G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

A/C Fan not blowing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 11:39 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Thank you. That link's application list stops at model year 2007. Do the 2007-08 sedans use the same ones?.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's a great question I tried to do a little research and came up empty..they all end on 2007 models..I would open it up ad check to see the type of relay it is...I'm sure it's the same but not 100%

Old 08-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by ACE420
That's a great question I tried to do a little research and came up empty..they all end on 2007 models..I would open it up ad check to see the type of relay it is...I'm sure it's the same but not 100%
All my research showed the same. I emailed a couple companies so Ill update if I get an answer.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:04 AM
Well I looked up g37 fan relay motors and it pictures the same exact blue little blocks as the g35s have..so I'm guessing they are the same

Old 08-22-2014, 12:10 AM
Me too, but Ill await confirmation from the companies I emailed.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It turns out I was unsuccessful using that little blue relay, previously. But, I tried the wrong location, I believe. I need to unscrew the fuse box by driver's left foot to check that location, per a previous response on this thread. If that isn't it, I've heard the fan motor is behind the glove box (also from another responder on this thread). If I get either of those two to work, I'll post back here.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:56 PM
I did the same mistake as you lol trust me go to the foot well fuse box and take off the wall right there it's just held on by clips. And unscrew the actual fuse box and behind it there's 2 blue fuse boxes try both of them though! Don't make my mistake where I just tried one and replaced it all back together

Old 11-24-2014, 08:44 AM
This weekend, I was able to open that fuse panel, pull off the 1'x1' body panel section to expose the area better, and unbolt the fuse panel. It was still connected by several cables, so it was difficult to turn over, but I found FOUR blue relays! The only one I could easily reach was the bottom one, which I changed out. I started the car, the heavens opened, and the AC blower kicked on! Thanks for the advice on this. I'm sure it saved me hundreds.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:09 AM
I'm glad you got it all fixed man! And now you know for next time to check the little things first before going to mechanics it's always worth a shot as you can see now

Old 05-01-2015, 12:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, it's the relay

I recognize that this is an old post but I experienced exactly what you guys experienced: the cabin fan doesn't come on immediately when you turn it on. I always start the fan or AC when I start my car. In the morning it would take about 10-20 min of driving before the fan starts. In the afternoon when I get off work it takes about a few seconds to a few minutes. Seems like temperature has something to do with it.

After doing some research it appears the problem is with the relay, particularly the cabin fan relay with PN 25230-79942. I ordered the part from Amazon (genuine Nissan part) and wanted to swap it myself. I decided against doing it myself and to let the dealer do it.

I took it to the dealer and described the problem and wanted them to do a proper diagnosis instead of me telling them what to do. So I gave them the relay and told them to use it if the problem truly was the relay. They did the testing and found that indeed the relay had gone bad. So I ended up paying for one hour of labor which came out to $120. Not too terrible. And I saved a few bucks buying the part from Amazon.

I just wanted to share my story, and maybe someone could find it useful.

The following users liked this post:
vqsmile (05-01-2015)
Old 07-13-2015, 06:12 PM
Just fixed my a/c fan problem in my 06 G35 and thought I would share what I found. Fan would not come on right away and usually took 10 minutes of driving to finally come on, (if it came on at all). My problem was my fan relay. Many threads said it could be found just next to the fuse panel. When no relays were visible, I learned that my fan relay is on the back side of the fuse panel, which means you must unbolt the fuse panel to get to it, (two blue relays on back and the fan relay is closest to firewall). Here is a quick test that may help you troubleshoot the problem. Take fuse panel cover off, put fan on highest setting and turn on ignition. If fan is not running, take the back end of a screwdriver and tap the fuse box area. The relay may chatter enough to activate and fan will start,(though it may not stay running, it may make enough contact to start momentarily). Worked almost every time I tried it. OReilly's had a replacement relay # 25-0347. A/C fan works like a champ. Hope this helps.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Relays are known to be one issue for these cars. I replaced my relay and still had problems. Both times my compressor was replaced, i had the relays inspected and tested. My issue may be the rarity but it definitely seems like a mechanical/part issue rather than electronics or relay.

Old 10-15-2016, 06:08 PM
hello

brand new member here, desperate to resolve the same issue for the same vehicle.

I found the fuse box in the cabin, but am unable to locate exactly where this relay is. could you please try explaining it in detail? Im having a very hard time finding it.

based on your description, it sounds like its in the same place as the coupe of the same year. but again, i am having a very hard tiem finding it

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Old 10-24-2016, 04:54 PM
I may be being lazy but does anyone have a link to where to buy the relay? I have exactly the same problem and seems like that would be the place to start.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:49 PM
Fixed!!!

I replaced the relay and the AC and heater are working perfectly!!! Genius fix whoever figured this one out. I saved a HUGE amount of money by fixing this one myself.
Easy to replace.
1. Remove cover to fuse box right beside drivers left foot
2. Remove panel around where that cover was (remove bolt-like attachment on front of panel and the rest just pulls off)
3. Remove 2 bolts holding fuse box
4. On back side of fusebox replace bottom relay (looks like little blue box - I bought one on RockAuto - about $30 - searched for blower relay)
5. Put everything back together

Hope that is helpful to anyone.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A/C Fan not blowing