G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Well It Over Heated Again!!!!1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Well It Over Heated Again!!!!1

im almost over my own service departmet, i work as a manager at metro infinit in monrovia...it all started about a month ago, i was geting my first oil change on the car, i had one of my techs do it, i was standing under my car when it was on the lift and noticed that my coolant hose was leaking, but it was driping once like ever 5 min or so , it was not a big deal at the time, so i had my parts manager order me a new one, ok that came in a couple of days later and i drove the car that day i got the new part put on, i got home and looked at my coolent box to make sure it wasent leaking again and the collent box was empty, i was like wtf.....so i let it sit over night pulled the cap of to make sure the car still had cooant in it and i was fine, i drove to work and told my tech.... he checked the car and said it must have been he just forgot to fill up the coolent over flow box, and i told him are you sure it is not leaking, and he said he was 100% sure that it was not leaking, well about a month later...im on my way to work 2 day, i was in bumper to bumper traffic on the 71 freeway, i could smell something burning and i didnt think nothing of it cause the temp on my car was good and i just thought it was another car around me, so i rolled up my window and just preceded to work, well on my was home from work i followed one of my co-workers to his house and when pulling up i could smell it again, so i said wtf again, i poped my hood and looked down and the whole bottom of my motor is covered in coolent, and i can smell it burning, at this point im pissed, so i pull my car into his house and park it for less then one minute before i drove it back to work and there was a puddle of coolent on the groung, so i dont know what it would be, sorry its such a long story, im just venting lol......thanks

Old 05-05-2007, 12:29 AM
no offense REALLY... but WTF are you posting this for if you work for an infiniti dealer??? i would fire you for airing this if i owned the dealer

Old 05-05-2007, 12:32 AM
i know lol...but people need to know just incase they need to check there car, plus i dont work for service dept...im sales but thats not the point i guess, but oh well....

Old 05-05-2007, 02:49 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I think it is good of him to post so others know that this has happened. That way they can check for the same problem as well.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:07 AM
Originally Posted by oneformula
no offense REALLY... but WTF are you posting this for if you work for an infiniti dealer??? i would fire you for airing this if i owned the dealer
DUDE! WTF!... you have to remember this site is about people posting problems and helpful hints.. why r you being a dick he just letting people know about the problem... Im glad that IllSellUoNe posted this thread cause im about to bring my car into the infiniti dealer for a coolant flush.. thanks IllSellUoNe this is a helpful post.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:07 AM
you guys need to spank some sense into the service dept. I'll be using Metro service dept for oil changes when I get my G, since I live like 3 miles away

BY THE WAY, can you get me a really good deal on a G Journey w/ Premium at Metro? ...... Like close to invoice

Old 05-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by RichardxG35
DUDE! WTF!... you have to remember this site is about people posting problems and helpful hints.. why r you being a dick he just letting people know about the problem... Im glad that IllSellUoNe posted this thread cause im about to bring my car into the infiniti dealer for a coolant flush.. thanks IllSellUoNe this is a helpful post.

i get that.... but my company fires people for ranting online about the company. most companies do if they find out. how am i being a dick? i said no offense and that if i owned the dealer i would fire him. that is a fact- so what is the issue?

Old 05-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
It's all about 'protecting the brand', basically going out of your way to NOT make your employer look bad. He, unfortunately, has done that with this post. After reading this, I would not have my car serviced there, which takes money out of their pocket.

The fact that he works for the dealership only does one thing - makes the dealership look bad. He could have reported the problem he is having without ever mentioning he is an employee or without mentioning which specific dealership it is.

Anyway, how did your tech explain the dripping coolant if he was 100% sure there wasn't a leak? If there is coolant dripping at all, its dripping from somewhere. Leaks tend to get worse before they get better!

Old 05-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by oneformula
i get that.... but my company fires people for ranting online about the company. most companies do if they find out. how am i being a dick? i said no offense and that if i owned the dealer i would fire him. that is a fact- so what is the issue?
Okay kids, let's play nice together.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:36 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
It does not look like a problem. More like a mistake. I really don't think that you should have posted this until you figure out what is the deal. After all you are working for INFINITI so you should be protecting the brand and It looks like in this case your service department.

If you have not had this big of a problem before you replaced the hose then that would mean that hose might have being replace improperly. Maybe clamp was put all the way on the edge of the pipe and it cut the hose when it was tightened down.
So check the problem before you post negative stuff about your service department.
Maybe your service guys just plain simple hate you and "accidently" put a screw driver through your coolant box.

You don't need to be bashing your service dudes. Cuz it obvious that it's not an issue on the car. It's an issue with repair. We consumers are here to post **** like this to worn ppl not to use certain places for repairing their cars. But you actually work at that place and on top of all that you own a product you sell and represent. Why would you want to bite a hand that feeds you?

Figure out the problem first then vent properly.

Good luck.

Last edited by JOKER; 05-05-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by douglas555
Okay kids, let's play nice together.
i'm not calling anyone names...

Old 05-05-2007, 10:43 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
^don't lie
You called him names in your head

Old 05-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Just be glad that this was posted, it's not like anyone here is in his shoes. We are not the ethics police.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
i'm one of the top sales in the country for infiniti and I give my 0.02 on the forums with problems and also to the reps. feedback in general whether good or bad is always news. there's no such thing as a perfect vehicle out there. i hope everything works out well w/ the car.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm almost positive that after tech changed parts and refilled it there was air in the system. You gotta be realy carefull when you perform coolant flush, I overheated my bimmer in the past 2 times because of that procedure, thought bubbles were out but no boom temp went up. It has nothing to do with your car.
My 0.2 c

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well It Over Heated Again!!!!1