G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

What did you do to the G Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude I love it! this is exactly what I'm trying to do with my G I'm in the process of looking for new rims and I wanna either get black plastic dip or a paint job

Originally Posted by Fire0nic3
Ran into an issue where the roof spoiler I just installed kept lifting up on the edge after a few days. I used 3M genuine mounting tape and their adhesion promoter inside my garage at room temperature. Still wouldn't stick.....

Decided to remove the spoiler and repeat the process but also add a bead of JB weld. I taped the **** out of the spoiler to hold it down and sat some stuff on it over night. ALL GOOD NOW!

Also admiring how nice the roof spoiler complements the duckbill trunk!

Old 02-08-2017, 02:26 AM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Paint job

Old 02-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottwax
Swapped brake pads. The ones on the car were getting there in terms of wear and they dust like a ****.

New lower control arms looking sexy...

What's up me! Also doing this right now lol.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:00 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Swapped brake pads. The ones on the car were getting there in terms of wear and they dust like a ****.

New lower control arms looking sexy...

What pads did you go with? I want something with a good bite, quiet, better than stock for a daily driver.

Why did you replace the lower control arms? Bushings I guess but you still had to bang out those ball joints and replace them right?

Old 02-09-2017, 06:28 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
No ball joints to bang out on the LCA's. Simply remove the shock arm and ball joint then unbolt both ends of the arm. It's a really simple repair if your **** isn't all corroded to hell. The compression rods sit on a ball joint that probably should be replaced if you have a high mileage car. I run the Megan Racing roll center adjusters which are ball joints that help keep the suspension geometry correct in lowered cars. I've had them on for about 40K miles and they still work great and have held up well.

Last edited by Blue Dream; 02-09-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Swaglife81
What pads did you go with? I want something with a good bite, quiet, better than stock for a daily driver.

Why did you replace the lower control arms? Bushings I guess but you still had to bang out those ball joints and replace them right?
Tire rack recommended the Akebono street performance ceramic pads to me. I asked 1000x if it would bite had when cold, and the rep from T-Rack insisted it would!

Old 02-09-2017, 06:15 PM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Tire rack recommended the Akebono street performance ceramic pads to me. I asked 1000x if it would bite had when cold, and the rep from T-Rack insisted it would!
yup I have those pads on my BBK and they really bite in the cold. It's unusually cold here right now and I really noticed the difference.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:52 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Flashed my Osiris tune onto my Cipher and shipping it out to EPiK. Girlfriend won't know the difference and I'm glad it's going to someone who will appreciate it.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:46 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
I had the LCA's done. When I had the a/c repaired last summer, the shop said I'd need to replace the control arm and compression rod (radial arm is what he called it) bushings in the near future. Kind of forgot about it since the car was driving fine. But over the last few weeks, I noticed it dog tracking over rough roads and the steering wheel canted a bit to the left while going straight. Dropped it off this morning, turned out the compression rod bushings were fine, just needed to change the LCA's on both side. Ended up being about $200 less than the original estimate! Car tracks so much better now. I guess as it slowly deteriorates you don't really notice until it gets bad.
What exactly do you mean by dog tracking? I have some inner edge cupped wear on my front right tire - can't be toe because both sides would wear that way and chamber is natural from the drop and again should be pretty equal side to side. I even swapped front wheels and not so long later the front right (originally left) developed the same inner edge cupped wear.

So I'm just wondering what you mean by dog tracking because I find my G is a bit darty and tends to follow the ruts in the road or pull on rough roads. But up until reading your post I put it all down to the wide 255 tires up front....Now I'm wondering (if dog tracking is darty behaviour) then maybe my LCA bushings are bad too - on the one side.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BradMD_96
What exactly do you mean by dog tracking? I have some inner edge cupped wear on my front right tire - can't be toe because both sides would wear that way and chamber is natural from the drop and again should be pretty equal side to side. I even swapped front wheels and not so long later the front right (originally left) developed the same inner edge cupped wear.

So I'm just wondering what you mean by dog tracking because I find my G is a bit darty and tends to follow the ruts in the road or pull on rough roads. But up until reading your post I put it all down to the wide 255 tires up front....Now I'm wondering (if dog tracking is darty behaviour) then maybe my LCA bushings are bad too - on the one side.
A bad control arm bushing may be diagnosed by looking at the bushing. Notice the crack in the rubber? It's currently being pressed out to install a new one.

What did you do to the G Sedan today?-photo343.jpg

The following users liked this post:
BradMD_96 (02-10-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 11:49 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Today I drove my sedanX over a curb. Well, actually it was a chunk of curb. Now you dropanatics may think the AWD sits high. It does not sit high enough. My G has the ability to shave concrete.

It seems clear to me that a construction vehicle for a bridge replacement project pulled off the median and dislodged/broke away the sloped curbing. All I could do as I headed onto the flyover ramp boxed in by traffic was take it head on. Horrible clumping/scraping/grinding noises almost obscured my cries of "oh shizzle" as I tried to halt the destruction with my brake pedal.

Construction foreman and I were able to back the car off the chunk. Plastic underpan is chewed up of course. Not knowing what else might be chewed up I used the Infiniti Elite warranty to have it towed to the dealer for inspection and assessment. Hopefully they will report tomorrow.

Now the fun of making a claim ensues.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G Sedan today?-photo997.jpg  
Old 02-09-2017, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

Oh man. Good luck.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:52 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
BTW the white dashed line is not roadway paint striping. It is my G laying down concrete shavings.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by G2B35AGN
BTW the white dashed line is not roadway paint striping. It is my G laying down concrete shavings.

Yep, get that checked out. Since it happened right outside the construction site you might get lucky and they'll pay for any damages. Make sure you give everything the fine-tooth-comb treatment before you sign off on anything.

Your under-shroud did what it was supposed to do. I was going to say at least you can get yourself a nice new alloy one, but I don't think any of them fit the X.

It could have been worse - kind of a gross story but I know someone (a cop) who found a human forearm jammed in the rear suspension of his patrol car.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:33 AM
noticed condensation in one of my newly-reassembled headlights.

I guess I didn't seal it properly. Looking forward to spending all of Saturday removing it, splitting it, drying it out, re-sealing it, and re-installing it. Grrrr.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G Sedan today?