G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Connecting Android phone to 2008 G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connecting Android phone to 2008 G35?

I have been using a iPhone for years, connecting to the stock cable and playing through the audio system of the G35. I am replacing the iPhone with a HTC Thunderbolt (Verizon) and was wondering if its possible to connect the Android phone and play through the car's audio system? Is there some sort of adaptor to connect the phone to the stock cable? It would be great if the phone could charge through the connection, but even simply playing music would be great.

I also have an older iPod touch so I can always go that route, but hopefully someone else has already made the switch and can give me pointers.

If this is the wrong forum, my apologies and please reroute it/me to the correct one. Thanks i advance!

Old 05-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
Your best bet is a components to a 3.5mm connection. I have yet to see a component to micro USB.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If you have a premium package with the Flash drive, you most likely have A2DP stereo streaming functionality built into your car. Just press the Aux button and search for Bluetooth phone. this way all you will have to do is walk into your car and automatically stream music through your car stereo. I have an 07g so unfortunately I don't have that capability built in, but I bought an aftermarket bt adapter that does this for me. It works awesome, and I use it quite often.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:08 PM
I have a Samsung GalaxyS - Epic4g(android) First thing I did when I got my car was buy some composite cables for music. It works just fine but my questions is if it's possible to display the video on my phone to the screen that way I don't have to go into my phone to change songs. It's very annoying >.< but at least I got music

Old 05-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Afaik, the only way to display anything on the screen is if the car is in park w/ parking brake applied.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Tomek
If you have a premium package with the Flash drive, you most likely have A2DP stereo streaming functionality built into your car. Just press the Aux button and search for Bluetooth phone. this way all you will have to do is walk into your car and automatically stream music through your car stereo. I have an 07g so unfortunately I don't have that capability built in, but I bought an aftermarket bt adapter that does this for me. It works awesome, and I use it quite often.
Ive got a 08G35s w/nav and I don't have that on mine!

Old 06-03-2011, 06:52 PM
How did you do it? I have a 08 G35 with nav and flash reader but having no such luck

Old 06-04-2011, 12:24 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have NOT heard of this before.... what models did they start with this??

Old 06-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I do not believe that is an actual option.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
didnt work had never heard of this either..

Old 10-22-2014, 09:41 AM
What after market bt adaptor did u buy I have the same problem? I have 2007 g35s and an android phone

Old 10-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
There is no a2dp on 08-09 models. I stream audio through kinivo bluetooth adapter. You will need a 3.5 plug to rca adapter into the connections in the glovebox. It's all on Amazon for less than $40. The sound quality is better than the factory iphone cable and the phone calls come though the factory bluetooth. Everything is plug and play and is contained completely in the glovebox. You can't use the steering wheel controls for choosing music, but I use Siri to select music.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by speedracerg35
There is no a2dp on 08-09 models. I stream audio through kinivo bluetooth adapter. You will need a 3.5 plug to rca adapter into the connections in the glovebox. It's all on Amazon for less than $40. The sound quality is better than the factory iphone cable and the phone calls come though the factory bluetooth. Everything is plug and play and is contained completely in the glovebox. You can't use the steering wheel controls for choosing music, but I use Siri to select music.
Would you mind providing a link? I tried looking and the ones I found also has a speaker/mic for hands free calling. I been wanting to find a solution where I can stream music only and use the default hands free bluetooth in the car.. EDIT: and one that does not use battery but can use the power source within the car.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by mrclowny
Would you mind providing a link? I tried looking and the ones I found also has a speaker/mic for hands free calling. I been wanting to find a solution where I can stream music only and use the default hands free bluetooth in the car.. EDIT: and one that does not use battery but can use the power source within the car.
Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX

2 x RCA Male, 1 x 3.5mm Stereo Female, Y-Cable 6-Inch

Plugs into power source in glove box.

Amazon mobile app doesn't let me copy the link. Copy and paste into Amazon search.

Edit: I don't use the kinivo button unit. I keep it all in the glovebox and use Siri or car voice command. i have an iPhone 5s that automatically defaults to the car's bluetooth for phone calls. I don't know if this is true for android phones.

Last edited by speedracerg35; 10-22-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:47 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^Thank you for the info! I'll give it a try and report back using an Android Phone!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Connecting Android phone to 2008 G35?