dixie Infiniti In Mississauga yesterday to get my doors looked at. I had some rust on the driver side door and some major rust on the rear right passenger door. As far as I can tell, there wasn't any major rust on the rest of my doors (maybe a tiny speck on a B pillar or so). I came in hoping that they would replace my 2 rusted doors w/o giving me a hard time. The receptionist came out and took a 5 minute look at my doors and told me I qualify for 4 door replacements! As you can see, the rust on my doors are nowhere near as bad as some of the other guys hear so if the dealer is giving you a hard time don't give up and at least try another Infiniti dealer! I bought my 05 G35x at a KIA dealership and am the 3rd owner. Seems like a lot of Canadians are getting **** service but don't give up!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: B-pillar rust