G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Not impressed with my G35 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
I think there's a reason you found it at that price point, it's the risk you took. Not every car is manufactured identically; you got the bad crop in this case.

And personally, I believe you bought the wrong car too. What you're looking for seems like handling rather than speed. You can either work on the suspension more, or you should have looked into something else and not a G.

The following users liked this post:
S 854 (08-20-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
You probably bought a flooded car that was cleaned up for resale.
It explains the issues and electrical problems. Lots of cars from Hurricane sandy and other storms/floods are in the market... ESPECIALLY craigslist.

Buyer Beware. You didn't do your research and bought it without thinking it through and giving it a good test drive. Your Bad. Happens.

My 2007 with 70,000mi drives like the first day i got her. Zero issues.

S 854 (08-20-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Wow, it's a sad day to read such terrible comments on such a beautiful car. The " G" is a very competent automobile. Nissan did a pretty good job manufacturing it. Just like any other car, the "G" has its share of down falls. For example, it'sunderpowered, it has oc issues, the factory rim and tires should have been wider 275 35 r19, and 245 40 r19 would have been a better fit and better for performance.

The list could go on and on but, the fact still remains that the "G" is a beautiful car and with moderate modifications is a dam good rival to cars twice or three times it's price. Instead of me complaining about what it doesn't have, I figure out how to make it better. Therefore allowing me to keep it forever.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
With the $1500 in mods to my suspension, I would put mine with an M3 any day. Not the power mind you, but handling Oh Yeah!

Hotchkis sways, Tokico d-spec adjustable shocks, 1" lowered, Energy Poly bushings, now it' really fees great!
My 03 sedan on coupe 19s, sways, Z springs and Konis would be right there with my friend's E39 M3. I drove his car. Amazing handling from an OEM but it felt right about where my modded G35 did.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:51 PM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
What i have understood from this thread:

1. You purchased a car as an impulse buy. - Your problem.

2. You didn't test drive the car properly, as you should have & now you find issues? - Your problem

3. You bought the car based off other peoples opinions & are now complaining about it? - Your problem

4. You are talking down on Infiniti/Nissan as if you are some Euro nutswinger? - Your problem

5. If you don't like the car, sell it. Dont cry about it. - Your problem

6. If you miss your A4 so much, why don't you buy another one? - Your problem

6. Maybe the problem is you, not the car? - You get the point...

The following 3 users liked this post by andy_cliff:
equifire (08-28-2014), Hotdawwgman (08-25-2014), vqsmile (08-25-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 08:16 PM
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
If you spent some time researching about the G sedan, then you should know that there are some handling difference in the X than a RWD Sport model. If you plan on keeping the car, then,

(1) Check the alignment just in case.
(2) Switch out the sway bars for the ones from aftermarket or Sport model.
(3) Upgrade to better tires
(4) For more $$$, do suspension mod

The VQ35HR is a little rough and make power up in the rev range. The VQ37 in the G37 is a more refine sounding motor, if thats what you are after.

Otherwise, there's always your closest Audi dealer to get that A4 feeling back.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Thanks Andy. You said a "G" full.

Last edited by Mr. Brooks; 08-21-2014 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andy_cliff
1. You purchased a car as an impulse buy. - Your problem.

I didn't impulse buy, I had actually been looking for cars in my area for several months, and I had done extensive research on the Infiniti g, Lexus IS, Acura tl & tsx, A4, A6, 3 series, c class...just to name a few . Yes, the test drive I took wasn't very long (about 5-10 minutes), but I made sure the vehicle title was clean and the car was not involved in any accidents, the dude I bought it from was trustworthy and I had a friend check it out after I had purchased it.

2. You didn't test drive the car properly, as you should have & now you find issues? - Your problem
These type of issues couldn't be discovered on ONE test drive. It took maybe a month or two before I learned the TRUTH about this POS car.

3. You bought the car based off other peoples opinions & are now complaining about it? - Your problem
Yes, that is traditionally the best way to do research on a specific product, is to research other people's reviews and opinions.

4. You are talking down on Infiniti/Nissan as if you are some Euro nutswinger? - Your problem
That's cause they are a JOKE of a car manufacturer. They suck at making cars period. Most people I know haven't even heard of the Infiniti brand.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:18 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
This is obviously a troll post. Get outta here, troll. The VQ was on car and drivers best engines list for the whole run of G35s. Go away.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:21 AM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
the dude you purchased it from was trustworthy? How did you come to that conclusion seeing as how you just met when you responded to his craigslist posting?

Again, you obviously purchased a faulty car, most likely a flooded car. Live up to your mistake and move on. Obviously NONE of us here can relate to all the issues you are having at the same time, so your car is not NORMAL.

P.S. If Audi makes such amazing cars, why did yours have engine issues that no one could figure out how to fix?

(I really just think you are a troll coming here to stir shyt, but this board has been quiet for a while so i'm entertained)

The following 2 users liked this post by willdogs:
Spartan268 (08-21-2014), vqsmile (08-25-2014)
Old 08-21-2014, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55
This is obviously a troll post. Get outta here, troll. The VQ was on car and drivers best engines list for the whole run of G35s. Go away.
Unfortunately, i am now convinced you are right. That last response gave it away for me.

Other than that, he just seemed like a typical Euro car nut hugger.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:46 AM
Just to be sure though.

Originally Posted by crownchef
I didn't impulse buy, I had actually been looking for cars in my area for several months, and I had done extensive research on the Infiniti g, Lexus IS, Acura tl & tsx, A4, A6, 3 series, c class...just to name a few . Yes, the test drive I took wasn't very long (about 5-10 minutes), but I made sure the vehicle title was clean and the car was not involved in any accidents, the dude I bought it from was trustworthy and I had a friend check it out after I had purchased it.
Cool story bro.

1. No, you did not research the car enough. Your first forum post proves this (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...ting-used.html) . As you bought a car that has an "uncomfortable" pedal setup. That is not the cars problem, that is yours.

2. No, you did not test drive or review the car well enough. If i am looking at buying a car, i take it to a warrant of fitness station and get it checked over by a qualified mechanic. Not a "friend". To find things like the "issues" you are having. If it had signs of being flooded, that would be detected.

Yes, that is traditionally the best way to do research on a specific product, is to research other people's reviews and opinions.
3. Yes, yes it is. But only going off other peoples judgement? really? They didn't view the car.

That's cause they are a JOKE of a car manufacturer. They suck at making cars period. Most people I know haven't even heard of the Infiniti brand.
4. www.audizine.com/forum/ - go home.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Trolling much? Prob doesn't even own a G. Go back to VWVortex with the rest of the B5 fossils.

The VR6 was a good motor back in the 90s ... VQ35HR devours it in every way.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:06 AM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by willdogs
the dude you purchased it from was trustworthy? How did you come to that conclusion seeing as how you just met when you responded to his craigslist posting?

Again, you obviously purchased a faulty car, most likely a flooded car. Live up to your mistake and move on. Obviously NONE of us here can relate to all the issues you are having at the same time, so your car is not NORMAL.

P.S. If Audi makes such amazing cars, why did yours have engine issues that no one could figure out how to fix?

(I really just think you are a troll coming here to stir shyt, but this board has been quiet for a while so i'm entertained)
This made my day

Hotdawwgman (08-25-2014)
Old 08-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
This guy is a troll.. The VQ engine is one of the best engines in the world... and he is comparing a 1999 audi to a 2008 infiniti.. of course the feeling will be numb.. the Audi at that time probably didn't have any of the creature comforts of these modern cars..

ignore the troll..

any one know where I can get the new top gear america episodes? piratebay doesn't seem to have any..

The following 2 users liked this post by khundkar:
Spartan268 (08-25-2014), vqsmile (08-25-2014)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Not impressed with my G35 sedan