G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

problem: back-up camera display not functioning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
problem: back-up camera display not functioning

anyone have an issue with the back-up cam display not displaying the rear view? it happens intermittently for my '07 MT sedan. this typically happens in the morning when backing out of the driveway but then seems to work for me later on in the day. only correlation i see is whether or not the car has "warmed" up. when i am driving around for a while (not just to work) to a couple different places, the back-up cam seems to work again.

it seems like whatever part senses the car is in reverse is not working correctly since if I shift into and out of reverse "softly" it usually displays the rear view. any thoughts on this?

i know my extended warrantly will not cover it since it is on the exclusion list for "near object avoidance systems" but i wanted to get some feedback if anyone else has any experience with this issue and possible solution. thanks in advance!

Old 05-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
If you have the Infiniti Elite Warranty, camera is covered

http://eliteprotectionplan.net/manua...chure-2012.pdf

Whats this exclusion list you speak of?

Old 05-07-2014, 04:15 PM
yeah, unfortunately, i purchased used and was not aware of the elite warranty at the time. the dealer i bought from was toyota located right next to and associated with infiniti dealer. they but pulled the car from the infiniti lot to sell to me after i sold them my '03 coupe. so they only offered me their extended warranty

Old 05-08-2014, 10:51 AM
thanks! this is really useful. after initially backing out the driveway and no rear cam view appearing, i tried this in the driveway at my son's sitter. diagnostics showed that the cam was working fine (even showed the display to calibrate). when i checked the reverse sensor by shifting in and out of reverse however, the diagnositc screen did not indicate "ON" like the steering sensor did when i turned the steering wheel. since i had to leave for work, i backed out of self-diagnosis mode and proceed to back out of the driveway - my rear cam displays on the screen!

looks like it is the reverse sensor, correct? that being said, is that considered part of the rear avoidance system? i'm going to try again after work, but i'm still wondering if based on the temps being fairly warm today (close to 90) and that the rear view cam usually works later in the day when "warm" versus when it is cooler in the mornings, if temp or moisture is messing with the sensor?

thoughts?

Old 05-12-2014, 11:46 PM
Received 96 Likes on 63 Posts
It needs a camera bro. Becoming more and more common here lately.

The following users liked this post:
mistanave (06-11-2014)
Old 11-26-2014, 09:13 PM
update: turned out it was the reverse led bulbs I had installed. i replaced with stock halogens and the rearview cam works fine again. the overall brightness of the bulbs had diminished some while installed on the car. however, testing the led bulbs separately with a 12v source showed that the bulbs were still good though. possible issue with the lower wattage of the leds?

Old 12-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hmm I got LED backup bulbs and my camera works fine.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Finnkc
Hmm I got LED backup bulbs and my camera works fine.
mine worked fine for almost a year before the problem developed. with the original bulbs in, I have no issues with the camera any longer. when I try putting the leds back in, the cam won't work. the led bulbs work fine outside of the car hooked up to a 12v source. crazy??

Old 12-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ya that is weird. I will let you know what happens, I just put them in a few months ago.