G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Sedan trade in for Coupe

Old 01-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sedan trade in for Coupe

Has anyone traded in a Sedan for a Coupe. I was interested in doing this. If you have did you lose much money? and was the process easy? Thanks.

Old 01-03-2003, 07:59 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Sedan trade in for Coupe

Yes it was easy but to my mind the only hard thing is to get what you want for your Sedan. I'm happy with my deal- I got 41k for my loaded Sedan towards my loaded Coupe (at Brantford Nissan). They're only selling at MSRP and all I got thrown in was splash guards ($180). But on a trade that 41k saved me over 6k in taxes on the new one. Looking at it that way makes it seem a little better. True it's expensive to trade so soon but worth every cent to me. You must decide
Let me know what you do. I pick up my new Coupe on Tuesday in this crappy weather. In some ways I wish I'd waited 2 more months for the better weather----but then they'd only give me 39k for my trade........Later

Gsedanman-Garnet Fire Sedan ('till Jan 4, then D/G Coupe)

Old 01-03-2003, 09:21 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From the news, looks like you guys are really getting hit with snow! Are you planning to have them swap the tires over to winters before you drive it home? I know the local dealer here after a big dump didn' t want the new coupe owner to take it unless he brought winter tires with him.
Congrats on your new ride when you pick up. Guess you're going to keep 'gsedanman' rather than change to 'gcoupeman'.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2003, 10:50 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That's a good point Gordgee, but I went ahead 3 weeks ago and bought new Yokohamas and CDR-9's....which are sitting in my livingroom right now. So I guess I'll have to drive home on the Michilin Sports unless I lug the snows back.
Actually the 'dump' right here in Cambridge (and K-W) isn't as bad *** as GTA, Hamilton, Oakville all those cities along the lake right now. Up to 10:30 PM local time we've had only 4" so far whereas GTA has had much more. The 6PM TO news was a real horror show with all they've had-- Some parts there got about 8-12"!!!!!!!! with more tonight. This probably sounds like a walk in the park for you Westerners eh? Don't you guys still golf with 8-12 on the ground????? hahaha
I'll tell you around here the weather has been different for the last 3-4yrs: no snow 'till after new years then a couple of bad dumps (which won't happen till Feb) then a few minor dumps till Spring. A piece of cake compared to the Ottawa Valley in the 50's and 60's...
So unless it's real bad I'll chance the 15 kliks to Brantford..
No name change. I'm stuck on it now I've had it a while---- As long as I don't get booted out of the Coupe 'Camp' for having a treasonous name.hahaha
Will update on my new Coupe soon

Gsedanman-Garnet Fire Sedan ('till Jan 4, then D/G Coupe)

Old 01-04-2003, 12:24 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What...You mean you've never tried 'Snow Golf' before? Even with orange day-glo *****, you still lose one at least every two holes! LOL
Actually, our weather's changed a lot in the past few years as well. Not much snow until recently, and then, just a drop-in-the-bucket from what we usually get! As you know, I've had my winter tires on since late October. I've been hoping for more snow just so they wouldn't wear so fast!
BTW, make sure you at least put a couple of sand bags in the back.
No danger of you getting booted from tthe Coupe camp. After all, we still have 'cadillaccarl' and treat him with respect despite his previous ride!

Gord