G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Older Ipod only for factory interface?

Old 01-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Older Ipod only for factory interface?

I installed the factory interface in my g35 but my 6th Gen Nano will not charged when hooked up. Do I need an older ipod for this to work correctly and charge while it's in the trunk where it hooks to the interface box?

Old 01-07-2014, 12:38 AM
same issue here. ive actually been thinking of maybe going to a shop and seeing if they can change either the input thats in the center console or the stupid sd card slot with a USB port

Old 01-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
the current iPod Classic should charge. I bought one three years back (160GB classic model hasn't changed for years AFAIK) and it charges in my 2008 g35x with the factory cable. I only remove the iPod when I want to sync.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:40 AM
I figured that is why I was having trouble being able to actually pull up the the playlist or artist because of the newer iPod connector configuration.Only could search through playlist playing. When I saw it wasn't charging and checked the thread (nemorus times) and seen a newer iPod classic they had hooked up in the install, it lead me to that conclusion. So fingers crossed if I buy one off ebay, everything will work like it's supposed to.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The 30 pin connector for the 07-08 V36 is the oldest ipod interface (2g) outputting 12v. The accepted voltage for newer 30 pin idevices was dropped to 5v. That means it will not charge newer idevices or bluetooth adapters because they are 5v.

They make an adapter that can convert the older 12v to the newer 5v standard, I've linked it below.

Amazon.com: Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories

The following users liked this post:
BobbleHead (01-12-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the link on the 30 pin, think I will go with the CableJive though! Hopefully this will fix all my problems, if not I can send it back. I don't have the factory harness connector that resides in the center console. I installed the after market box to the SAT receiver and unplugged the XM box so I'm thinking this will fix the harness that goes to the box as well. I would think it's the same problem no matter where it is. Just hope it allows me to access playlists.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:10 PM
Update: Put the Cablejive adapter on, it charges now but still can't get it to do anything but skip through songs, so I'm returning it and going to buy an older ipod classic and see if that will fix the issue.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:49 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Sport35Driver
The 30 pin connector for the 07-08 V36 is the oldest ipod interface (2g) outputting 12v. The accepted voltage for newer 30 pin idevices was dropped to 5v. That means it will not charge newer idevices or bluetooth adapters because they are 5v.

They make an adapter that can convert the older 12v to the newer 5v standard, I've linked it below.

Amazon.com: Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories
^^ Second that. I've been using that adapter with an old iphone 4 that I use as an iPod. Only drawback is the adapter is pretty big so the iphone barely fits in the center console at an angle.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:49 AM
I have an iphone 5 now with the Lightning plug. Just purchased the 30 pin to Lightning adapter from Apple Store for $30. Now the phone works every time with the stupid Infiniti interface cord but won't charge. I see the 12v/5v converter issue now which means another adapter. Two adapters is going to cause issues I can bet on it. Don't know what to do but I wish someone out there has a way to USB port HACK this issue and be done with it once and for all OR, what we truly need is Bluetooth for the whole package.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
for the newer iphones and ipods, yes, you will need adapters -- but the current ipod classic still charges via the infiniti factory ipod interface cable on a 2008 g35. i have a current ipod classic that is solely for use in the car and is practically a permanent installment, i only disconnect it to update playlists or add new music.
ipodclassic

Old 04-15-2014, 10:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Steelsmitty
I have an iphone 5 now with the Lightning plug. Just purchased the 30 pin to Lightning adapter from Apple Store for $30. Now the phone works every time with the stupid Infiniti interface cord but won't charge. I see the 12v/5v converter issue now which means another adapter. Two adapters is going to cause issues I can bet on it. Don't know what to do but I wish someone out there has a way to USB port HACK this issue and be done with it once and for all OR, what we truly need is Bluetooth for the whole package.
Were you able to figure out how to get your iPhone 5 to charge? I'm having the same issue in my V36 Sedan. I got the 30 pin to lightning adapter from the Apple store. It plays music off my phone fine, but it doesn't charge.

I think I am going to buy the Scosche IFWA
Amazon.com: Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories
(Charging adapter) and hopefully that will enable it to charge.

Just wanted to see if you tried it out before I buy it and shoot myself in the foot if it doesn't work!

Another concern is the loss of music quality due to all the adapters!

Old 04-15-2014, 11:26 PM
The scosche doesn't charge the iphone 5. I've tried it. I've been told the isimple adapter does and I actually have a brand new one but haven't tried it yet.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:03 AM
con
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the iPhone 5s and a 7th gen ipod classic both play and charge fine in my 08 g sedan. For the ipod classic (not sure about the nano) just the OEM ipod wire will charge it just fine. For the 5s I had to get the scoshe adapter and the lightning adapter. If your having issues charging you may not have the OEM ipod cable. The aftermarket ones do not charge with or without the proper adapters.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:29 PM
Yup I have the official Apple 30 pin to Lightning converter. It's about 6 inches long and I think it was around $30 or $40, don't remember I bought it over a year ago, and it doesn't charge my iphone 5 when connected to the scosche adapter. Maybe my scosche adapter is bad or a different model or revision than you do but this has been my experience with it.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:49 PM
con
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by equifire
Yup I have the official Apple 30 pin to Lightning converter. It's about 6 inches long and I think it was around $30 or $40, don't remember I bought it over a year ago, and it doesn't charge my iphone 5 when connected to the scosche adapter. Maybe my scosche adapter is bad or a different model or revision than you do but this has been my experience with it.
I had this issue too. My problem was I bought an Infiniti IPOD cable that hooks into the center console off the internet and it would not charge with the Scoche but everyone else said it should. I returned the Scoche and gave up. Then I tried again except this time I bought an Authentic OEM Infiniti IPod cable adapter (more expensive) that hooks into the center console bought another scoche and hooked it to my 4s at the time and bam it charged!

Recently I just added a authentic lightning adapter and the 5s charges too. It's ugly and I don't really use it but it works when I need it to.

Good Luck

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Older Ipod only for factory interface?