G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Weird issue, Nav screen, center console crash?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had the exact same thing happen twice within the first week or so I had my car but it's been a month since and it hasn't happened again '08 G35S with Nav. Let me know if they think they've fixed it and how...

Old 12-05-2007, 01:49 AM
Also had the same thing happen in the first week I had the car. Hasn't happened in the 2 months since.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:54 AM
I've only had my car for a little over a month, and I had the same issue once about 2 weeks ago. The center stack did nothing. After driving for about 5-10 minutes, it all came on and started working.

Haven't had it happen since, but if it does, I'm taking it to the shop.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:08 PM
I had the same issue, outside temperatue was about 29, the dash came back in 10 minutes of driving. havent yet taked to the dealer for a complaint, should I ?

Old 12-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone help me out please. I just turned on my car after school and the screen was stuck at the Infiniti Logo Welcome screen. Then I saw a message "HDD System Crash. Contact Dealer".. ..

Old 12-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by hullio
Someone help me out please. I just turned on my car after school and the screen was stuck at the Infiniti Logo Welcome screen. Then I saw a message "HDD System Crash. Contact Dealer".. ..
...your harddrive died. Get it replaced at the dealer.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:35 AM
This just happened to me this evening. I got in and started my car and the Nav screen stuck on the status screen. It said iPod Connected and Climate Control off. None of the buttons were responsive. The back-up camera didn't even work.

I turned the car off and on - didn't fix it. About 5 minutes later the Infiniti screen came up and he system turned back on.

This is really weird!

Old 12-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try taking out your CF card. I took mine out it now my G is good as new...weird?

Old 12-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Maybe it was my iPod???

Old 02-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Same exact thing as the OP described just happened to me on my 2-week old 2008 G35s 6MT. Makes me really paranoid when things like this happen, but hopefully that's the first and last time I experience it.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWizzard
Hey All,

I've had my 08 G35X for a couple of weeks now. Everything has been perfect...until this morning.

Hop in the car to head to work, everything is fine. Stop briefly to drop my dog off at daycare (no comments please ), hop back in the car. After starting the car, I notice the radio didn't come back on. I look at my nav screen, and It's almost completely blank. Basically, it looks like the status screen, but it's completely blank except for saying 'climate control off'. Actually, I could tell the heat was still on, though. No buttons anywhere in the center stack function, including all radio and climate buttons. Nothing in the center stack is lit up, either. No steering wheel controls worked, nor did touching the screen. Very strange.

So, I pulled over, turned off the car, turned it back on. Screen stayed black for an extended period, then went back to the same issues listed above.

I decided not to mess with it any more, and would deal with it, and call the service dept once I got into the office. About 10-15 minutes later, the radio turned back on, the nav/display boot screen comes on, and everything returns to normal for the rest of the drive in.

Just wondering if anyone has seen/had/heard about this issue before? I haven't had a chance to go back to the car since being at work, so I don't know if it's been remedied, or not. It seems to me like the nav computer recognized the issue, and rebooted itself. But I'm wondering why shutting off the car didn't reboot it the first time?

Anyway, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

C

Hate to bring an old thread up but the exact same thing that happened to the OP happened to me today. I was driving home from work and everything was fine. Stopped at Shell to refill and when i started the car, the screen was at the status screen but everything was blank. I tried to restart the car but now the whole screen was just black. I decided just to drive it home and about 10 minutes later the infiniti logo popped up and everything started working again. This is the one and only problem i have had so far and the car only has 1000 miles on it so hopefully it was a one time thing!

Old 07-21-2008, 01:07 PM
This just happened to me as well this weekend. Blank screen and a/c controls not working, as well. Turned it on and off several times, no effect.

After about 10 minutes, came on and all is fine. No re-occurance yet. But now I have squeak in the front left part of dash.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:32 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
sorry if i necro this, i am seeking answers/solution. this happened to me 2 days ago. one morning going to work, it worked just fine... hvac system and radio was working smoothly.. on my way home it is stuck on infiniti initialize screen. hvac and stereo is dead; no response from any buttons either. heat stuck on max.

anyone get a resolution to this issue? it may be coincidence but this happened when NJ temp shot down to 20-30's. unfortunately even after car warms up, its still dead.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:34 PM
This is a strange issue. I've had my 08 G35 since new, and this has happened maybe 5 times, but it's really annoying when it does happen. Seems to happen on cold, wet mornings, but not nearly every cold, wet morning. For me, after driving a little while, the display comes online, almost as if it has to warm up. Or, on other occasions, if I stop, turn off the car and then turn it back on, it goes away. But, like I said, it's been very rare. I mentioned it to the dealer during a service appointment once, but they had no idea what I was talking about.

Old 11-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
thx treacherous, i will check to see if i can initialize the diagnostic mode.

REPORTING IN...

diagnostic mode attempt failed. controls are unresponsive to radio diagnostic mode. started engine, hold "Settings" and turn dial clockwise and counterclock like crazy... nothing. screen still stuck on infiniti initialization screen. tried this with car ignition "ON" but engine not started. same procedure and nothing.

i think diagnostic mode is beyond what i can do with my car. first i cannot make sure audio system is off as controls are dead anyways and considering it is stuck on initialization screen i cannot confirm if audio is OFF or just on AUX(for my iphone). second the controls seem dead so i dont think it's even reading any input(in my opinion).

Last edited by mifesto; 11-19-2014 at 02:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weird issue, Nav screen, center console crash?