G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Seats in Sport package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
BTW... Rhode Island, huh?
You buying from Inskip Infiniti in Warwick?
I got mine at the same place.
There are other dealers around, but they have an awesome amount of cars to see in inventory, so you can really get an idea of what any color combination will look like.
Only thing that sucks is that they're like 90 minutes away from me.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
5'11'' & 165lbs & i love the seats. i usually drive with the bolsters open...but when i feel frisky i tighten them up and it feels great!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by stanfna
5'11'' & 165lbs & i love the seats. i usually drive with the bolsters open...but when i feel frisky i tighten them up and it feels great!!!
I took a few cars out with the sports seats and they just weren't for me. I have arthritus and I have to move around alot while I'm driving. I found them too confining for my use (and I should also mention I am not a skinny minny)

Old 01-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im a thin to average guy also and really liked the S model but like others the sport seats were a deal breaker. I could not sit in them comfortably without my wallet being pressed into my butt from the thigh bolsters. I went with the journey with the 18" wheel and tire package and am very happy.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
BTW... Rhode Island, huh?
You buying from Inskip Infiniti in Warwick?
I got mine at the same place.
There are other dealers around, but they have an awesome amount of cars to see in inventory, so you can really get an idea of what any color combination will look like.
Only thing that sucks is that they're like 90 minutes away from me.
Yeah, I am going to buy from Inskip. Every time I go over there, I love driving through the Bentley and Porshe lots. Why didnt you go to Herb Chambers Infiniti in Boston?

Does anyone have any more information on removing the metal plates from the thigh bolsters?

Last edited by jmanpatsfan; 01-06-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I find the Sport seat to be very comfortable, if you drive a Sport, then drive a Journey with the standard seats, you appreciate the grip of the Sport seats!

Old 01-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
I find the Sport seat to be very comfortable, if you drive a Sport, then drive a Journey with the standard seats, you appreciate the grip of the Sport seats!
I did .

Old 01-06-2008, 12:16 PM
I am not overweight (6'0'', 175), but I have previously had a 350Z, and the worst part about it was the seats. I dont know how similar the two seats are. But I had the 350z when I weighed 100 lbs more, so I may not have the same problem.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by jmanpatsfan
Yeah, I am going to buy from Inskip. Every time I go over there, I love driving through the Bentley and Porshe lots. Why didnt you go to Herb Chambers Infiniti in Boston?
Herb Chambers has lost my business... forever. LOL
I've had a few different experiences with them. When I'm out for a new set of wheels (which isn't too often), I really take my time and look at everything within my price range and see what fits me best.

With my car being an 07, and the wife's being an 06, I have about 3 years of car dealership visiting under my belt. 3 different Herb Chambers dealerships later, I'm done with them.

I'm still thinking about putting sport seats in my G35x.
On my next visit to the dealership, I'll check the seats in a sport out again.
I may be interesting in swapping with someone in the near future.
There are plenty of people out there with Sport seats, who are tired of them and are looking for base seats.
Mine are in absolutely perfect condition.
I think having a dealer swap the seats and splitting the cost even would be a pretty good deal for both parties involved.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
You Sir , are a big fellow, Sir.
lol yeah thats me! you should have seen me in my old cage'd up racecar, kinda funny lookin watching me get out

Old 01-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
I agree with this. I flop around way too much in my Journey seats. The side bolsters on the Sport feel great. I just wish the thigh bolsters on the sport weren't so narrow.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jmanpatsfan
Does anyone have any more information on removing the metal plates from the thigh bolsters?
Here's the thread on the G37 forum:

http://myg37.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175845

Basically, you just need to find a good auto upholstery shop. They'll know how to take the cover off the bottom cushion to cut off the metal plates.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm 5'10" and 190 lbs, and I absolutely love my Sport seats. I was a little worried about it on my first test drive, but later realized that the side bolsters are electronically adjustable. I think the bottom line here is that some of us love them and some don't, it's really your personal call as to whether or not they will work for you.

I'm also just now starting to get used to using my paddle shifters more regularly and am hooked on them as well. I can't wait for some nicer weather in the northwest so that I can really drive this thing on some windy roads without worrying as much about losing control of my 306 ponies.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AlterZgo
I agree with this. I flop around way too much in my Journey seats. The side bolsters on the Sport feel great. I just wish the thigh bolsters on the sport weren't so narrow.
Yep, that's why I like them, I usually have the seat bolster wide, but the back bolster snug, gives some nice back support along with the adjustable lumbar, makes this seat a dream! I hated the lumbar on my '05, it was either up or down, not much in between!
Oh, and I don't think there is a piece of metal involved, it's like a balloon in there that tightens and loosens the bolster.

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 01-06-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:22 PM
have fun sliding around in the non sport seats but if you aren't going to be playing around in your car, then don't get the sport. even if you think the sport seats are uncomfortable, they are very functional in holding you in place and not sliding around. i played around in a non-sport model and hated trying to hold myself in place as i made aggressive turns

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seats in Sport package