G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

05 sedan manual bye bye engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 sedan manual bye bye engine

So it's my first g35, beautiful car btw, and I got her cheap with higher miles 167k. Had her bout 7 days... I knew the motor was going but it's worse than I thought. Motors basically done. Burns oil, valve guides and seals, rings, rms, and probably the oil filter gasket too. Whomever owned this thing needs to be beaten! Anyways, I need a rebuild, crate rebuild, or used motor that will more than likely have the same issue. From what I gather on these rev up motors it's the rings, pcv valve, (already have the pcv delete, but it's kinda mute at this point) so I'm thinking get a used motor installed. Then get the old one rebuilt, or buy a crate motor from somewhere.. (been researching but I don't know who's reputable now days.. Seems most info I saw was 2009 or 13 so direction there would be cool)
End goals are a tt reliable dd built to be reliable bout 550 to the ground with more on tap if I got a hairy butt one day but prob not used much, track able but not trying to be the fastest. Just for fun. Mostly a rompable street machine. The stage 2 from import parts pro looked good.. but I know nothing of them.. my mind links them to discount import parts here in Portland.. so that's not great haha. Anyways if I got my motor rebuilt it'd take 3 weeks and I don't think it would be close to the spec of that import parts motor.. let alone if the shops know how to rebuild a vq with its quirks in rebuilds. Anyways what do you guys/gals think?

Oh btw the rest of the car is immaculate. Solid steering still (not a sloppy old car feel) no wrecks, just a garbage engine. Even with 5k for a motor swap I'll still b under 10 in. My thought going in anyways. Lol

Last edited by Gookiecrunch; 08-07-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Nothing? No advice? Awesome thanks guys. Lol

Old 08-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Check into a Jasper engine and get 36,000 mile warranty

Old 08-09-2015, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the response. I will do that. Could only see gm and Ford.. a buddy has a shop so he'll have more insight for me. Thanks

Old 08-09-2015, 01:52 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Sell it and buy a car without problems.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Gookiecrunch
Thanks for the response. I will do that. Could only see gm and Ford.. a buddy has a shop so he'll have more insight for me. Thanks
Im not sure what they carry, I did get one many years ago for my Caddy.
Best of luck

Old 08-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Even with the cost of a import part pro stage 1 built motor, with install, I'd only have a total of 11grand in this car... I couldn't find a sports sedan at all (clean title and manual). An 07 for 14 grand with 97k miles. And a good chance it's going to be an oil burner as well. With a used motor, I'll only have to spend 8 grand total. Soooo.. that's y I'm not going to sell and try again.. not worth it.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Even with the cost of a import part pro stage 1 built motor, with install, I'd only have a total of 11grand in this car... I couldn't find a sports sedan at all (clean title and manual). An 07 for 14 grand with 97k miles. And a good chance it's going to be an oil burner as well. With a used motor, I'll only have to spend 8 grand total. Soooo.. that's y I'm not going to sell and try again.. not worth it.
An IPP stage 1 motor is worth more than your car.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
An IPP stage 1 motor is worth more than your car.
Why are you alive? ur mom should've aborted u. Quit replying to my posts. U jealous? What's your problem? U can't afford a car?

Old 08-09-2015, 08:44 PM
Afford a POS 10 year old car with a blown motor? Kid if you filled the gas tank of your shít car, it would double the value.

Seriously trying to help your dumbasś, as it's obvious you have no clue what you're doing. It gets to a point on a worthless car where you throw good money after bad and you just have to cut your losses. For the money you wouth spend on a IPP motor and install, you could but a decent reliable car.

The following users liked this post:
Babygurl54 (10-08-2020)
Old 08-10-2015, 01:55 AM
Haha ur funny you're just an ******* you're not helpful at all!! Haha I can't believe you're on your high horse now and actually think you're helpful! Or even had something useful to offer as advice.. just bagging on how horrible my car is and what a pos it is. Blah blah. Sorry but a lot of motors burn oil and leak out of the rear main. Just cause you're lazy and can't swap a simple stock motor.. I already said there isn't a better one around. F off

Old 08-10-2015, 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Afford a POS 10 year old car with a blown motor? Kid if you filled the gas tank of your shít car, it would double the value.

Seriously trying to help your dumbasś, as it's obvious you have no clue what you're doing. It gets to a point on a worthless car where you throw good money after bad and you just have to cut your losses. For the money you wouth spend on a IPP motor and install, you could but a decent reliable car.
Yeah right I'd have a 80000k mile oil burner. If I wanted a civic with 0 miles I'd have bought one and it would've been nice and reliable huh? U have no clue what I want or am going to do.. let alone how old I am what I've done or anything about me. So stop judging me on my car. Cause you must be soooo amazingly smart to know everything I am and am wanting. How old are you? U called me kid so.. I wanna know mature you think you are

Old 08-10-2015, 06:51 AM
Haha ur funny you're just an ******* you're not helpful at all!! Haha I can't believe you're on your high horse now and actually think you're helpful! Or even had something useful to offer as advice.. just bagging on how horrible my car is and what a pos it is. Blah blah. Sorry but a lot of motors burn oil and leak out of the rear main. Just cause you're lazy and can't swap a simple stock motor.. I already said there isn't a better one around. F off
WTF are you smoking kid. NO, not a lot of motors burn oil and leak out of the rear main. When they do (and they are worth as little as yours is), you throw them away. You might be able to sell it and get 1k out of it, then move on.

Plus why would you ever buy a car when you knew the motor was shot? Seriously, it was a pretty dumb move.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:36 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
with install, I'd only have a total of 11grand in this car...
$11K into a 170K mile, 10 year old car is not a good thing....especially considering even with the aftermarket engine it's probably a $5-6K car tops.

Your goals are lofty as well. I'd touch base with guys with 500HP TT cars and see exactly how reliable and streetable they really are.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its always better to start with a virgin car to mod..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 05 sedan manual bye bye engine