G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

question between Ipod cables on 08

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
question between Ipod cables on 08

I bought the specific cable for the 08 to hook up my ipod/iphone for my 08. The play lists seem to randomly appear but most of the time it seems the cable doesn't recognize my connection. I bought the cable from the dealer.

My question is would the composite cable from Apple be a better connection over the cable from the dealer? I thought I read a post someone said the composite connection sounded much better than the dealer cable as well, but now cannot find that post. I like the idea the dealer cable is shorter, but it just doesn't seem to connect very well. Not sure which Ipod I have but it is a touch about 3 years old and also my newer Iphone4.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry I don't have any info on the composite connection, but my stock 08 cable works just fine with my iphone4 and my old iphone 3G. It doesn't charge the phone but I think it sounds good and I don't have the playlist problem.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
I had the Nissan ipod adapter installed in my 07 so I think it should be comparable enough for me to give my opinion.
When I used an Apple iPod RCA cable the sound was much more full and louder with less volume adjustment required, than if I used the iPod adapter from Nissan.
The differences, as you are aware are that with the RCA you need to control music through the iPod and it won't keep the iPod charged. The integrated adapter you can control everything using the car controls.
Trade one for the other.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
no, the cable supplied through nissan/infiniti that connects to the ipod dock will give you the best signal.
you may want to try a new cable, i don't believe they are too expensive through ebay or other sites, but the line level output from the ipod dock connector will give you a better audio signal than the headphone jack. The headphone jack through RCA cables may sound louder (if you crank the ipod's volume out), but technically, the audio quality will be better through the dock and cable.

link
"The difference between the two here is that the line-level’s signal is noise-free and clean because it doesn’t pass through the iPod’s crappy amplifier. That crappy amplifier adds unsavory extras (especially at higher volumes) instead of allowing the music to come across flat and true to the recording. That’s why it’s best for music not to have to go through it."

Old 09-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
In my case I wasn't (temporarily) using the Apple iPod cable for the headphone jack...it was the one that connects to the bottom of the iPod.
Like this:

Attached Thumbnails question between Ipod cables on 08-ipod-rca.jpg