G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G35 tips you probably don't know :D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm told that if you hold the key FOB to the bottom of your chin and hold it there while you lock, unlock, etc...you get much father range to open and arm/disarm your car.

Yet unproven.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by glocker99
I'm told that if you hold the key FOB to the bottom of your chin and hold it there while you lock, unlock, etc...you get much father range to open and arm/disarm your car.

Yet unproven.
Did the guy who told you that have a steel plate in his head?

Old 07-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by dmkhnr
I didn't realize there was a DS mode until I had about 5k miles on the car. Always thought it was D, or maunual shift.
I'm glad I spent some time reading this today. I have had my car for about 2k miles, but hadn't realized this either.

Man, was that one fun drive home from work today in DS! In fact, it was so much fun that I had to take a spirited joy-drive tonight! Im stoked. Thanks!

Old 07-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by glocker99

Yet unproven.
This one is true, although I usually hold it to the side of my head. Tumor-inducement unknown...

Old 07-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by dmkhnr
You can also set the light sensitivity for when the auto headlights turn on.
how the hell do u do that?

Old 07-23-2008, 05:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ It's in the settings. Under comfort/convenience I think.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:04 AM
i got one i found this morning....

I know people are gonna look at me like an idiot cuz ive onwed the car for over 1 1/2 years but here it goes...

For those who have Navi the "where am i" feature is awesome. Tells you the next street coming up...the current street you are on...and the street you just passed...it also tells you how far away you are from each.

that is all

Old 07-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a handle inside the trunk lid on the right you can use to shut it without leaving finger prints/scratches on your paint.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:50 PM
You can link an Intelligent key to a stored memory...
Here is how:
Adjust the seat, mirrors, steering etc like you normally do..and then press the set switch and then the memory button you want....once the Indicator light on the memory is lit up...press the unlock button on the Ikey....
you are all set!

Old 07-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Question about gas milage reading on the odometer gauge. I reset the gas mileage reading on the screen and it works fine but the one on the gauge doesn't want to reset. Anyone knows how to reset it on the odometer gauge?

Old 07-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Question about gas milage reading on the odometer gauge. I reset the gas mileage reading on the screen and it works fine but the one on the gauge doesn't want to reset. Anyone knows how to reset it on the odometer gauge?
when it's displayed press & hold the bottom button (the one with the dot, below the display selection button)
clear as mud?

Old 07-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
You can choose between ICC and regular cruise control by pressing and holding the cruise control button for a couple of seconds. (Note to self, stop skimming through the manual and just read each paragraph!).

... and oh, the gas cap is on the passenger side.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:11 PM
There is a small button on the left of the steering wheel column that says "Trip A/B Reset"...Hold on to this for a couple of seconds and it will reset the Trip computer.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by Robizzle
It's impossible to lock your keys inside the trunk.
I, unfortunately, proved this to be untrue. Til this day, I'm still not sure what I may have done or what happened. I've been unable to duplicate it. I was in Tulsa visiting my parents & showing off my new car to them. I bragged about the iKey's features. Keys get tossed into the trunk & then ... nothing! I had to call Roadside Asst. Then I'm told, regarding the 07 G sedan, merely unlocking the doors won't help. When keys are locked in trunk, the button to unlock the trunk from within the car is disabled. Roadside told me that I would have to have it towed to the nearest dealership to get a new key cut. But it was a Sunday! I decided to have them come pry my locks open as I always keep the trunk pass-thru unlocked.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by longbutthair
Then I'm told, regarding the 07 G sedan, merely unlocking the doors won't help. When keys are locked in trunk, the button to unlock the trunk from within the car is disabled.
That wasn't the case with my '07. When I first found out about the "can't lock your key in the trunk" bit, I tried it. But just to be safe I left the car doors unlocked. I tossed the key in, and closed the trunk and it didn't pop back open.

Popped the trunk from inside the car, did it again, crap, it didn't work

I finally went and got my second key fob as a a standby just in case and locked all the doors and tossed the key in and it worked. Beeped and popped back up.

I suppose if you had to force the door open though, maybe the trunk open is disabled if the doors aren't unlocked properly, but just having the key in the trunk didn't prevent me from opening the trunk.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 tips you probably don't know :D