G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Just Picked Up a G Baby!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 07:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just Picked Up a G Baby!

I always like these cars since the sedan came out in 03' and my friends dad bought one, thought it looked very weird at first (the sedan) but it really grew on me. Since my experiences were with I30's and QX'4s was used to the luxury of Infiniti, but didnt expect anything performance wise. I got to drive it back then and was blown away by the power and handling, I've wanted one ever since but never came close to affording one as I come from a lineage of rural villagers in Eastern Europe..

Luckily someone crashed into my old car (2007 cobalt) so I was forced to look into buying used cars online (never from dealerships as I had a bad experience on my first ever car getting ripped off real bad). I looked everyday for 2 weeks at Darts, Cruzes, Mazda 3's, Maxima's and G35's. Found some incredible deals online on a Maxima and a Cruze but they sold within one day of Listing, there are some truly good deals to be had in Calgary. I stumbled upon a 2004 G35 5AT Twilight Blue for 6500$ with 133,100 Km (82,700) Miles and immediately called the guy an arranged a test drive. The car also had the premium package, was a 2004.5, and had illuminated door sills which was nice and 18" rims not sure if those are standard.

The car was in good condition and drove well except for a clunking noise coming out of the front passenger side suspension component. It had the brake pads done recently which is nice, but I also felt the shocks were worn out and should be replaced. In my experiences driving the sedan in 03' and coupe in 06' when they were both brand new I know how these things are supposed to drive and the suspension just seems worn out. Also there was a hole about 1cm by 1cm right in the middle of the passenger seat and small inch long tear in the drivers side side bolster of the seat but I found a good deal on two used seats. A potential buyer who view the car before I had offered the kid (who lived in a very nice neighbourhood) 600$ less than asking price and he declined it, so I didn't haggle with price and immediately bought it feeling I had made a good purchase.

The day I bought the car I went on this forum and read a post about painting the grill black but leaving the emblem chrome as an easy and good aesthetic mod. So that's all I've done with that car besides borrowing a polisher and fixing a good portion of swirl marks out of the paint. polishing and waxing the car and restoring the headlights to get the car looking dealership used car quality. I had to detail the inside as well as the car didn't seem to be the best taken of car, but nothing atrocious, just not up to my standards for such a nice ride.

I'm not driving the car until I get the suspension fixed and the compression rod bushing so I have a few questions I'd like to ask here. 1. Where can I get purchase and aftermarket/OEM Suspension preferable something better built or designed not to wear out the bushings so easily but thats just a wish? Where can I purchase a compression rod bushing? do I still need to replace the compression rod bushing if I am buying new suspension all around? Brake Pedal is harder to push down not as smooth as I know these cars should be would bleeding the brake lines be the correct way to go? Where can I get Used Performance for my car here in Canada? I'm looking at exhaust specifically as it is one of the simpler things to do for a reasonable amount of effectiveness (sound, performance) I also noticed the fuel gauge gives different readings on startup (between 3/4 - 1/1) on a full tank and would ideally like to fix that.

Other than that I can't think of any issues and concerns I have, anything you guys think I need to look out for and work I should do on the car? I would appreciate any input!

Last edited by Joyride; 06-06-2016 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Hey man, congrats on the find. Post up some pics, we all would love to see your G. And as far as parts check CZP or Z1.

Comp Rod Bushings

Old 06-06-2016, 09:49 PM
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Congrats on your G! +1 on posting pics. Rock Auto is good. Just got my lower control arms from there.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:44 AM
K Kool thanks guys I haven't taken any pictures as I'm not done detailing it yet but as soon as I do I will make sure to take some pics that do this car justice. Yeah I just dont know where to get any parts for these cars honestly I know I'm going to need some in the future. like a simple OEM g35 emblem I wouldn't know where to go maybe Hyatt Infiniti but I'm sure I'd be getting ripped off there. And Sorry for asking questing that have already been answered, I will not be lazy and do the research myself.

Last edited by Joyride; 06-07-2016 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:39 AM
Just Picked Up a G Baby!

Originally Posted by Joyride
K Kool thanks guys I haven't taken any pictures as I'm not done detailing it yet but as soon as I do I will make sure to take some pics that do this car justice. Yeah I just dont know where to get any parts for these cars honestly I know I'm going to need some in the future. like a simple OEM g35 emblem I wouldn't know where to go maybe Hyatt Infiniti but I'm sure I'd be getting ripped off there. And Sorry for asking questing that have already been answered, I will not be lazy and do the research myself.
Bro, for simple things like emblems just use ebay. Also u can use the fb page which is a great source.
Just Picked Up a G Baby!-screenshot_20160607-084347.png

Last edited by IllaNoizeTV; 06-07-2016 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:16 AM
dude that page is epic! I think Isaw your video on there recently and loved it

Old 07-04-2016, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by Joyride
dude that page is epic! I think Isaw your video on there recently and loved it
Thanks bro!

Old 07-04-2016, 04:00 AM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Yaaasss. Enjoy!