G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Help! Rear creaking noise from my infiniti g35 2004

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 04:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Rear creaking noise from my infiniti g35 2004

Hello everyone,

So I am here with some questions for my Infiniti G35 RWD 2004, Recently I have noticed my car has been making creaking noise from the rear, I have just replaced my rear lower control arm on both the sides, rear shock absorbers on both the side, front passenger side upper control arm, front wheel bearing and did an alignment. The car was in accident I was trying to do a bit of drifting then hit the curb by the footpath.After everything was replaced it did run smoothly for a bit then every time I drove over bumps or uneven pavement in slower speed I can hear the car making creaking noise from the rear suspension, I did a lot of research on forums from Google and found out the sway bar bushing could be an issue. I took it to my mechanic pulled my bushing out greased them up and put them back in, It did nothing. I took it to Nissan they figured it could be the lower control arm bushing that is making the noise and they were replaced just couple weeks ago so I asked my mechanic who worked on my car to grease them up with graphite and still the noise seem to be there. the only other thing I could think is the end links connecting the sway bar. they seem fine to my mechanic. I am not sure what is going on? Is anyone else having the same issue who has a solution to this?

Could it be bad sway bar end links?

I was thinking rear wheel bearing but noise coming out from the rear suspension making me confuse.

Any help or suggestions please?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by rezendvous420; 07-24-2015 at 07:00 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:26 PM
i had same noise, would creak when rolling over speed bumps or really any uneven surface......it was my sway bar end links

Old 07-16-2016, 10:55 AM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
End links and D bushings can make squeaking noises.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:15 PM
G35 Sedan
Hey guys should I remove this broken piece of camshaft sprocket.or leave in? Need hel

Hey everyone i need help! Should i remove this broken piece or leave in? There is a spring and something else i dont know if it regulates oil into sensor?? It rattles a bit

Old 10-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
G35 Sedan Leather Base, Z1 Plenum Spacer, Z Tube (Currently sold to a friend)
Why did you post this on an unrelated thread from 3 years ago?

Should you remove it? The entire VVT actuator is broken and needs replaced. Move it, don't remove it, it probably doesn't matter at this point.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...ing-works.html

Old 10-04-2019, 02:34 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Technically those cam sprockets are non-serviceable. Yours definitely needs to be replaced and unfortunately it's not cheap.

Old 10-19-2019, 11:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 Sedan, high compression,Poncams,exhaust,porting to heads and intake,lowered on coilovers,tuned
Had same problem.

Originally Posted by David Gray

Hey everyone i need help! Should i remove this broken piece or leave in? There is a spring and something else i dont know if it regulates oil into sensor?? It rattles a bit
I had the same problem but worse when i built my engine. Mine actually broke worse and got jammed up. What i did was redo the entire timing set,bought a set of low mileage JDM sprokets from someone on ebay that imports engines and parts. I would highly recommend not running it like that. I also would advise OEM only and not some aftermarket "junk".

Old 10-21-2019, 09:41 AM
Received 78 Likes on 76 Posts
g35X 4dr sedan
Originally Posted by rezendvous420
Hello everyone,

So I am here with some questions for my Infiniti G35 RWD 2004, Recently I have noticed my car has been making creaking noise from the rear, I have just replaced my rear lower control arm on both the sides, rear shock absorbers on both the side, front passenger side upper control arm, front wheel bearing and did an alignment. The car was in accident I was trying to do a bit of drifting then hit the curb by the footpath.After everything was replaced it did run smoothly for a bit then every time I drove over bumps or uneven pavement in slower speed I can hear the car making creaking noise from the rear suspension, I did a lot of research on forums from Google and found out the sway bar bushing could be an issue. I took it to my mechanic pulled my bushing out greased them up and put them back in, It did nothing. I took it to Nissan they figured it could be the lower control arm bushing that is making the noise and they were replaced just couple weeks ago so I asked my mechanic who worked on my car to grease them up with graphite and still the noise seem to be there. the only other thing I could think is the end links connecting the sway bar. they seem fine to my mechanic. I am not sure what is going on? Is anyone else having the same issue who has a solution to this?

Could it be bad sway bar end links?

I was thinking rear wheel bearing but noise coming out from the rear suspension making me confuse.

Any help or suggestions please?

Thank you in advance.
If you've been working with the rear control arms and have had any replaced here is something to try. The control arms move up and down by virtue of the bushing twisting slightly as the arms move. When it was off the ground being replaced if the arms were hanging downward with the suspension fully extended when the bushing to frame bolt was torqued down it will overstretch the bushing when the weight is put back on it. I've had this happen in the past when I got in a hurry to get done. Jack the rear of the car back up and put jackstands under the outer ends of the control arms. If you have a friend with an oil change pit it's even better. Loosen the bolts attaching the control arm bushings to the frame and "bounce" the rear of the car up and down a few times to center the bushings then re-torque. Hope this helps.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:03 PM
Infiniti G35S
'07 G35S - Rotted Out Rear Subframe

My 2007 G35S (6MT) - the love of my life - has been squeaking and creaking lately. Brought it to my mechanic who discovered that the rear subframe has rotted out and cracked. The part alone is $1,900. To replace it, with all the tie rods and such, we are talking $3K. My car only has 138,000 miles on it. However, there is a noise that I keep hearing in the transmission (at first, backing up alone when the engine was cold. Now, it's heard even going forward) that makes me think I have a trani issue brewing. Thus, I've made the tough choice to not repair, but replace the car. What makes it really tough on me is that I've never driven an AT - the G35S is the 5th car I've owned, and all have been MT.

Such a sad day

Old 05-31-2020, 01:24 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The subframe is VERY unlikely to be rusted out, what piece exactly is he talking about. I suspect it's this subframe brace which is a common part to rust apart.

https://www.z1motorsports.com/front-...er-p-6012.html

If you don't know what piece exactly is rusted then take some pictures of exactly the part and post it. I think you're getting robbed if someone is trying to charge you $1900 for a subframe...

Old 05-31-2020, 01:26 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Just for reference, you can buy a used engine cradle, subframe brace, or rear subframe for under $200...