G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

A little help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 04nismoG
You could try changing your pcv valve if you pop your hood look to your left on the top of the valve cover is where its located it should be changed every 30,000 miles to keep pressure from building up in the engine and causing oil to seep out where it shouldn't and also cause your car to use more fuel than it should.
What he said. I just changed mine about an hour ago and it took my no more than 10 minutes to change it and that was cause most of the time was spent going though my sockets looking for the right one. My gas mileage sucks too, so I'm hoping this will make some sort of difference, even if it's only minimal.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by seddon
What's up fellas? I haven't been on here in a while. My 05 G35X has 34k miles on it and has seen probably 25k miles of new york city driving basically stopping on every corner. I never really got great milage out her but the milage has gotten worse. Right now I get about 160 mile until the light comes on. Should I tune the car up, changing spark plus etc. I do routine oil changes with mobil 1, change the air filter every year. Thanks in advance
I have done all the maintenance by myself, dealer, indie shop. Your kind of driving is like the yellow cabs in the city. I would definitely replace the tranny fluid, tranfer case fluid, and rear differential oil. You should have replaced the coolants at year five. The 2 belts should be replaced and the radiator hoses. You don't want to get stranded in the city with broken belt and burst hose, expensive to be towed and repaired.

It's better to do preventive maintenance than cost repairs later.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.