G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Scratches in the interior

Old 09-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scratches in the interior

Has anyone experienced having scratches on the the plastic in the interior? I have scratches on the interior door handle and on the bezzel on the the steering wheel. Does infiniti cover this on the warrenty? Or does anyone now how to fix this problem?

Old 09-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
just went to infiniti 2 days ago installed new door trim and new steering wheel at no cost. The dealership that i went to tried to get money out of it but i just kept saying it is obviously a defect and they ended up doing all of it for free.....

Old 09-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Some people have gotten lucky with the dealer agreeing to repair/replace interior items that have scratched, but I still don't understand why people feel that Infiniti should replace items that the owner has damaged.
My car has close to 50K on it and it's 100% scratch free, inside and out.
It's not that easy to scratch. Certainly not enough to warrant warranty action.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
I agree with that, but if you're buying a cpo'd car I would say it's a valid argument to have them replaced.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
scratches are normal wear and tear, warranty usually wont cover stuff like that. You just need to be more delicate.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I have deep scratches in places where I do not use (like the little place in the door panels) and scratches in my steering wheel near the radio buttons but not just scratches... the paint has just flaked off.

I also have scratches on my shifter but that is from my rings so I am not worried about those.

I dont think I should be responsible for the places I dont even use that get scratched and paint that just flakes off.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:49 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pinkii
I have deep scratches in places where I do not use (like the little place in the door panels) and scratches in my steering wheel near the radio buttons but not just scratches... the paint has just flaked off.

I also have scratches on my shifter but that is from my rings so I am not worried about those.

I dont think I should be responsible for the places I dont even use that get scratched and paint that just flakes off.
If you don't use those areas how did they get scratched? Are you sure they are scratches?

On my 08 it is the piping on the drivers seat that is wearing faster than normal. On both outside boasters on the seats they are wrinkled. Now for the drivers side I could possibly understand it except it seems awful early at about 13 K when I first noticed it. I state on the drivers side I could understand it, on the passenger side it is the same and that side is rarely used.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:47 AM
I put my phone in my door handle and it chipped the paint away from the vibrating. Everything else is fine but my driver side door handle has little tiny scratches, Don't know from what my keys are always in my pocket. Maybe from my finger nails??

Old 10-03-2009, 01:39 PM
the car scratches way too easily. I have neither rings, nor long fingernails, nor do I store my keys anywhere other than my pocket.. and the interior trim of my car is DESTROYED in parts - the aluminum trim on the shifter, the door-handle, and the steering wheel.

Old 10-03-2009, 02:24 PM
The interior does scratch way to easy. Its not that its a scratch, the color peels off. I have black interior and it looked horrible. Thursday I had the dealership replace all 4 door handle and have the piece for the steering wheel on order. You should get them replaced under warranty and if you have an
'07 and they give you any crap, just say If it wasn't a problem then why did they change the material for the '08's. Good luck

Old 10-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeap and Infiniti knows they are responsible for these scratches since they changed out some of the matterials in 08. This is a hit and miss just like the grill pitting. Some people were lucky some not. That's why I was shocked when the dealer told me it is kind of drivers fault after 2 k miles I had like 2000 chips on my grill. Nothing on the paint(that is something since Infiniti paint get scrathed really easy) and nothing on the Infiniti logo in the middle of the grill with the same material. I guess the rocks were magnetized to my grill only. LOL Infiniti and their cheap material. Oh well time to think about buying something different. I have to find a better dealer. MB maybe Audi?

Old 10-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have an appointment this Friday about the handles and steering wheel. I sur hope they don't give me grief about it. Mine started peeling the first month I got it, but I didn't know it would look this bad. It is jus an eye sore and obviously a material that should not have been used. I'll post what they say or do Friday night.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Out of curiousity, can the trim piece on the steering wheel be changed out or does a new steering wheel have to be installed? Mine is scratched up too.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by baileyt35
I have an appointment this Friday about the handles and steering wheel. I sur hope they don't give me grief about it. Mine started peeling the first month I got it, but I didn't know it would look this bad. It is jus an eye sore and obviously a material that should not have been used. I'll post what they say or do Friday night.
Where are you going, infiniti in orlando? just curious cause i was about to make an appt. also but i will wait to see what you have to say that said on friday? even if its not orlando ill still am just curious what they said.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
[QUOTE=ARoss;4608011]Out of curiousity, can the trim piece on the steering wheel be changed out or does a new steering wheel have to be installed? Mine is scratched up too.[/QUOTE

i took it to a bodyshop and they said it is not a piece that can be removed. they said it would require a new steering wheel. I will let everyone know what my stealership says on Friday. I'm sure they will try to get around covering it but we'll see.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Scratches in the interior