G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Accident Avoidance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accident Avoidance

So today during my normal commute to work, I was approaching the freeway offramp when some impatient **ck decided not to be stuck in his slow moving lane and try to use part of the offramp to try to cut people off. In the process, I anticipated that he was going to do it and when he did, I was able to swerve out of the way into the far right lane and safely back into the offramp. I just want to say... this car's handling is A M A Z I N G. Not only was I thankful I was safe, I was thanking the engineers who designed the suspension and steering on this G. God I love this car. Anyone else had close calls and fell in love with their car even more afterwards?

Old 02-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by d12a60n
So today during my normal commute to work, I was approaching the freeway offramp when some impatient **ck decided not to be stuck in his slow moving lane and try to use part of the offramp to try to cut people off. In the process, I anticipated that he was going to do it and when he did, I was able to swerve out of the way into the far right lane and safely back into the offramp. I just want to say... this car's handling is A M A Z I N G. Not only was I thankful I was safe, I was thanking the engineers who designed the suspension and steering on this G. God I love this car. Anyone else had close calls and fell in love with their car even more afterwards?
Yes! Especially the brakes.

I would've been in at least 15 fatal accidents if the brakes weren't as great as the ones on the G. I also like the heavy steering, believe it or not. My sisters C class is way too flimsy. I couldn't stay in between the lines on the offramp once.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:29 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
BTW, I'm glad you and your car isn't hurt.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:25 AM
. . . this car's handling is A M A Z I N G. Not only was I thankful I was safe, I was thanking the engineers who designed the suspension and steering on this G. . . . Anyone else had close calls and fell in love with their car even more afterwards?
I know what you mean. As I was crossing an intersection last week, someone ran a red light and was coming right at me, t-bone style. I was able to accelerate and swerve, just clearing him and the intersection. My G didn't even stumble. Emergency control is excellent.

--Rich

Old 02-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the handling has saved my life in this car a few times.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:49 PM
I agree that the handling is fantastic. Too bad it can't magically jump out of the way when at a standstill and surrounded by traffic! I was stopped in stop-and-go traffic last week when some chick rear-ended me because she was talking on her friggin' cell phone! I've only had my G for 5 weeks! ARRRRGGHH

Old 02-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by bigern79
I agree that the handling is fantastic. Too bad it can't magically jump out of the way when at a standstill and surrounded by traffic! I was stopped in stop-and-go traffic last week when some chick rear-ended me because she was talking on her friggin' cell phone! I've only had my G for 5 weeks! ARRRRGGHH
Sorry to hear your brand new G got hit. In 36 years of driving, I have only been in two accidents. Both times I was stopped at a traffic light and some idiot ran into me. Once from the back, and believe it or not, once from the front. The guy in front of me just threw it in reverse and floored it. Made a real mess of my Z.

I feel your pain!

Old 02-08-2008, 03:15 PM
I sympathize. When I had my Lexus GS300 and it was 3 days old, some lady ran into me, damaging my rear bumper about $900 worth. I asked her what she was thinking, and she said that most people didn't actually stop at the red light I'd stopped at.

--Rich

Old 02-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I consistently make this point:

Contrary to popular belief, a quick and agile car is always safer if driven by a responsible driver.

Fast cars always get a bad rap cause idiots abuse the power in their vehicles and drive recklessly.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
yea the brakes are good but so much dam brake dust!! i hate cleaning that shiet

Old 02-10-2008, 06:44 PM
^ I'd have to say that people who are at fault in accidents like these while talking on the phone should be penalized even more for being so irresponsible. I say it counts as a double negative on their driving record and license suspended for a few months. Otherwise, there's really no consequence for these stupid people to be doing the same thing over and over again.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:38 PM
^ I'd have to say that people who are at fault in accidents like these while talking on the phone should be penalized even more for being so irresponsible. I say it counts as a double negative on their driving record and license suspended for a few months. Otherwise, there's really no consequence for these stupid people to be doing the same thing over and over again.
Agreed. And since I'm already beeyotching about stupid people, I thought I'd share with everyone that an hour ago my car got hit again. This time by someone opening their door in a parking lot and giving me a nice door ding, as well as scuffing up my side mirror. I usually go out of my way to park in the boonies away from everyone, but apparently that doesn't matter with my luck.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Agreed Whole-heartedly.... Only thing worse than stupid drivers talking on cell phones while driving, ususally with tremendous arrogance, is those that drive SUVs doing the same thing. In the northeast, where the weather can get pretty nasty, people who have SUVs like to drive them like "Cowboys". The more treachorousthe weather, the more Cowboyesque they become. Nothing's going to stop ME is they way they like to drive and hog the road. And when they talk on cell phones,particularly in parking lots, (Afterall: You NEED a Gas-guzzling Land Rover, Escalade, or Navigator to drive to the local Supermarket, Right !!!), it drives me crazy. Now, now, no Road rage..... And I have a 2001 Pathy LE 4WD - but I don't drive it inconsiderate of other drivers on the road. Nor do I drive it while talking on cell phones. I advocate that to my son at UMASS, "It's Not a Sports Car". You can have 20 Wheel Drive, You won't stop any sooner....Anyway, just venting on a pet peeve. I too am driving for over 38 years. Oh Yeah.... Love the "G" 2007, G35X, Black Beauty, Grey leateher, Premium Package.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
FACT,
SUVs have the highest crash rate during snow storms. Why?, because people forget that 4WD and big tires will not stop you any better then a 2 wheel drive car in the snow.
you can find that fact numerous places online.

i love idiots, they give me some thing to laugh at and and also a reason to feel good about me self.