G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Goodbye G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 08:56 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Is that top screen in the pic. Infiniti's new analogue clock? If so, I think it's very cheesy.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Konsole
On the Rover forums, its almost the other way around. The in-warranty new rover crowd is vastly different and less interesting than the guys who work on them post warranty and are long term owners (Read: DIY mechanics). I think owning an 'old' Land Rover is also when they get more interesting. The mall crawler starbucks types who never off road tend to stay in warranty and at the dealer. My 2013 LR4 is the last of the V8 land rovers, and is just now out of warranty at 52k. So it begins. The G is now a backup/travel/beater car but I hope it lasts a long time.

It's the same deal on the Mustang forums I'm on.

Stage1 New model comes out, so you get an influx of owners who are new to the scene and excited. They do mostly appearance mods, have no idea how anything under the hood works, and talk smack about anything made prior to their model. Since the car is in warranty, most do very little performance work other than induction and exhaust perhaps. In 4-5 years, or when the lease is up, they talk crap about the car, and move onto something else.

Stage 2 The just out of warranty cars are the ones that get modded. Supercharges, heads, suspension, brakes, etc. They got the car cheap enough to mod, and since there's no warranty anymore, who cares. But since, they still paid decent money for the car, they take pride in it, and modify it with quality parts because they can afford to.

Stage 3 The 10-15 year old cars. The HS guys who need a cheap, cool car. They love em, but can't afford to do the high quality mods they want, so they stick to cheap, easy stuff, but always talk about that supercharger or turbo install they will get next year. 1-2 years later, when the car has 200K miles, they offload it for the next best $2-3K car.

Stage 4 15+ years. These are the survivor cars. Enthusiasts buy these and seek them out specifically. The clean cars get scooped up, stashed in a garage, and modded with high quality (sometimes expensive) mods. Most have collector insurance on it, and drive it less than 1000 miles a year. They may have wanted the car 15-20 years ago when they were in HS, and now can actually afford it.

I realize this could apply to many groups of cars. I feel the G35 is currently Stage 3. Give it another few years, when G37 prices drop further, that we will see the transition to Stage 4 ownership. I bet some owners here are already there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.