G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Got hit by a Taxi cab today.....argh!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 10:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got hit by a Taxi cab today.....argh!!!

Hi all,

Haven't posted here for a long time. Today at a green light going straight, a cab ran a red light and hit me on the rear (wheel arch and bumper). Now my steering wheel is tilted at an angle and the SLIP and VDC light is on. So seems like suspension / axle got bent a bit? Long story short, got the cops on-site (waited 3 hours OMG) and will pick up the police report in a few days. I only have liability insurance. The Taxi guy has this Taxi insurance through American Transit Ins Corp. Anyone every dealt with them? I will need to contact them once I get the police report as the cab driver gave me two separate policy # (assuming he rented the cab) so I'll just wait for police report and see what the cop wrote down and go from there. What do you guys think the damage would cost? Now when I opened the trunk there is a bulge inside. The wheel seems "straight" but obviously something is wrong when the steering wheel is tilted for it to go straight. With the SLIP and VDC light on does that mean some sensor was damaged when he hit my wheel? Thanks for any feedback. The cab's bumper didn't have much damage at all except the plate being torn off. Is my gas tank all under the car? Or it may have dented in as well?

Old 10-11-2016, 09:54 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
You know, for people who drive for a living, cab drivers sure suck at it.

Without a body shop getting in there and see exactly what's wrong there is no way to estimate the cost. But if there is suspension/axle related damage you can bet it will be expensive.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This will be expensive probably more than 5k.

Let us know how the estimate and repairs go

Old 11-01-2016, 02:15 AM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
That's sad to see. Good luck

Old 11-01-2016, 06:49 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Updates????

Old 11-06-2016, 01:04 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
My car got nailed in that spot. You're looking at about 6k in the rear end. New trunk floor, new rear quarter panel, new bumper, rim repair or replacement, probably new brake light since their supports tend to get broken or cracked if there's any little shift at all back there, paint on all of those parts, obviously. The impact may have caused one of your bushings up front that was already at the end of its expected life to give up completely, but anything up front is going to run at least a grand with parts and labor. This is enough (with rental) that the car may be totaled due to its age.

Here's my impact for comparison:

Old 11-06-2016, 01:49 AM
WOW, $6,000? OMG..............

The NYC taxi insurance company is a joke. Name is American Transit Insurance. Just google them.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...it%20insurance

They are horrible. So many complaints from BBB. Long story short I spent countless days on phone just to get someone to pick up the phone. They just refused to pick up. This past month I must have called them at least 50 to 60 times and most of them are hold music for 10 minutes and then goes to voicemail. After about a month their estimator came out and said the damage is about $1,620 and said it has to go through their final department for approval. LOL. I don't even know what else to say. At this point I don't plan to repair it as it will be given to my nephew (he's taking driving classes now) and his parents will fix it at bare minimum to get the car to function so their teenage son can learn to drive with it. I have been wanting to get back to driving a manual transmission for a long time now so it's a good excuse to do so. The taxi insurance is a joke and I don't know how long this process will take nor do I have anymore time to keep calling them. I just gave up. Even if I would to get an estimate I know they will give every excuse not to match it and low ball it to the max. Looking to replace it with another car. My wife has a cx-5 and that's what I've been driving for now. I also have a motorcycle but it's getting too cold to drive it. Besides it's more a recreational bike. Looking at only a manual car for now (G37, WRX or a Mazda 3).

Old 11-06-2016, 02:21 AM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
i had someone rear end me back in april. my rear suspension was bent, trunk floor was bulged, bumper, support, rear quarter panels. it was bad. the insurance company totaled out my car. it was an 04 g35 coupe with 130k miles. i would fight them for the cost of damage. call your insurance company and file a claim with them. it should not go against you because he ran a red light and he is at fault. dont get screwed for his mistake. your insurance company should back you up. if not get a lawyer and sue them for cost of damages and legal fees. i am sure they will cut you a check quick to avoid the headache and added costs

Old 11-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by hurleyguys
i had someone rear end me back in april. my rear suspension was bent, trunk floor was bulged, bumper, support, rear quarter panels. it was bad. the insurance company totaled out my car. it was an 04 g35 coupe with 130k miles. i would fight them for the cost of damage. call your insurance company and file a claim with them. it should not go against you because he ran a red light and he is at fault. dont get screwed for his mistake. your insurance company should back you up. if not get a lawyer and sue them for cost of damages and legal fees. i am sure they will cut you a check quick to avoid the headache and added costs
My insurance company wouldn't do anything as I only have liability. I didn't have dash cam nor was there any witness. On the police report the cab said I ran the red light. What a joke. The taxi insurance will say I am at 50% fault if I present them any estimates and that's what they did to a lot of people from reading the reviews. Getting a lawyer should help but this is gonna cost money and a lot of time.