G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New owner of 04 sedan - Audio Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner of 04 sedan - Audio Help!

Hey everyone, how's everybody doing?

I just bought a 2004 G35 Sedan it's in very nice almost mint condition, the only thing is not working is the radio and that is not acceptable in my book. It has stock Bose premium sound system.

The head unit it self works, I can switch radio station, CD works, all things light up on the head unit but there is no sound coming out of the speakers.

I looked for loose cables by the amp, I unplugged the amp etc but noting worked.

You guys think it's the amp or the head unit?

I was thinking about getting just a 4 channel amp and hook it up to the existing speakers.

Any help would be awesome Thank you.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:11 PM
I would like to get just the amp and drop it in the place of the Bose amp, can I do that? Will I have to run a power cable from my battery to the trunk? or I can just use the existing wiring from the Bose amp? and then just take the blue harness apart and hook the speakers to the new amp would that work? t

Old 10-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
if you search the site, there are couple of thread that suggest these:

1. the ribbon cables coming loose in the back.. you'll see 2 or 3 white cables when you take out the radio from dash and set it on your kitchen table.

2. soldering on 3 resistors in the radio/cd player has become loose.. People are fixing by soldering these back.

I have the same issue as you, but didn't get a chance to try the 2 fixes up top. Probably will do in a month or 2.

Good Luck!

The following users liked this post:
aCiDjEsUs (10-06-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 06:08 PM
Thank you for your reply, I hoped there's an easier fix without taking the HU out, but I think I was wrong.

Got to keep on reading.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Any of you guys know what the harnesses on the amp are? One is blue which I think is for speakers and another one is white. Is the white harness a power??

Old 10-06-2015, 11:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by aCiDjEsUs
Any of you guys know what the harnesses on the amp are? One is blue which I think is for speakers and another one is white. Is the white harness a power??
I think I saw a wiring diagram on google image search a while back. It might sound weird if you intercept the signal for a new amp. I have the same system and can't remember exactly, but I think the head unit on the bose system does some kind of eq before it goes to the amp. I was thinking about a new hu and amp, but I ended up adding a usa spec iphone interface to the back of my hu and keeping the bose amp. Sound is CD quality and charges my phone while keeping a stock look.

aCiDjEsUs (10-07-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by cardood
I think I saw a wiring diagram on google image search a while back. It might sound weird if you intercept the signal for a new amp. I have the same system and can't remember exactly, but I think the head unit on the bose system does some kind of eq before it goes to the amp. I was thinking about a new hu and amp, but I ended up adding a usa spec iphone interface to the back of my hu and keeping the bose amp. Sound is CD quality and charges my phone while keeping a stock look.
Yeah I read about the same thing that from HU there is Lowe voltage going into the amp and then it get amplified and goes out of the amp. All I want is some music in my car haha

i was thinking about the same thing to get one of those connectors for your smart phone and just hook it up to the back of the HU, but if my HU is not working then the smart phone connector wont work either am I right?

I'm not getting any sound, the HU turns on, lights up I can change the radio station I c an play CD's etc but I'm not getting any sound out of the speakers, some people say it's the amp in the trunk some people say it's the ribbon in the back of the HU or resistors so I don't know where to start.

Smart phone connector would be the best option for me but like I said if there's something wrong with my HU then the connector wont work right?

Other thing is to bypass the HU and connect straight to the amp with my phone but how one would go about that?

Get a new amp, install it in the place of the old one hook the phone to the new amp and then what? hmm this is going to be harder then I thought...

Old 10-07-2015, 10:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ran into similar issues on an 89 probe GT. It had an amp under a seat and an 8" sub like speakers in the back. I basically unplugged the amp, swapped the head unit (might as well if you're removing it to troubleshoot it).

Then I ran my own wires from my head unit to the door speakers and intercepted the sub wires somewhere (which I ran bridged with the 4 rear speaker wires I think). Took an hour or 2 tops. The12volt.com has all your wiring colors.

Not sure if this will help or not.

aCiDjEsUs (10-07-2015)
Old 12-09-2015, 11:55 AM
aCiDjEsUs, I've got the same problem as you. Did you fix the problem and if so, how did you fix?

Thanks

Old 12-12-2015, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by TheCrescent
aCiDjEsUs, I've got the same problem as you. Did you fix the problem and if so, how did you fix?

Thanks
Hey,I went with Bluetooth amp so I can completely bypass the Bose HU, I spliced in to wires in the trunk, at first I spliced into the HU input wires with no luck then I spliced into Bose amp output to speakers and lord behold I have sound in my speakers.

So know I'm using my tablet through bluetooth connection for mu music and everything else.

In the diagram you need to splice into the wires that are labeled "Bose Output to Speakers"

In the second picture you can see the cables that are located in the trunk and those are the cables you need to splice into.

Attached Thumbnails New owner of 04 sedan - Audio Help!-bose-amp-input-output.png   New owner of 04 sedan - Audio Help!-img_0206.jpg-original.jpeg