G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Aftermarket bushings for the AWD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 11:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Aftermarket bushings for the AWD

I'm still looking to replace some parts on my car. Anyone install aftermarket lower control arm bushings on the X model? I see again Nissan/infinti does not offer a bushing but the whole arm. I see companies offering them for coupes and rwd sedans but didn't see any for ours.

I read the energy ones will work with some finessing so if anyone's installed them did they work?

Old 03-25-2015, 07:10 PM
No one has ever replaced bushings in lower control arm? Oh well guess I'll find out the hard way.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:54 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Ooor you could search. I literally just talked to someone about this the other day on the forum. I'll leave it up to you to see if it worked for me...

Old 03-26-2015, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed whiteline busing some years ago. It still hold well. My car is RWD though.

Last edited by medianjoe; 04-10-2015 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Typo.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:12 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by medianjoe
I installed whittling busing some years ago. It still hold well. My car is RWD though.

That's good to know but doesn't really help the OP?

Old 03-31-2015, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by yosip1115
Ooor you could search. I literally just talked to someone about this the other day on the forum. I'll leave it up to you to see if it worked for me...
Thanks but someone else was able to provide an answer. Thanks for posting your knowledge on the subject.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:10 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Add it to the list of useless forums to thumb through when finding info...

Old 04-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here are the parts you're needing, most likely. https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...trol-arms.html

So, this thread is really about replacement parts for the AWD front end suspension, which is a PITA to deal with. There's not a lot of information. I went through this same gauntlet several weeks back, and even posted a thread as well. In short, I found a manufacturer who supplies both the compression rods and the lower control arm (forward) for the 03-06 G35X, with all OEM-style bushings and joints in place. Best part is that all four items only cost a little over $300.

Us AWD drivers need to help each other out. For anyone here looking for the answer, check my first post in this thread (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...trol-arms.html) from a few months ago. The four parts linked in my OP were ordered, installed by me (in addition to new struts), and work flawlessy. My 183K mile 2006 X is now very smooth and quiet up to at least 100 mph.

EDIT: The link provided in my post from the other thread will likely lead you to CARID.COM, and to a page which says "out of stock". Just copy the part number and do a Google on those part numbers, and somebody else will have them. Also, O'Reilly's now sells parts for the AWD suspension, at a a 50% premium to the CARID.COM prices you'll see on those links form the other post. I think their part numbers even align with Mevotech's, although O'Reilly's has branded them "Import Direct" or some crap like that. I think they're identical to the Mevotech parts, anyway.

Last edited by munkle; 04-03-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:08 AM
In the future if I need some arms I will purchase the mevotechs. Mine are still holding up but since I was changing out the tie rod ends is figure I'd look at the lca bushings. I wanted some firmer ones but really couldn't find any awd guys that had installed them.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:49 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm replacing bushings in the front lower control arms, upper control arm and compression rods this weekend. Whiteline all around. From the research I've done, all bushings are compatable between RWD and AWD except for the front strut mount (outer lower control arm). I believe the metal bolt sleeve is just slightly too small for the bolt to fit through, but the bushing itself should fit. I plan to either drill out the bushing and use the OEM bolt sleeve or drill out the Whiteline sleeve to fit the bolt. I will update once complete.

I'm also replacing front struts, strut mounts, inner and outer tie rods, rubber brake lines, hubs, bearings, rotors, pads and tires. Hoping the old X will feel like new next week.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

Originally Posted by OKStateG35
I'm replacing bushings in the front lower control arms, upper control arm and compression rods this weekend. Whiteline all around. From the research I've done, all bushings are compatable between RWD and AWD except for the front strut mount (outer lower control arm). I believe the metal bolt sleeve is just slightly too small for the bolt to fit through, but the bushing itself should fit. I plan to either drill out the bushing and use the OEM bolt sleeve or drill out the Whiteline sleeve to fit the bolt. I will update once complete.

I'm also replacing front struts, strut mounts, inner and outer tie rods, rubber brake lines, hubs, bearings, rotors, pads and tires. Hoping the old X will feel like new next week.
hey, do you have an update on this? I'm looking to get the energy suspension bushings for my g35x.