G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

engine turns off at slow speeds

Old 01-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
engine turns off at slow speeds

I started getting this wearied, thing happening to my car. At first i thought the engine cut off because of low gas. But then today i was driving to school going up hill, the engine just turned completely I have to put it back into park and restart the engine. Then i was backing up again at low speeds and it just shut off. I feel when in first gear the car hesitates and pulls a little at low speed it works fine once it goes above. Does any body know what the problem might be? TB, MAF, Crank.. No check engine lights and i have a bluetooth OBD2 tool and ive ran a test and it comes up clear.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:50 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
The first thing I would do is to reset the ECU. It is very easy to do and no tools required. You can search on how to reset the ECU using the pedal method or you can just disconnect the battery overnight.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Ill try that ill disconnect the battery, what will this do would it just reset everything the car learned in my driving style in a way?

Old 01-28-2014, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Have you ever replaced your cam position sensors? Mine had similar symptoms when one of them failed.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:30 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by beto4632
Ill try that ill disconnect the battery, what will this do would it just reset everything the car learned in my driving style in a way?
Yes it would just reset what the car learned from your driving style. As for a faulty cam position sensor, I believe it would trigger a check engine light if it indeed was faulty.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:44 PM
I have not replaced the Cam Sensor, on my G35X, Yea i have no check engine light it just shuts off and then i put in park and turns back on. Ill post what happens once i remove the negative battery connector later tonight.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ITB11-018a
2007–2008 INFINITI G35 SEDAN, 2007 G35 COUPE, 2008 EX35, 2009-2010 FX35; ENGINE HESITATION OR STOPS RUNNING AT IDLE OR VERY LOW SPEEDS
The customer reports any of the following:
• Engine hesitation at idle or very low speeds,
and/or
• Engine speed drops lower than expected when decelerating or coming to a stop,
and/or
• Engine stops running at idle or very low vehicle speeds (parking lot maneuvers), but can be restarted.

An ecu update fixed my problem with the car shutting off & the other two probs. if disconnecting the battery doesn't work bring it to a dealer and ask them to update your ecu.
http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/loca...4#.UuhcvTI8KSN

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (01-28-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

OP edit your first post, like so please. (quote the answer for future searchers with same issue).

Problem:

Hdjsjsickwkkksd

Solution:

Originally Posted by G35xTG
ITB11-018a 2007–2008 INFINITI G35 SEDAN, 2007 G35 COUPE, 2008 EX35, 2009-2010 FX35; ENGINE HESITATION OR STOPS RUNNING AT IDLE OR VERY LOW SPEEDS The customer reports any of the following: • Engine hesitation at idle or very low speeds, and/or • Engine speed drops lower than expected when decelerating or coming to a stop, and/or • Engine stops running at idle or very low vehicle speeds (parking lot maneuvers), but can be restarted. An ecu update fixed my problem with the car shutting off & the other two probs. if disconnecting the battery doesn't work bring it to a dealer and ask them to update your ecu. http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/loca...4#.UuhcvTI8KSN

Old 01-29-2014, 01:59 PM
So I went and discontented the battery let the car dischsrge. I also removed my grounding kit and it's back to normal. I saw that post when I was searching but I don't know what "ITB" stands for?
Thank you guys for all the help!

Old 01-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by beto4632
So I went and discontented the battery let the car dischsrge. I also removed my grounding kit and it's back to normal. I saw that post when I was searching but I don't know what "ITB" stands for? Thank you guys for all the help!
Infiniti Technical Bulletin

These are updates from the national board on how to fix things or noticed problems.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im having the exact same problem

I bought a 2008 g35 sedan yesterday. I love it. Test drove it, and everything was fine. I drove to work once i left the dealership, and when i got off work i noticed a slight stall/jerk while leaving the garage. It went away as i accelerated more.

I had to make a store run about an hour after i got home. When i put the car in reverse it shut off. I put the car in park and it restarted with no problem. However, the car began to stall/jerk again. The car shut off again at a stop light, and again while parking in the parking lot. I had to make sure i was always accelerating in order to get home, or else it would shut off at very low speeds.

Last night i reset the ECU after watching a Youtube video. It got a little better, but it would almost idle to 0RPMS while going over speed bumps. Keep in mind there are no warning signs, and the check engine light is NOT on. I'm dropping the car tonight to my mechanic so he can clean the MAF sensor and throttle body. Hopefully this resolves the problem. I'll try to the reset the ECU one more time before i drop it off.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:56 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by cdbrown1989
I bought a 2008 g35 sedan yesterday. I love it. Test drove it, and everything was fine. I drove to work once i left the dealership, and when i got off work i noticed a slight stall/jerk while leaving the garage. It went away as i accelerated more.

I had to make a store run about an hour after i got home. When i put the car in reverse it shut off. I put the car in park and it restarted with no problem. However, the car began to stall/jerk again. The car shut off again at a stop light, and again while parking in the parking lot. I had to make sure i was always accelerating in order to get home, or else it would shut off at very low speeds.

Last night i reset the ECU after watching a Youtube video. It got a little better, but it would almost idle to 0RPMS while going over speed bumps. Keep in mind there are no warning signs, and the check engine light is NOT on. I'm dropping the car tonight to my mechanic so he can clean the MAF sensor and throttle body. Hopefully this resolves the problem. I'll try to the reset the ECU one more time before i drop it off.
Was there no warranty from the dealership where you bought it? If you just bought the yesterday, and it's acting up already, I would definitely go back and demand it be made right. They should be responsible for fixing it, otherwise, it begins to look like fraud.

Old 07-26-2016, 02:54 PM
Update

So I took the car back to the dealer, and they had their mechanic fix the issue. They indicated the air filter was extremely dirty so they replace it, throttle bodies were cleaned, and the MAF sensor was replaced. Drove it home with no problems, no stalling, no jerking, and no cut offs. Hope this helps.

Old 10-01-2016, 02:05 PM
Engine stalling at 1000 RPM

2008 G35x, 88,000 miles.

I had a similar issue where when my car was in gear (D or R), engine would seem to choke out at 1000 RPMs, would die in stop-and-go traffic or trying to reverse. Cleaned TB, cleaned MAFs, reset ECU, did everything else I could find on this forum and it would always come back.

Ended up stumbling on the PCV valve and it's purpose in the engine and figured I'd try to replace it given the low cost (about $6 on amazon).

After replacing the PCV valve, NO MORE STALLLING! Bad valve was causing the engine to choke itself at low speeds/rpms. Make sure you change the oil as scheduled or this valve can get gunked up and impact performance.

Simple to change. Take off passenger side intake body and valve is directly underneath (marked on engine). Much better than spending hundreds having a dealer try replacing MAFs, camshaft/crankshaft sensors, etc. etc.

Good luck!

Old 10-01-2016, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by rtb1010
2008 G35x, 88,000 miles.

I had a similar issue where when my car was in gear (D or R), engine would seem to choke out at 1000 RPMs, would die in stop-and-go traffic or trying to reverse. Cleaned TB, cleaned MAFs, reset ECU, did everything else I could find on this forum and it would always come back.

Ended up stumbling on the PCV valve and it's purpose in the engine and figured I'd try to replace it given the low cost (about $6 on amazon).

After replacing the PCV valve, NO MORE STALLLING! Bad valve was causing the engine to choke itself at low speeds/rpms. Make sure you change the oil as scheduled or this valve can get gunked up and impact performance.

Simple to change. Take off passenger side intake body and valve is directly underneath (marked on engine). Much better than spending hundreds having a dealer try replacing MAFs, camshaft/crankshaft sensors, etc. etc.

Good luck!

could you post the part from amazon that you purchased

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: engine turns off at slow speeds