G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Urgent. Mechanic fail.. compression rods. Pics.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 07:20 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Urgent. Mechanic fail.. compression rods. Pics.

Long story short, paid a mechanic to overhaul my front suspension from top to bottom. New arms, bushings, ball joints... the works. Everything was replaced down to the tie rods and end links. Paid for him to do an alignment which he supposedly did but then questioned if I ever got one after havingredients my tires installed.

well, not more than 3 months later the car pulls to the right and both brand new tires are worn down to metal on the inside wall. He claims it to be the energy suspension bushings.

look at this pic and tell me I'm not crazy, the compression rods were installed incorrectly and he couldn't have possibly did the alignment.

These pics were taken two days ago.. the tires now show the metal threads.

cliff notes:
*Mechanic incorrectly installed rods
*blames polyurethane bushings
*questioned me if I got an alignment (paid him to do)
*tires installed 2 days after work was finished
*car pulls, knock from rods, tires worn out after less than 3 months of casual driving.
*no more than 1750 miles on new tires.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:43 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
The bushings were installed fine; they all have that gap issue unless you install the washer fix. Also, the the comp rod bushings will only affect caster and camber; your issue is a toe issue. There is absolutely ZERO way that brand new tires can wear that quickly unless the toe was set incorrectly..Like massively incorrectly.

Do you have the alignment sheet from the alignment he says he did? And have you messed with ANY of the suspension since he did all this work?

The following users liked this post:
cenzo6mt (01-28-2017)
Old 01-28-2017, 01:10 AM
I did the front brakes 2 weeks later, but I didn't touch the suspension at all. No washer fix done, as you can see lol. No alignment sheet was furnished upon completion of work. I redid the entire suspension because this is how the first set of tires wore after 30k miles.. this time it took less than 2k miles.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:16 AM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
get alignment ASAP!

Old 01-28-2017, 02:34 AM
He looked over the work tonight and said all parts are installed correctly and aren't damaged. Will be going after him for tires and an alignment though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.