G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

What did you do to the G Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 05:25 PM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Well my G was parked for a month and I forgot to start it. That killed the battery so today I put in a new one.

Also spent an hour still trying to pinpoint the source of the leak that fills the rear passenger footwell with an inch of water after every heavy rain. It IS NOT the sunroof drain tubes. I'm stumped but I give up. Bought a wet/dry Shopvac today instead

Old 12-22-2016, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice! Will be adding a trunk spoiler and directional drilled rotors next week.

Old 12-23-2016, 02:46 AM
Well i guess this isnt just what i did to the sedan today, but moreso the last week and a half or so. To put it simply, i went crazy with the carbon wrap, haha i think it looks great! and its always removable if/when i get tired of it or sell the car.

That, and after cruisin through every diy page i could find on here and the other G forums, decided to fit a Cobb (from my brothers '16 STI) cone filter on in place of the stock airbox, cleared up a ton of space, sounds AWESOME along w/ the muffler delete i did last week ( which im also stoked on, the single exhaust sounds great, no drone or anything!).

For those of us with AT's, i found a write up for reversing the up/down shift pull motion for the tiptronic, feels wayy better and i highly recommend. Ive been so used to pulling back to shift up from the light amount of auto racing ive done in bimmer 3-series cars and mx-5 track car sequential boxes, so it was a nice, simple fix.

Got my new oem style black housing headlights 2 few weeks back (drivers side brackets were all broken AND driver side HID igniter was out, found a new one on eBay for $20! Threw those puppuies on with a fresh set of 8k bulbs & readjusted the pitch of the lows & fogs. AMAZING light coverage, without being too high to blind other ppl.

Last thing i did was a DIY grounding kit, took about 2 hrs, and let me tell you... ive been a doubter of grounding kit "worthiness", but... i spent $25 on 15 ft. of 8 ga. power cable and so 4 & 8 ga. crimp on connectors and took the time to follow a write-up and complete the job... music sounds cleaner (i have subs, in-dash screen, mono 1000 watt amp..) AND the AT shifts are more responsive, about half as much lag, no joke. haha i actually use it now since their isnt a full second of lag.

Been hooked on doin car **** lately.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G Sedan today?-headlight.jpg   What did you do to the G Sedan today?-engine-bay-intake.jpg   What did you do to the G Sedan today?-center-console-wrap.jpg   What did you do to the G Sedan today?-clock-cover-wrap.jpg   What did you do to the G Sedan today?-driver-door.jpg  

What did you do to the G Sedan today?-wheel-wrap.jpg   What did you do to the G Sedan today?-trunk-wrap.jpg   What did you do to the G Sedan today?-grille-wrap.jpg   What did you do to the G Sedan today?-roof-wrap.jpg   What did you do to the G Sedan today?-pass-side-profile.jpg  

Last edited by steviebix33; 12-23-2016 at 03:10 AM.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:27 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by pizzaboydanny
How did you get the plastic piece off?
Just crushed it with pliers. It's just a plastic ring and I wasn't ever going to use it again.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by steviebix33

That, and after cruisin through every diy page i could find on here and the other G forums, decided to fit a Cobb (from my brothers '16 STI) cone filter (major fail, welcome to heat stroke) on in place of the stock airbox, cleared up a ton of space, sounds AWESOME along w/ the muffler delete (minor fail, ever heard of back pressure?) i did last week ( which im also stoked on, the single exhaust sounds great, no drone or anything!).

For those of us with AT's, i found a write up for reversing the up/down shift pull motion for the tiptronic, feels wayy better and i highly recommend. (me like) Ive been so used to pulling back to shift up from the light amount of auto racing ive done in bimmer 3-series cars and mx-5 track car sequential boxes, so it was a nice, simple fix.

Got my new oem style black housing headlights 2 few weeks back (drivers side brackets were all broken AND driver side HID igniter was out, found a new one on eBay for $20! Threw those puppuies on with a fresh set of 8k bulbs (epic fail, ugly color and not amazing light output. Way worse than the 4300K stock) & readjusted the pitch of the lows & fogs. AMAZING light coverage, without being too high to blind other ppl.

Last thing i did was a DIY grounding kit, took about 2 hrs, and let me tell you... ive been a doubter of grounding kit "worthiness", but... i spent $25 on 15 ft. of 8 ga. power cable and so 4 & 8 ga. crimp on connectors and took the time to follow a write-up and complete the job... music sounds cleaner (i have subs, in-dash screen, mono 1000 watt amp..) AND the AT shifts are more responsive, about half as much lag, no joke. haha i actually use it now since their isnt a full second of lag. (Surprise I agree!!)

Been hooked on doin car **** lately. (and destroying it, carbon gas cap, really?) [/I][/I]
As they used to say on Sportscenter C'mon man. When the G was introduced in 03 it was designed to be a classy, sporty, elegant semi-luxury car. Unfortunately you're part of a wave of new members that think it's a Honda, not an Infiniti and that's really sad for all of us old timers. I was at the point I was starting to like the blue wheels but the rest of your mods have convinced me the G is the new ricer to a lot of you. Over on my GTO forum we have a saying used often that's abbreviated FPFQ, falling prices, falling quality. Sadly that's becoming the norm here and not the exception any more.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:03 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Chill with the fake carbon fiber stickers
Truly appalling how bad this scene has become. Fast and furious with a 2016 twist

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (12-23-2016)
Old 12-23-2016, 08:55 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry to say but that looks terrible. And good job putting yourself at risk covering the airbag. The center of the airbag cover rips open in a cross patter on the airbag in an accident.

Blue Dream (12-23-2016)
Old 12-23-2016, 09:28 AM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
I just wanna know how you did a muffler delete with no drone lol

Blue Dream (12-23-2016)
Old 12-23-2016, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,017 Likes on 936 Posts
So you think you have more light output because you have more foreground... put the old bulbs back in so you can actually see man. Fake Carbon is meh, but who really puts really carbon pieces in anymore.

Blue Dream (12-23-2016)
Old 12-23-2016, 11:09 AM
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Although I do semi agree with blue dream I have to say let the man live. Lol. I mean the blue stock wheels have to go but besides that it's his car at the end of the day. If he's happy about what he's done to it or wants to do with it then by all means go for you it bro. At the end of the day, we all had a ricer stage in life, so get it out of your system and move on. Anyway, congrats on all the modding success and your welcome to post updates and pics.

Last edited by IllaNoizeTV; 12-23-2016 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:38 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
i agree with illanoise. I feel like too many people take offense to what other people like or hate. Some people hate TRA Rocket Bunny, some people love it for example.

I may not agree with the mods you've done but I can appreciate that you're 1) doing the work yourself 2) doing what you like.

The only thing that I really think you need to undo is wrapping the airbag. That's just downright unsafe.

Blue Dream i actually have the same opinions as you in terms of the mods but unfortunately our cars are no longer the entry level luxo sedans/coupes that they once were. The newest models are coming up on 10 years old now and the industry has moved on to "bigger and better" things. The G no longer holds the same prestige as it once had. The fact that you can find 05 G's in my area for under $7000CDN means the G will be the first car for many kids...and generally that means ricermods.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:13 PM

Thanks for the feedback fellas but I'm merely expressing my opinions. Folks are welcome to do what they want and enjoy their work but doesn't mean I have to like it or do the same to my car. And when people post false information under the assumption it's true (like 8000K bulbs have amazing output) I will correct them every time.

I'm blunt and direct, that's just my personality. So I guess I'm like car mods, you either get me or you don't, but I'm not going to be offended if you state your feelings one way or another.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Indecisive
....The G no longer holds the same prestige as it once had. The fact that you can find 05 G's in my area for under $7000CDN means the G will be the first car for many kids...and generally that means ricermods.
Yeah, A guy at work who heard I had a G (but has never seen it) was making fun because I'm 49. I have seen a few young guys locally driving coupes (not so much sedans like I have) and most are modded tastefully. Coupes are still +$8k here in no-salt BC, and add a grand to that if they are 6MT.

The rice wave is coming, but as long as they can get JDM R34s, Fairladys and Supra IVs for relatively cheap to ruin I think they'll still go that way first.

Also, he's from Surrey, so what does he know?!

Old 12-23-2016, 06:47 PM
Lol you guys are classic

Old 12-23-2016, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Thanks for the feedback fellas but I'm merely expressing my opinions. Folks are welcome to do what they want and enjoy their work but doesn't mean I have to like it or do the same to my car. And when people post false information under the assumption it's true (like 8000K bulbs have amazing output) I will correct them every time.

I'm blunt and direct, that's just my personality. So I guess I'm like car mods, you either get me or you don't, but I'm not going to be offended if you state your feelings one way or another.
Just got one of these too. Great money spent. 15 for the obd dongle and 10 bucks for the app. "Obd fusion"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G Sedan today?