G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

DIY 2003/2004 G35 Sedan rattle exorcism

Old 11-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
I need to undertake this job at some point. The minor rattles are starting to get annoying. Anyone know if this is covered under the extended warranty?

Old 11-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by G35fromTO
Has anyone removed the A-pillar? I am pretty sure it just sits on clips and needs to be pulled to get it off but just want to check first. I'm assuming nothing else needs to be removed before?

The A-pillar on the passenger side I'm pretty sure is responsible for some rattles so just want to take it off and apply some foam/felt tape.
I removed the pillar when routing the microphone wire for the bluetooth-enabled headunit in my wife's car. Just a few clips. Get a spatula under the edge and pry while you pull with your man hands and it comes right off and back on again.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Why is he going to kill your car at your house?? The problems can't be that serious.
lol

Anyway, they dropped off my car today, 3 days with the 07 loaner was freakin nice!
... The paperwork says they foam insulated around the sunroof and confirmed it is fixed, I havent taken the car out yet so we'll see.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Oh wow.. I was the last one to post in this thread..yay
Anyway, sunroof is still perfect!

However, the squeaking coming from the back seat is annoying the crap out of me..Ahh!!!! I swear last summer or something there was a thread about tightening up some bars behind the back seat, but I can't find that thread anymore.. Can someone point me in that direction?

Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by geew1z
Oh wow.. I was the last one to post in this thread..yay
Anyway, sunroof is still perfect!

However, the squeaking coming from the back seat is annoying the crap out of me..Ahh!!!! I swear last summer or something there was a thread about tightening up some bars behind the back seat, but I can't find that thread anymore.. Can someone point me in that direction?
I used this rear seat removal DIY. It doesn't discuss the crossbrace itself, but once you remove the seats you will see it. It's basically just an X and there are 4-6 bolts holding it in. I removed the bolts, put loctite on them and torqued them back down. Not sure if it actually improved anything or not because I was also having the rear window squeaking from the regulator bolts. The whole process took me less than an hour.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...mechanism.html

Also, you do not need to remove the rear shelf above the seats if you are just tightening the crossbrace.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Thank you so much! Maybe I can get to this this weekend...

Old 02-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have the pics that go with this? Ill even post them on my web hosting site if no one wants to host them

Old 02-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts
can someone explain this to me? I can move the compression rods with a pry bar pretty easy... do you think they could produce this loud of a noise? I have checked the bolts and all the bushings seem to still be in place. anyways you can hear the sound starting at :30 and the whole time i drive. thanks

Also my original stock everything the sound was hard to hear, and then i got lowering springs, then 350z struts and springs, and now I just bought megan coilovers and it is the worst it has ever been if that helps.

Last edited by Heist.; 02-05-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Heist.
can someone explain this to me? I can move the compression rods with a pry bar pretty easy... do you think they could produce this loud of a noise? I have checked the bolts and all the bushings seem to still be in place. anyways you can hear the sound starting at :30 and the whole time i drive. thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI5aFNB4rCw
OMG this is very bad. i'd be scared to drive this car! i've never heard rattle so bad on any G.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by codeflux
OMG this is very bad. i'd be scared to drive this car! i've never heard rattle so bad on any G.
I know its very depressing haha. I posted a thread, and no one has said anything just viewed it. I went over all the bolts, everything is tight, but I still have to drive to school. Just really starting to worry me and I want to fix it ASAP

Old 02-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Heist.
I know its very depressing haha. I posted a thread, and no one has said anything just viewed it. I went over all the bolts, everything is tight, but I still have to drive to school. Just really starting to worry me and I want to fix it ASAP
i would consider taking it to a dealer or at least to a mechanic...

Old 02-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by codeflux
i would consider taking it to a dealer or at least to a mechanic...
I would rather just go through it all myself... just dont want to tear it down to find out its something simple and I can focus on one item.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I cant stand the rattles in my car they me insane the rear deck in mine is the worst, but it is ok because my subs are the reason that it makes noise. but i have recently noticed that there is a rattle coming from my dashboard and as far as i can tell it is coming from the steering column near the ignition. has any one else had this problem?

Old 02-06-2010, 08:29 PM
false alarm.. mine turned out to be just the rear arm rest/cup holder that I leave down for the kid. I can't believe that! But easiest fix will be to leave it up unless she is in the car..lol

Old 03-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear window

Creaking on rear window. Where do you spray the lube spray to fix this?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: DIY 2003/2004 G35 Sedan rattle exorcism