G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My '04 G35x AWD Sedan Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 06:24 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Lol blue..

Brother keep on keeping on, excited to see your g's progression. my cats and y gave me an annoying honda rasp but I suspect the joker that installed them didn't align them correctly and I have a leak. Gonna get down there and check the bolts first and if that doesn't fix it i'll slap some new gaskets in their with some permatex.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:41 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Infiniti_G35x
Dunno where all this negative aggression is coming from? I wanted to do something cool to my car. I don't think it sounds shitty just need to get a resonator and better muffler. Thanks for your input, I guess
I think you read more into my post than I intended. No aggression here, I'm just expressing my opinion of your decision making. You yourself have said how happy you are with your new muffler here and now that you aren't happy with how the exhaust sounds with the headers and test pipes. Trust me you'll know if I'm being aggressive, I just don't get that way very often. I am blunt with my opinions and I'm OK with that. Better to be that way IMHO than talk behind people's backs or be passive aggressive which I admittedly did back in the day before I got a clue what life is really all about.

When it's all said and done it's your car and if you're happy with it then cool. But that doesn't preclude those of us who would have done things differently to speak up and say so. If I offended I apologize.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I think you read more into my post than I intended. No aggression here, I'm just expressing my opinion of your decision making. You yourself have said how happy you are with your new muffler here and now that you aren't happy with how the exhaust sounds with the headers and test pipes. Trust me you'll know if I'm being aggressive, I just don't get that way very often. I am blunt with my opinions and I'm OK with that. Better to be that way IMHO than talk behind people's backs or be passive aggressive which I admittedly did back in the day before I got a clue what life is really all about.

When it's all said and done it's your car and if you're happy with it then cool. But that doesn't preclude those of us who would have done things differently to speak up and say so. If I offended I apologize.
Def want someone to tell you like it is, than some pendejo to smile in your face and then run their mouth. I'm sure blue is glad to see a contributing member, especially one who is going a route that seldom do. Maybe swap out the test pipes for hfcs and if you still get a rasp with a res and muff swap. Will have the same performance and will lean you out a little less. Look at MagnaFlow 22 in res or vibrant 16 inch. You may be able to keep the muffler. If not get a MagnaFlow 2.5 in inlet with dual 2.5or 3in outlet. You'll have to have tips welded on.. the normal MagnaFlow is 2.25in inlet with a dual 3in outlet w/tips already which will bottle neck and still give you rasp.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eazdaskeez
Digging your build. Keep it up bro
Thanks man! ill have updates soon after the coil overs go in

Originally Posted by cenzo6mt
Lol blue..

Brother keep on keeping on, excited to see your g's progression. my cats and y gave me an annoying honda rasp but I suspect the joker that installed them didn't align them correctly and I have a leak. Gonna get down there and check the bolts first and if that doesn't fix it i'll slap some new gaskets in their with some permatex.
Yeah i think the raspyness has to do with the cheap muffler, resonator delete, and small diameter tubing, going to look into cat back exhaust systems tonight online.

Originally Posted by cenzo6mt
Def want someone to tell you like it is, than some pendejo to smile in your face and then run their mouth. I'm sure blue is glad to see a contributing member, especially one who is going a route that seldom do. Maybe swap out the test pipes for hfcs and if you still get a rasp with a res and muff swap. Will have the same performance and will lean you out a little less. Look at MagnaFlow 22 in res or vibrant 16 inch. You may be able to keep the muffler. If not get a MagnaFlow 2.5 in inlet with dual 2.5or 3in outlet. You'll have to have tips welded on.. the normal MagnaFlow is 2.25in inlet with a dual 3in outlet w/tips already which will bottle neck and still give you rasp.
Good looks, so i have high flow cats on it now, not test pipes. Gonna look into the res and muffler u suggested.

THank you for your input!!

Old 10-07-2016, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Infiniti_G35x
Thanks man! ill have updates soon after the coil overs go in

Yeah i think the raspyness has to do with the cheap muffler, resonator delete, and small diameter tubing, going to look into cat back exhaust systems tonight online.

Good looks, so i have high flow cats on it now, not test pipes. Gonna look into the res and muffler u suggested.

THank you for your input!!
Before you go spending gap on a cbe try just adding the 22 inch res.. or even the ultra quiet vibrant not the regular straight through one. 2.5 inch stock piping is more than sufficient to pass that flow. What is the inlet outlet of that ebay muffler?

It's funny because when I had my stage 2 1.8t audi a4 I had a single 3 inch test pipe to 2.5 in piping with a 16 in vibrant bullet style res and the MagnaFlow muffler with 2.25 inlet and there was no rasp at WOT just an intense deep growl, it made that send pop pop pop on Rev matched downshifts too. Lol its funny how it all works out. Guessing because it was a 4 banger.

Last edited by cenzo6mt; 10-07-2016 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Additional comment
Old 10-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Installed a pml transmission cover took about 2 hours.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:08 PM
Installed rear struts and springs. BC Racing Br type. Took me two days, had no idea what i was getting myself into. This being a new england car everything is rusted to **** and seized up. Just trying to get the lower bolt and bushing out was a feat. Finally got em done tho, tried to do the fronts and everything seized up so its gonna be another day of me swearing and yelling and bleeding from trying to install these things. But after all is said and done i will feel a sense of accomplishment i suppose, Gettting ready for a cruise/run up on the Kancamagus highway in conway nh.

Old 10-13-2016, 04:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
$500 dyno tune and your exhaust and headers will be hauling *** for you

The following users liked this post:
Infiniti_G35x (10-13-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by NeverTooFast
$500 dyno tune and your exhaust and headers will be hauling *** for you
Thanks bud ! I'm gonna try to get a tune next week

Got my front and rear camber kit in today. Gonna be fun to try and install

Old 10-16-2016, 10:03 PM

Gonna attempt a dual exhaust with this magnaflow muffler and 2 resonators. 2.5" diameter tubing

Old 10-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Replaced my cheapo eBay short ram intake with a R2C intake. Plastic tubing helps with heat soak also the air filter guard keeps heat away from intake. Cost a pretty penny tho.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:09 AM

Hell yeah, I have preached the virtues of the R2C for 6 years on this forum. Because I deleted my air intake over the radiator and replaced a catch can there I bought the 350Z version that doesn't have the cut out on the side. Completely seals against the hood to prevent heat soak and R2C makes the best filters on the market. Not many people know this but they make most of the filters for military vehicles............

My favorite part of your build so far!!

Old 10-21-2016, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Hell yeah, I have preached the virtues of the R2C for 6 years on this forum. Because I deleted my air intake over the radiator and replaced a catch can there I bought the 350Z version that doesn't have the cut out on the side. Completely seals against the hood to prevent heat soak and R2C makes the best filters on the market. Not many people know this but they make most of the filters for military vehicles............

My favorite part of your build so far!!
i believe you put the bug in my ear about R2C, so far so good im happy with it, certainly better (and bigger) than the ebay short ram intake

Old 10-27-2016, 12:39 AM
Did a cruise over the weekend up in the NH mountains, over 400 cars. Saw a few nice GT-R's and a few G's and Z's. But TONS of subies haha. Good experience tho first time going on a cruise def wanna go on another.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:07 AM

My G/Z car club in Austin has a yearly cruise out in the Hill Country once a year and we will sometimes pair up with another club/s to roll together. Went up there a couple of weeks ago and rolled with a club that had a 2016 Corvette Stingray, an AMG E63, a 911 Turbo and a lot of other cool cars. Got my first chance to push my GTO hard for an extended period of time and came away more impressed than I thought I would.

We ride for a couple of hours, have lunch at the same restaurant every year then roll for another couple of hours. Good times...............

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My '04 G35x AWD Sedan Thread