G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

What did you do to the G Sedan today?

Old 04-09-2016, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Putting in some work

Going with new valve covers, spark plugs (someone put autolites in....oh, the horror!!) I called NWP and ordered the lower intake phenolic spacers (they fit), just getting a head start

getting started

coming apart

spacer coming

remove tb, next stop - manifold wash

new valve covers coming

Old 04-11-2016, 11:34 AM
Finally got around to a headlight restoration:

The finished product:

Next up was refreshing the front end with a fresh coat of paint and clear for the new season:
Tackled a friends Jimmy while we were at it:

After paint:

And today I finished my second last wheel restoration and paint. They are a set of 18's staggered off the coupe, soon to be going on my sedan. They had a case of severe curb rash, so many hours of bondo, and sanding, the final product wasn't half bad given what I had to start with.

Next up is some fender rolling, and 350Z suspension swap!

Old 04-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Nice bro! Wish I had the day off to get some stuff done.

Old 04-15-2016, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by JoshuaDunand
Finally got around to a headlight restoration:

The finished product:

Next up was refreshing the front end with a fresh coat of paint and clear for the new season:
Tackled a friends Jimmy while we were at it:

After paint:

And today I finished my second last wheel restoration and paint. They are a set of 18's staggered off the coupe, soon to be going on my sedan. They had a case of severe curb rash, so many hours of bondo, and sanding, the final product wasn't half bad given what I had to start with.

Next up is some fender rolling, and 350Z suspension swap!

How did you get the headlights done like that????

Old 04-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Streetsleepers
How did you get the headlights done like that????
If your headlights are very yellowed, start by wet sanding them down with 1000 grit wet sanding paper working in a horizontal and then vertical pattern. Keep doing this until the color of the water turns from yellow to white. This means that the damaged clear-coat has been removed and your down to a clean lens.

Step 2:
Wetsand again in the same pattern with 2000 grit to remove the deeper 1000 grit sand paper scratches. And then wash everything off and dry the headlights thouroughly.

Step 3:
Using a headlight restoration wheel (You can get them in the kit pictured below, which I highly recommend)

Use the included compounding fluid (or buy any aggressive compound (6-7) and wet the pad with a few drops of fluid of it. Go over the entire headlight several times until it looks like most of the wet-sanding marks have been removed.
Once your happy with it, use the polish to do the finishing work. Another 5-6 drops and polish until your happy with the final result.

Since there most likely won't be any clear coat left on the lens to protect it (depends how much sanding you did and how damaged the lens is) I recommend use a high quality wax paste to help protect it from yellowing again.

Good luck! It makes a world of a difference, especially on these cars.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:38 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
new belts and did the idler pulley delete while i was at it. no idea how old the belts were but they looked pretty good when i got them off.

Old 04-19-2016, 02:45 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by JoshuaDunand
If your headlights are very yellowed, start by wet sanding them down with 1000 grit wet sanding paper working in a horizontal and then vertical pattern. Keep doing this until the color of the water turns from yellow to white. This means that the damaged clear-coat has been removed and your down to a clean lens.

Step 2:
Wetsand again in the same pattern with 2000 grit to remove the deeper 1000 grit sand paper scratches. And then wash everything off and dry the headlights thouroughly.

Step 3:
Using a headlight restoration wheel (You can get them in the kit pictured below, which I highly recommend)

Use the included compounding fluid (or buy any aggressive compound (6-7) and wet the pad with a few drops of fluid of it. Go over the entire headlight several times until it looks like most of the wet-sanding marks have been removed.
Once your happy with it, use the polish to do the finishing work. Another 5-6 drops and polish until your happy with the final result.

Since there most likely won't be any clear coat left on the lens to protect it (depends how much sanding you did and how damaged the lens is) I recommend use a high quality wax paste to help protect it from yellowing again.

Good luck! It makes a world of a difference, especially on these cars.
The only thing I would add is do your best to professionally have them cleared with a commercial clear coat. They'll never yellow again.

Old 04-19-2016, 03:04 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Name:  IMG_20160418_220706.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  286.1 KB

Quick wash for the nice weather

Old 04-20-2016, 05:14 PM
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
Removed the center console trim...

Installed 12v hardwired dual USB connector in place of lighter...

Yay, we have power!

Works great, no complaints. I had to trim the bracket underneath the ash tray door so the wiring would have room to move, and file the hole slightly to make this fit in place of the lighter.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-21-2016, 05:21 PM
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
I spotted this g35 yesterday. Super clean. Maybe the owner is on here? P.s. I know my window is dirty and the pic is crap. Lol.

What did you do to the G Sedan today?-20160421_134116.jpg

Old 04-22-2016, 09:52 AM
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by mtlruss
The G37x wheels look right at home, nice! I've been looking for a set locally so I can get rid of my FX35 18's.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Fixer
The G37x wheels look right at home, nice! I've been looking for a set locally so I can get rid of my FX35 18's.
Thanks! Exactly, and the handling with 245s are pretty awesome too, compared to stock 17s wheels.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:04 PM
Finally finished the refinishing of my wheels today and mounted them.
This is what I had to start with. 2005 Coupe staggered setup. Paid next to nothing for the wheels and tires, and I was overdue for a good DIY attempt.

I did all matte black and matte clear-coat originally but the finish wasn't what I desired. It was too matte and just didn't suit the car. Matte wheels tend to have a finish that lacks the "quality look" in my opinion.

SO, I switched to Satin, using the same matte clear-coat and the finish was exactly what I wanted.

There's dust on the wheels. They aren't paint defects

I need some opinions. New EBC drilled and slotted rotors are on the way, along with some stainless braided brake lines. I'm leaning towards doing a quality paint job on the calipers. I'm thinking I want to do red to add some color to the car because it lacks "pop?" Not sure, maybe gunmetal or black? I'm trying to avoid the "riced" look at all costs.

The car will be lowered soon FINALLY

Old 04-22-2016, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by eazdaskeez

Quick wash for the nice weather
Brother, where'd you find your front lip? Looks fantastic.
Did you mount using the 3M tape and inner fender well screws??
Thanks!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G Sedan today?