G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2005 Infiniti G35 vs 2005 Acura TL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 2005 Infiniti G35 vs 2005 Acura TL

This is not possible!!! I guess I will have to be the one to start bashing of the TL. Just kidding. Both are great cars!!!

03.5 G35S 5AT - Desert Platinum/Graphite/Clear corners/HG kit/20% Tint

Old 11-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some will argue that the power of the two engines is very similar. CD did a test where the TL came out on top of the G in 0-60 acceleration. Albeit, it was the slowest published time for a G I have seen but in any case on that day the TL topped the G.

A while back i went to a Lexus drive event where they had a TL and a G35. I was able to flog both cars way harder than I would feel comfortable doing in front of a sales jockey. The TL drove pretty nice but still exhibited the same problems that my FWD Taurus SHO has in that the front of the car wants to plow into the corners becuase most of the cars weight is up front. The Auto G35 I drove felt much better even without the sport suspension. Not to sound snobby but both were no comparison to my 6mt, sport suspension in terms of handleing and acceleration.

If you want something that drives really nice and don't mind rowing your own gears then I would recomend the 6mt G35

Jim
'03.5 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
6MT/ Premium package
Sport tuned suspension
Nismo Body Kit
Navigation and Satellite Radio
Z-Tube/JDM battery cover

Old 11-04-2004, 09:53 AM

I'm thinking of going with the G35 based just on the shear number of opinions given on this board.. ...damn, I asked for help and you guys came through...thanks a bunch!!!
Seriously, I"ll drive drive them both as soon as the G reaches Denver and then make my decision.

You guys are freakin' awesome,

Q

PS: jakeup..I knew of the site, but didn't know of that problem with the CL....I'll go do some research and see what I can find...thanks for the heads up though...yet one more reason to to get a G Peace

Old 11-04-2004, 12:57 PM

Once you drive them, you'll realize that the G35 is a driver's car, and the TL is not. The TL is beautiful outside, ergonomically great inside, high quality, and from a great car company. But it's not the choice for an aggressive driver like this G35 is. It just depends on your priorities.

Old 11-04-2004, 04:35 PM

"I'm thinking of going with the G35 based just on the shear number of opinions given on this board.. ...damn, I asked for help and you guys came through...thanks a bunch!!!
Seriously, I"ll drive drive them both as soon as the G reaches Denver and then make my decision."

Nice another Denver person. They are far and few between in here. Get the G and we can start a club out here or something.

Old 11-04-2004, 07:40 PM

I have a 2004 G35 Sedan. Previous cars owned by my wife and myself 2001 Acura TL and CL(both 2001) both now traded in, trans and other surprising defects. Acura /Honda has lost some quality and appeal. Anyway, I drove the 2004 TL months after purchasing my G.. It was a very nice but bland feeling car, very very sedan like. Nice technology toy wise, blue tooth phone hookup etc. But, if you want your &^*% to get hard , drive the G. It IS all about driving pleasure. I have no love for Infiniti Corporate as I had a 2003 I35 with a slight front end vibration. The dealer helped me out of the car after 6 repair attempts and 8 months of fighting...IE: didn't stick it up my butt as bad as they could have. Corporate did not lend any support, couldn't care less. However, My G purchased last Feb now has 9000 enjoyable driving miles. You will probably get better mileage in the Acura..but..more grins in the G. Good luck.

Old 12-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Exclamation

I have a 2004 ACura TL non-navi 5AT 1600 miles and I wanna trade it in for the '05 g35x after test driving it today. The car flew and never lost traction like i do in my acura (hard to put down 270 HP on the front wheels) and the car only had 35 miles on it so it is in the "break in" period and as the interior goes the '05 g35 is just as nice as the tl's. Cool features on the tl like bluetooth and DVD audio are great but i dont feel like spendin $300+ on a program so i can burn songs on a dvd that wont sound in 5.1 unless it was recorded that way and the bluetooth, finding the phone that will link witht the car is hard enough and dropped calls isnt very fun. Im sorry if im writing to much but im just giving you guys my opinion since i own a '04 tl and i want to trade it in for the g so bad. I just have one question iwas quoted from the dealer $36,000 '05 g35x + premium package and $33,400 w/o premium package. Anyone get a better price? If so where? I live in NYC and I will be going to Ray catena in NJ to get a better deal.

Old 12-15-2004, 09:52 PM
The 6 speed TL is not for anyone who likes to drive as the torque steer cannot be ignored and completely ruins the thrill of driving at least for me. I really wanted to get a 6 spd TL as I love the interior, but 2 different test drives of the TL burst my bubble.

Old 12-15-2004, 11:31 PM
i'm a Acura ASE Tech and i drive a 04 G35. nuff said.

Old 12-16-2004, 03:58 AM
My family has a Matrix, and 03 A4 1.8T with sports pack. While the A4 drives a lot better than the Matrix (of cause), both are FWD, which is no good. We bought a 05 G35 RWD + sport pack last month, and to be honest, RWD is really so much more fun than a FWD... try to turn corners at 45MPHs on both platforms and you will know what I mean.

We also checked out the TL when we were shopping around. My family all agree that the TL has better interior quality, gadget, and space ( I really like the BT handfree). However, I am also disappointed by the interface of the Nav sys. I mean, it just looks much ugiler than my OSX.3 (not fair to compare, but, hey, it's more $ than my comp), and not significantly better than my TomTom Go Nav. Moreover, how often do you use a Nav? Anyhow, it is the best auto Nav system in the world, not even MB can come close, and iDrive, of cause.

Our 05 G35 interier quality, however, is still not close to A4. There are gaps between different parts. Except that, the G35 is simply a lot better car than A4, especailly when you compare their prices. (we got our G35 for 32.7K, and A4 for 30K).

Anyway, TL is really a great car for what you are paying for. I saw a black one next to me today while turning a huge 90" corner when the lights turned green. I was, again, wondering if I have bought the wrong car. Yet, my doubt disappeared once I heard the VQ engine roaring at 4K RPM at that corner.

Maybe because I am an aggressive driver, and that is probably the major factor that makes me believe G35 is a better car than the TL.

Old 12-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by g4ian
Kudo's to everyone....

The most informative, non-bashing G35 vs TL thread I have ever read...

I agree, TL for the Luxury-sport, G35 for the sport-luxury. The decision is just where you place your emphasis.

g4ian
This is one of the best comparison posts ever!
I am mostly a Honda guy. However, I recently acquired a 05 Sedan 5AT for my wife :=) My IDEAL G would be a G35x 6MT if they ever make one!
It's the best $$$ spent since my 01 S2000 and 86 Integra in my 20+ years of driving many personal and family cars.
The only two things I don't like in my wife's G are: 1) steering mounted audio controls get in the way of very aggressive driving or when wearing heavy & long coats (why in the world ANY manufacturer puts audio/cruise control on the steering wheel is retarded in my opinion... don't they know that my hands are long enough to reach the center console's controls?).
2) 5AT trans is great, but if only I could talk my wife into driving the 6MT (my fault, not Nissan's). I sure do miss the 6MT of my S.
Cheers and congratulations on a great web board.

Old 12-16-2004, 09:06 PM
Since you are currently a CL-S driver, I recommend you to try G35.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:12 PM
G35 Vs Tl

Dear Q40319799,
First , let me tell you howe much I despise Infiniti Corporate Consumer Services....well, there are not enough words I can post here. I will tell you the summation of the story later. But for now, know that the dealer helped me out of the near "LEMON I 35 and into a G35 sedan 2004 AT..it is great. I have slightly over 10,000 fun filled driving miles. Yes, everything you read is true. Brakes are great if somewhat sensetive, B piller rattle can be fixed by dealer. Seat control, not always easy to get to adjust while driving. 004 memory seat without fob sucks. Lets see, anything else....hmmmm, radio and temp control suck.. nothing else bad to say, still smiling as I type this thinking about driving my sports car....ER Me bad, my sedan. You just better get a good one cause Infiniti ccorporate has been watching to much TV... David Spade in that travel commercial where he" always says no...no...no...well, Infiniti " Consumer, we don't care services." took lessons from him. I had a 2003 I35 brand new with front end vibration prpblems. The long and short of it, dealer says defective, can't fix after 6 attempts. Corporate says go to BBB arbitration if you don't like the repair. Dealer finally took me out of the car cause corporate says, ouur dealers always try to help customers and make them feel serviced, even when the problem is perceived by the customer. Dealer GM said he thought Infiniti Corporate would probably give a courtesy disbursement for all my troubles...heh heh heh...even Infiniti of the Palm Beaches could not get me any corporate help.

So, I hate to reward those **&*^$# ......er people...but, the G car is good.

Attached Thumbnails 2005 Infiniti G35 vs 2005 Acura TL-im000842.jpg  
Old 12-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Corgidog
The 6 speed TL is not for anyone who likes to drive as the torque steer cannot be ignored and completely ruins the thrill of driving at least for me. I really wanted to get a 6 spd TL as I love the interior, but 2 different test drives of the TL burst my bubble.
My experience to a T....Sitting in the TL, I was in love. The gauges were a little Honda'esk, but other than that the NAV is beautiful (though useless in finding a Costco - it sent me to Canada), voice activation was cool, BT excellent, great seats, good looks....

Then the drive...Sanitized was my impression...

Then the 2nd drive....Sanitization confirmed.

My neighbors bought a TL shortly after I decided against it, and its a fantastic car to be a passenger in. I just didn't want to be the driver.

Old 12-17-2004, 09:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35sedanman
Dear Q40319799,
First , let me tell you howe much I despise Infiniti Corporate Consumer Services....well, there are not enough words I can post here. I will tell you the summation of the story later. But for now, know that the dealer helped me out of the near "LEMON I 35 and into a G35 sedan 2004 AT..it is great. I have slightly over 10,000 fun filled driving miles. Yes, everything you read is true. Brakes are great if somewhat sensetive, B piller rattle can be fixed by dealer. Seat control, not always easy to get to adjust while driving. 004 memory seat without fob sucks. Lets see, anything else....hmmmm, radio and temp control suck.. nothing else bad to say, still smiling as I type this thinking about driving my sports car....ER Me bad, my sedan. You just better get a good one cause Infiniti ccorporate has been watching to much TV... David Spade in that travel commercial where he" always says no...no...no...well, Infiniti " Consumer, we don't care services." took lessons from him. I had a 2003 I35 brand new with front end vibration prpblems. The long and short of it, dealer says defective, can't fix after 6 attempts. Corporate says go to BBB arbitration if you don't like the repair. Dealer finally took me out of the car cause corporate says, ouur dealers always try to help customers and make them feel serviced, even when the problem is perceived by the customer. Dealer GM said he thought Infiniti Corporate would probably give a courtesy disbursement for all my troubles...heh heh heh...even Infiniti of the Palm Beaches could not get me any corporate help.

So, I hate to reward those **&*^$# ......er people...but, the G car is good.
What I don't inderstand is, if you had so much trouble with corporate and the car, why did you buy another Infiniti?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005 Infiniti G35 vs 2005 Acura TL