G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

To sell or not to Sell!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To sell or not to Sell!?

I have an '06 g35 sedan black on black, 6mt ect... BUT today i found out that my job as lead autoCAD has ben terminated and they no longer need that. So now im stuck with the monthly payments and got another 3 years to go to pay it off. The car has some problems, (tensioner needs to be replaces, and a weird pulsating vibration) so im debating weather i should keep it and pay it off eventually or if any one also been in the same situation, maybe shed some good light.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:49 PM

Pic of the car. and my brothers.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Roh
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
pic not working

Old 07-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Chernobyl_88
I have an '06 g35 sedan black on black, 6mt ect... BUT today i found out that my job as lead autoCAD has ben terminated and they no longer need that. So now im stuck with the monthly payments and got another 3 years to go to pay it off. The car has some problems, (tensioner needs to be replaces, and a weird pulsating vibration) so im debating weather i should keep it and pay it off eventually or if any one also been in the same situation, maybe shed some good light.
weird pulsating vibration = fuel damper.

I would keep, unless you have high payments.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:00 AM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
Isnt the 06 have that oil problem too? I would sell it.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
i have the exact same car as you. I was recently also debating to sell it because I have a daily driver and have been wanting to start looking at a house. I had a buyer who was on his way and I ended up calling him and telling him that I want to keep the car. I realized that even if I sold it, I would just end up getting another one or at least end up wasting the majority of my fee time looking for replacements. I would recommend getting it checked out by someone and get an estimate on repairs. if you sell it as is, you may end up in the hole even deeper. And as far as working, I am sure you will spring right back up and find another job. If you don't, make a website a and market yourself as a freelance consultant and get some work on the side.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Similar situation but I've already paid the the top end interest on my loan and the last 3 years is pretty much actual equity in the car. My payments aren't horrible (300) but they will quickly add up without any income. I've decided to keep the car though because finding a new car will take forever and i'll end up with something crappy and getting approved for a loan for a new vehicle wont be worth it.

That and why would I want to end up with a new car that I have no idea the history on when at least while my car has had issues (new exhaust, new clutch, radiator fan busting) etc at least I know ive fixed those problems and hopefully it's good for a while. Prob better riding it out

Old 07-25-2012, 10:29 PM
dont sell unless you really have to, and thats a big have to. 1. if you dont sell for what you owe you still have to pay the difference back to the bank. 2. if you turn it in back to the lender they will sell or give it to a auction, and when the auction sells it whatever is left over you have to pay thats if money is left over. so now its like your paying for a car that you dont owe. been their so i no how that goes thats y i said unless you have no choice then dont do it. good luck bro i dont that feeling

Old 08-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Thats what most people been telling me that if i do sell it and then pay off whatever I owe on it, i wont get a car as good and than be paying more on parts to fix that car. But I appreciate for all the experiences! i LOVE how the car looks and feels and the power! Recently i went to NTB to get my alligment done which worked for couple days but now my sterring wheel is turned 1/4 turn to the left to make the car go straight, and they ripped off the bolt on the rear right control arm, and didnt tell me! I found all of this out after i came back from canada. Lesson learned, you get what you pay for... haha. But my payments arent too high no more than 300 its just all these problems that keep adding up makes me hate the car and love it all the same time!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Chernobyl_88; 08-10-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Never heard that it could make the pulsating vibration feel. Has that happened to you?

Originally Posted by neo_anderson302
weird pulsating vibration = fuel damper.

I would keep, unless you have high payments.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Beautiful car! Get rid of the wife first.....(just kiddin)

Old 08-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
lol you're brothers sedan looks almost exactly like mine... color, rims etc :-) only difference is that I'm not cool enough to have the nismo bumper but I do have cool clear marker lights
I say keep it. let your bank/lender know about your situation and see what options you have like forbearance on your payments for a time (they may only do that if you have a little left and are very consistent with your payments) or a refinance on what you currently owe (this would probably extend the time that you have to pay it off and the best of all it could lower your payments which would make life more bearable for now until you do find another job.)

that's just my $.02