G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

First day with my new 07 Black Obsidian G35S 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First day with my new 07 Black Obsidian G35S 6MT

I picked up the vehicle from a local dealer this morning and got an SES light after driving 100 miles. ODB scanner gave me the dreaded P0011 and P0021 Codes. I'm sure the dealer knew of this problem and erased the codes. I mean, I love the new ride already but would the 30 day warranty cover this or am I assed out?

Old 11-17-2014, 01:31 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Most dealers have a 30 day or 1000 mile warranty. Each has their own fine print. I would take it back asap and have them fix it. Keep us posted.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:22 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Hah when I saw the title I was expecting a mini review about how much you liked the car. Too bad about the code. Definitely let them know immediately. I wouldn't mess around make sure you talk to your salesman or the manager.
Hopefully they'll fix it and all will be good. Btw how many miles does have on it?

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (11-17-2014)
Old 11-17-2014, 09:57 PM
I picked it up at 107k at just over 13 grand. I'm sure i'm way overdue for some maintenance. I have plans to change out the tranny, clutch, diff and other fluids real soon. What other repairs do you recommend? I'm coming from a V8 BMW and I'm shocked at how much I'll be saving when it comes to maintaining the V36

Old 11-17-2014, 10:55 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Take it back. You're state probably has a lemon law. Those codes are very bad I believe. Has to do with that paper gasked in the HR right?

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...ous-about.html

Last edited by ScraggleRock; 11-17-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Damndrew (11-18-2014)
Old 11-18-2014, 01:34 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Damndrew
I picked up the vehicle from a local dealer this morning and got an SES light after driving 100 miles. ODB scanner gave me the dreaded P0011 and P0021 Codes. I'm sure the dealer knew of this problem and erased the codes. I mean, I love the new ride already but would the 30 day warranty cover this or am I assed out?
By the book, that's a multi-thousand dollar repair job. I would definitely take it back ASAP and demand they give you a refund. WALK AWAY! (and call the BBB) It is a major deal and they more than likely knew it. Was this just a small independent used car dealer type lot, or was it a proper major brand dealership that sold it to you?

On a side note: I really think it's reasonable advice anymore to tell anyone buying one of these cars to have the damn oil pressure checked before signing any papers; no matter how great the car looks and/or seems to run.

Damndrew (11-18-2014)
Old 11-18-2014, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
By the book, that's a multi-thousand dollar repair job. I would definitely take it back ASAP and demand they give you a refund. WALK AWAY! (and call the BBB) It is a major deal and they more than likely knew it. Was this just a small independent used car dealer type lot, or was it a proper major brand dealership that sold it to you?

On a side note: I really think it's reasonable advice anymore to tell anyone buying one of these cars to have the damn oil pressure checked before signing any papers; no matter how great the car looks and/or seems to run.
I've looked over the post made by infinitidude. Seems like a very big headache will be brewing. I did contact the independent dealer and they said the repair will be covered in the warranty but their mechanic will have to service it, figures .. It is a very big hassle for me to drive out almost 2 hours away into heavy Boston traffic when I work 6 days a week. I haven't said anything about returning the car yet but I will definitely bring that up when I call them again.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:45 AM
I've looked over the post made by infinitidude. Seems like a very big headache will be brewing. I did contact the independent dealer and they said the repair will be covered in the warranty but their mechanic will have to service it, figures .. It is a very big hassle for me to drive out almost 2 hours away into heavy Boston traffic when I work 6 days a week. I haven't said anything about returning the car yet but I will definitely bring that up when I call them again.
That would scare the crap out of me. It's is no minor effort to do the job properly, with plenty of potential to cause ongoing headaches down the road if it were botched. I wouldn't trust the typical caliber of mechanic that would likely be working in such an establishment (no matter what they might claim about his "master mechanic" status ). If I were you, I'd seriously try to just return the car.
Good Luck!

Old 11-18-2014, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by treacherous
I plan to test mine by spring. My Elite warranty expires in 2/2016 so I have a little time but don't want to procrastinate and run myself out of a claim if needed.
Treach, given the time you still have, I'd test it twice at least: once now to get a baseline and see where you stand, and then again (assuming it's currently ok) closer to the warranty expiration.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:38 PM
That would scare the crap out of me. It's is no minor effort to do the job properly, with plenty of potential to cause ongoing headaches down the road if it were botched. I wouldn't trust the typical caliber of mechanic that would likely be working in such an establishment (no matter what they might claim about his "master mechanic" status ). If I were you, I'd seriously try to just return the car.
Good Luck!
Indeed, it does scare the crap out of me. The establishment doesn't have its own shop so they have contracts with other shops for warranties I wasn't trying to hear it, though. I'm currently fighting to get it serviced at an Infiniti dealership. The thing is, I'm already starting to get attached to the G returning it would be the last resort

Old 11-19-2014, 02:00 AM
Indeed, it does scare the crap out of me. The establishment doesn't have its own shop so they have contracts with other shops for warranties I wasn't trying to hear it, though. I'm currently fighting to get it serviced at an Infiniti dealership. The thing is, I'm already starting to get attached to the G returning it would be the last resort
Uhh, what? Its a machine; don't get weird. There were over a million of these things made; they aren't exactly rare. Get yer money back and find another one.

Damndrew (11-20-2014)
Old 11-19-2014, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55

There were over a million of these things made; they aren't exactly rare. ...
Except for this part, I totally agree with your post. The 6MT sales were only supposed to be something like 5% of total V36 sales though, so in many parts of the country they can be rather rare.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:59 AM
Except for this part, I totally agree with your post. The 6MT sales were only supposed to be something like 5% of total V36 sales though, so in many parts of the country they can be rather rare.
Well, I just meant g35s in general. Didn't mean the specific model.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55
Well, I just meant g35s in general. Didn't mean the specific model.

I understand what you're saying, it is only a machine. I'm up in the north east where snow is a guarantee so there's tons of G X's in the area. It's a rare occasion to see rwd 6MT sedans lurking around so that's why I'm a bit hesitant to let her go. Only time will tell now. I will keep you guys updated on the situation

Old 11-20-2014, 02:42 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
If it's indeed the gasket issue they should be able to get it fixed properly and provide a warranty for the work there's no reason why you shouldn't keep it if you really like the car. It's not like the internals are shot and it's blowing blue smoke. From what I understand a simple gasket replacement is all it needs. The issue is really the amount of labor involved in order to get to that gasket.

I also wouldn't be so quick to blame the dealer. It's likely they didn't know about it either. Whoever owned the car previously could have known about it and when they discovered how much it would cost to fix they had the codes reset and traded the car in without telling the dealer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First day with my new 07 Black Obsidian G35S 6MT