G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Auxiliary/Cigarette Lighter No Longer Works

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auxiliary/Cigarette Lighter No Longer Works

So about last year I had tried charging my phone through the aux port/cigarette lighter and my phone would no longer charge. I assumed it was the charger since it was pretty old and beat up.

Finally got around to getting a new car charger and it still doesn't work. I just thought it was broken since it was a cheap one from Amazon. Then I tried a different one that is supposed to light up when charging when I finally realized that it might be the port to plug the charger into. None of my chargers were lighting up.

I don't smoke so I have never actually used the cigarette lighter nor do I care about that working. I was just hoping to be able to charge my phone while driving.

Has anyone else had this issue come up? I would prefer not to take it to the dealer for this. I am still on the Elite warranty and not even sure that would cover something like this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:41 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by sparko24
So about last year I had tried charging my phone through the aux port/cigarette lighter and my phone would no longer charge. I assumed it was the charger since it was pretty old and beat up.

Finally got around to getting a new car charger and it still doesn't work. I just thought it was broken since it was a cheap one from Amazon. Then I tried a different one that is supposed to light up when charging when I finally realized that it might be the port to plug the charger into. None of my chargers were lighting up.

I don't smoke so I have never actually used the cigarette lighter nor do I care about that working. I was just hoping to be able to charge my phone while driving.

Has anyone else had this issue come up? I would prefer not to take it to the dealer for this. I am still on the Elite warranty and not even sure that would cover something like this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Did you happen to check the fuse?

Old 01-26-2015, 03:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
lol yea its just a fuse, just replace the one that says cig lighter. I think you might have a few fuses in your first aid kit.