G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Just an overview of thoughts..60k maintenance, stillen gen 3, and possible UD pulley.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 04:18 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Just an overview of thoughts..60k maintenance, stillen gen 3, and possible UD pulley.

Hi guys!
so it has been almost a month with the stillen gen 3 CAI and have had no issues yet except some vibration noises that I hear when I start rolling out of a standstill. I figure I would just place a rubber piece under the intake pipe. To get to the point I've done a little bit of my research on the 60k maintenance that Infiniti recommends and am having a family friend do what's needed at his shop. I just ordered the drivebelt from an infiniti dealer on ebay just because I can't find time to leave work. I'm going to pretty much have all the liquids flushed out and replaced... Tonight I started looking into purchasing a stillen UD pulley and started to wonder if I could use the new OEM drivebelt that I just ordered for the aftermarket part. I figured if the drivebelts are going to be replaced why not have the guy add this mod too. I was all excited until I ran upon some older threads about possible issues some fellow infiniti owners may or many not have experienced with the underprive pulley. Although I did learn some new things from the threads it didn't seem evident enough to blame the issues on the pulley. After all, it is evident that once you start adding mod's to your car the dealership will have an extra reason or two to blame it on your end for the aftermarket parts.
I guess I'm just trying to hear more feedback on this mod and how long have some of you been driving with it. It's funny how these dealers will blame any issue on the aftermarket parts but will promote the installation of a pulley for HP gains. What do you think? should I do it?
As far as the CAI is concerned sound is awesome and I have noticed increase in power and it's not a mental statement lol. A few weeks ago we had a horrible storm here in the DFW area and I got splashed pretty bad by two drivers to my left and right side, but no sign of hydrolock etc. ... Took the ride into the dealership and got the shift assembly replaced for free with my warranty out, due to the vehicle not going into DS or manual mode. Still wanting to do the grounding kit too but honest to GOD I haven't had time to breathe. I have took pics of the ride which I will post tomorrow for sure! plus I just noticed my Infiniti emblem is not on my engine cover anymore lol no clue how happened maybe that's a sign of increased power from the gen 3's.
SORRY TO TAKE UP YOUR TIME!

Old 06-09-2011, 04:47 AM
BTW guys some of the pics I took are after a carwash... and I ended up using Meguiar's ultimate compound which worked pretty well for minor scratches... and I finished it off with the Meguiars NXT wax. Both help in removing hard water spots and smoothing out the finish. The pics are being uploaded to photobucket as we speak.
Hope y'all like it and found it helpful.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:47 AM

Last edited by G3065; 06-09-2011 at 04:59 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:01 AM
and the pics of the headlights are with the 8000k D2S that I am testing out for now.