G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Where to buy the OEM Infiniti red "S" emblem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ I agree, do as you please! i saw one on ebay for about $12 but it was from outside the US so it would take a while to come and not sure about the quality...

Old 07-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
C'mon guys, give the guy a break. After all, think about what the '07's were originally sold as..

"Journey with Sport Package"

Deep inside, we're all journeys.

Not the 6MT

The following users liked this post:
kool_yaar (07-27-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Not the 6MT
/kid

Oh yeah! Well i'm bigger than you. So, there.

/endkid

The following 2 users liked this post by soundmike:
kool_yaar (07-27-2012), vqsmile (07-27-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Phalanx
I hit a pole and left some damage on my front bumper. Recently I got a good deal on sport bumper with matched paint so I'm changing the front bumper from non-sport to sport and I have always been running on 18" wheels. I just want to add the "S" to complete the look of the car.
As for the paddle shifter, I'm never a fan of those. I'm comfortable with my seat and will not change to sport seat even at free cost. Sport metal pedals look good, I might do the swap as well. LSD sounds good but I'm not a track driving person so it doesn't help much but burn a hole in my pocket so it's a no no.
After all, I want the S just for a better look not to claim my journey is a sport in any meaning and to me, sport G35/G37 are not different much from journey in performance and value aspects.
Understandable... I would do that too given the circumstance or debadge... you can buy them on ebay, amazon... not a hard to find item. good luck!

Old 07-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
IMO the S only belongs on a "true" S, sure it looks cool and those that aren't up on Infinitis won't give it a second thought, but you WILL get knocked down a few pegs if you happen to stumble into a group of true Infiniti fans, and it probably will happen. I'd just do the best you can w/ your Journey and mod it the way you like, and if your bankroll permits make it better than an S
No need to portray your G as something it isn't, it's still a bad as$ ride all the way!

Old 07-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ I agree, do as you please! i saw one on ebay for about $12 but it was from outside the US so it would take a while to come and not sure about the quality...
I posted this thread to ask for answers but there are fewer answers than questions and objections.

Anyways, KoolYa, did you see something like this on ebay?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tuning-S-Log...f8e9f2&vxp=mtr

If that is what you saw, I already contacted the seller and they said that it is not the S emblem for Infiniti but an aftermarket one. I asked them to show me the actual picture of the item but they said they don't have one

To the guys that think I am a poser, I would have gone for the whole G37S badge on ebay for $27 instead of looking around and found the S emblem for $25. Now, can you tell of a sport G35/G37 running on the street is a real sport one? I bet you cannot.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:57 PM

.. Now, can you tell of a sport G35/G37 running on the street is a real sport one? I bet you cannot.
What do your side skirts look like?

Old 07-28-2012, 02:24 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
I posted this thread to ask for answers but there are fewer answers than questions and objections.

Anyways, KoolYa, did you see something like this on ebay?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tuning-S-Log...f8e9f2&vxp=mtr
Yup thats the one i was talking about and expected the quality to be on the lower end, and if they dont have the actual pics of it then i can only imagine what the quality will be like.

It seems as if you can buy the entire 'G35 S' emblem for $25 shipped from ebay and then you can try and sell the remaining new 'G35' on the forums for around ~$15 and someone might just pick it up

Dont take the objections personally i dont think anyone here is trying to be attacking, instead they are just voicing their opinions and letting you know that infiniti enthusiasts will know the difference(and they are correct) which is what forums are for and not everyone will agree with what you like. I personally think the difference in models is not grave enough for it to be an issue, its not like your slapping on a 'SS' badge on a regular chevy

At the end of the day its your money and your satisfaction that you need to look out for, i say do it!

Old 07-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Recently I got a good deal on sport bumper with matched paint so I'm changing the front bumper from non-sport to sport and I have always been running on 18" wheels. I just want to add the "S" to complete the look of the car.
As for the paddle shifter, I'm never a fan of those. I'm comfortable with my seat and will not change to sport seat even at free cost. Sport metal pedals look good, I might do the swap as well. LSD sounds good but I'm not a track driving person so it doesn't help much but burn a hole in my pocket so it's a no no.
After all, I want the S just for a better look not to claim my journey is a sport in any meaning and to me, sport G35/G37 are not different much from journey in performance and value aspects.
You still need the side skirts to complete your "Sports package" deal.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I am wondering if my 2007 is a true "sport". It did not come with the "s" emblem but every time I buy parts or when I had to buy the offset tire sizes between the front and back they said it was a sport model. Hmmmmmm?

Old 07-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Bimmer1
Now I am wondering if my 2007 is a true "sport". It did not come with the "s" emblem but every time I buy parts or when I had to buy the offset tire sizes between the front and back they said it was a sport model. Hmmmmmm?
There was a Sport Wheel and Tire option which included just those.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So mine is just a Journey with a sport tire, wheel, and brakes upgrade. I just purchased my 2007 and a 2004 sedan as well. My 07 wasn't advertised as a sport but I ran into issues when I went to get tires and discovered inside the drivers door that it was labeled for two different sizes between the front and back. And they replaced the rear brake pads with the sport pads.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
So mine is just a Journey with a sport tire, wheel, and brakes upgrade. I just purchased my 2007 and a 2004 sedan as well. My 07 wasn't advertised as a sport but I ran into issues when I went to get tires and discovered inside the drivers door that it was labeled for two different sizes between the front and back. And they replaced the rear brake pads with the sport pads.
My 07 non-sport Journey had the staggered 18" split spoke wheels w/ Potenzas. Not sure if the brake pads are the same between models, I know the rotors are bigger on the S. Do you have stainless pedal covers, paddle shifters, sport bumper, and those side skirts? If not then probably just the wheel upgrade.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Nope, there was no brake upgrade available as a factory option; either you had a full Sport model with sport brakes or you didn't. The Performance Tire and Wheel package was available as an option on the Journey models, but it definitely DID NOT include brakes. Your rear rotors are 12.1" diameter, whereas the Sport rears are 13.0" diameter, and even though they may share the same pads, they are not Sport brakes.

reference:
http://infinitihelp.com/models/2007/...ifications.php

Last edited by vqsmile; 07-29-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:41 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods

To the guys that think I am a poser, I would have gone for the whole G37S badge on ebay for $27 instead of looking around and found the S emblem for $25. Now, can you tell of a sport G35/G37 running on the street is a real sport one? I bet you cannot.
If you badge your car as a sport model when it isn't you're a poser, plain and simple. Don't do it please.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where to buy the OEM Infiniti red "S" emblem?