G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Weird Radio and Climate Control Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 08:27 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Weird Radio and Climate Control Issues

Hey All,

Been a while since I've been on, but this Summer has brought some interesting issues to the car:

1. Will be playing my iPod while driving. Park, turn off the radio, turn off the car. Turn the car on, turn the radio on expecting to have the iPod play, but instead it defaults to an AM radio station.

2. A/C is on AUTO. When I make the temp warmer, the fans slow down, but the air coming out of the vents is still ice cold.

3. Accelerate hard from a stop or slow roll and the car pukes\hesitates, recovers, and then accelerates. Just put in new Wix filters a month ago. Thinking the TBs may need adjusting.

Any insight would be super helpful.

Thanks,

Lew

Old 08-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Attempt a reset, pull the negative off the battery, leave off for 10+ minutes, maybe less but thats been my way. may solve some issues.

as for #3, id say battery reset may solve, but try cleaning throttle bodies.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the reply. The car has an extended warranty, and will go in for scheduled maintenance in a week. If they can't replicate any of this, I will try your suggestion.

Thanks Again!

Old 08-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
My AC is the same way during the summer. unless i turn it up to 85 it still blows cold. is your AC defaulting to 60f everytime you start the car? there is a fuse in the driver side kickpanel that keeps your previous setting when the car is shut off. mine went and i had to replace it. fortunately there are a couple spares in there of that amperage.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:38 AM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
my a/c is the opposite. I can turn it down to 60 and it blows only hot air. I turn on and off the a/c, defroster and turn the dial back and forth quickly and I can get the AC to come on. Every time I have taken it to the dealer, i get the 'seems to be working fine for us.'

as for the hesitation. Did this happen only after the filter change? I actually just got rid of my wix filters and replaced them with the AFE Pro Dry S reusable filters and noticed a much smoother throttling. I dont know if its the silicone edging causing better seals around the filter or just random but the car definitely likes the AFE filters.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by bat6wc
Did this happen only after the filter change? I actually just got rid of my wix filters and replaced them with the AFE Pro Dry S reusable filters and noticed a much smoother throttling. I dont know if its the silicone edging causing better seals around the filter or just random but the car definitely likes the AFE filters.
Yep. Best of my knowledge this started happening with the Wix filters. I may pick up some OEM filters and see if the hesitation goes away.

As for the other question, no, my A/C doesn't default to 60. It actually keeps the temp before the car is turned off.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Morning Peeps,

Took the car in for scheduled service this week. Of course they couldn't reproduce anything...Except the lag\hesitation issue. Got an ECU reflash and that fixed the issue. Car is more responsive and somehow, everything else is working better: Bluetooth, Climate Control, iPod, etc. Of course they "poo-poo'd" the "aftermarket" Wix filters, but they didn't point fingers saying that was the issue. If K&Ns were in there, that probably would of been an automatic red flag to them.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Sweet Lew
Morning Peeps,

Took the car in for scheduled service this week. Of course they couldn't reproduce anything...Except the lag\hesitation issue. Got an ECU reflash and that fixed the issue. Car is more responsive and somehow, everything else is working better: Bluetooth, Climate Control, iPod, etc. Of course they "poo-poo'd" the "aftermarket" Wix filters, but they didn't point fingers saying that was the issue. If K&Ns were in there, that probably would of been an automatic red flag to them.
Hmm, curious about this ECU flash and at what it really did. Also curious to know if it will wipe on the UPREV tune.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by bat6wc
Hmm, curious about this ECU flash and at what it really did. Also curious to know if it will wipe on the UPREV tune.
I asked the writer to find out what the flash fixed or updated, but the tech supposedly didn't have that information. They claimed it was based on VIN.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Interesting. Seeing that you are also an 08 XS, I wonder if they have a flash for me...

Old 01-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!

I wanted to resurrect my thread since I have been have weird radio and climate control issues again. Lately, the radio\ipod and climate control will turn on when the car is started and I KNOW that they were turned off when I turned off the car. Also, I had a long annoying slow drive home last night. Had the heat flow set to the floor. Then, after about 20 minutes, the flow changed on its own to the floor and vents. Then, after another 20-30 minutes, it switched again on its own to just the vents. WTF??? Anyone see this in their V36 G?

Old 01-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Car got dropped off for service. We'll see if they can replicate any of it.

Old 01-11-2016, 03:20 PM
As I thought.....Unable to reproduce. However, my service writer was intrigued with the change in airflow issue and will test it himself tonight when he drives home (granted he has a 2012 G37x). If anyone would be willing to test it, let me know if you can replicate it!

Thanks,

Lew