G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Plasti Dipping Grill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 09:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eazdaskeez
There's no right or wrong way. It's simply your way. If you prefer paint, fine. If you prefer dip, fine as well. Seems that people spend more time telling people what to do based on what they like. To the original poster, dip your grill or your car or your wheels or whatever. I'm sure you put the gas in it and pay the insurance on it so do what you makes you happy.
Amen! A lot of people are old and stubborn, so they are incapable of accepting new things. My paint job is fine with a few scratches and chips on the hood and bumper, and my plasti dip is going to keep it that way. The only thing I know how to do on a car is drive it, put air in the tires, fill up the tank, and change the air filter. That's why I was wondering about just spraying it with the grill on. I do pay my insurance, gas, and have almost paid off the car. I do not obtain the skills to prime and paint to where it looks good, which is why I'm using plasti dip. I'm going to dip my car once this freezing weather lifts and I will be posting it here in the coming days. If it hurts your eyes that bad, be sure to stop checking this thread. Thanks

Old 02-23-2015, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by Jpgranier
Amen! A lot of people are old and stubborn, so they are incapable of accepting new things. My paint job is fine with a few scratches and chips on the hood and bumper, and my plasti dip is going to keep it that way. The only thing I know how to do on a car is drive it, put air in the tires, fill up the tank, and change the air filter. That's why I was wondering about just spraying it with the grill on. I do pay my insurance, gas, and have almost paid off the car. I do not obtain the skills to prime and paint to where it looks good, which is why I'm using plasti dip. I'm going to dip my car once this freezing weather lifts and I will be posting it here in the coming days. If it hurts your eyes that bad, be sure to stop checking this thread. Thanks
Just spend the money and get a matte paint job if you can afford it. It's reliable and gorgeous... Versus making your car a giant condom.

Attached Thumbnails Plasti Dipping Grill-image-2641779471.jpg  
Old 02-23-2015, 11:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Just spend the money and get a matte paint job if you can afford it. It's reliable and gorgeous... Versus making your car a giant condom.
How much would that cost?

Old 02-23-2015, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by Jpgranier
How much would that cost?
Call around it totally depends on where you are .

Old 02-25-2015, 12:04 AM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Honestly I did a DIY painting job on my Impul spoiler/grill with no prior knowledge and it turned out to be more than acceptable. I used color matched paint cans from Amazon, regular automotive primer, and urethane clear coat. Theres plenty of DIY guides on the internet that will also cover the wetsanding and buffing process after the aerosol painting.