G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

installed headlight bulbs, fine for a few weeks and now this

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 11:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry installed headlight bulbs, fine for a few weeks and now this

Hey what's up guys I read recently installed Osram Xenarc 66240 CBI's for my G35 sedan. I installed them a few weekends ago and they have been fine since today, well really since the about 4 hours ago. It seems like the bulbs are shining down (same thing with brights obv.). What's weird is today I installed LED turn signals with resistors and I dont think i fussed with the headlight. After i installed my led turns i took the car out, got back in like an hour later and it was almost dusk so i put the lights on but didnt notice anything because it wasnt that dark out and i wasnt focused on expecting the headlights to be F'd up. On my way home i did go over a few speed bumps in a parking lot and a more than average bumpy railroad crossing. I got home, knowing i was about to go back out ran inside, did some stuff then came back out. I backed out of my driveway and thats when i realized the lights were so low i was like wtf. It just so happens that this happened and me and my girlfriend are dropping my car off tonight to get my eibach springs installed because I cannot get there in the morning due to work. So now I am driving with my fog lights on and it isn't too bad but it is just a pain in the A because now after I get my car back from the shop I'm going to have to take the wheels off (YES BOTH HEADLIGHTS ARE POINTING DOWN.. WTF??) and the front wheel well covers and see what's going on with both headlights. And the cars gonna be lowered.. Great.., thankfully im sitting on 19s. Has anyone had this problem after installing aftermarket headlight bulbs? The only thing i did was unplug n plug some wire harness's when i did the led signals and resistors so my big paws could get in there lol. Idk what this thing is but i took it off when i first did the bulbs it came off no problem then today i took it off for more room and the part that it screws into broke inside the headlight. I tried grabbing it with a magnet but i guess its aluminum.

Idk what this thing even does, i couldnt even get the one on the passenger side off today for some reason but it came off find when i installed the lights a few weekends ago. What really baffles me is why is it both headlights and not just one? Could both clips have un-clipped themselves?

How they were when i installed them VS tonights situation

Old 05-09-2016, 12:51 AM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
well just go and retrace your steps. make sure the bulbs are seated in the housing well.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:10 AM
Yea im going to do that but does anyone know what the purpose of that thing i have circled?

Old 05-11-2016, 05:55 PM
Ok i just got home from work and took the driver side wheel off to see whats going on. Before i go on about this, these headlights are equipped with AFS.. The actual headlight bulb lens assembly thing is facing down. What i was asking before is what that peice with the long screw does but i can only assume now that it is the adjuster. And what i also said before is something broke inside and the long screw could not screw into anything now i know that whatever broke is connected to the headlight bulb holder which is causing the headlight to sag. The only reason i removed these "adjusters" (if thats what they are) is to get more room to work when installing the led turn signal bulbs and the resistors. This is the last thing i wanted to get into this weekend, but it looks like im going to have to remove the damn headlight to see if whatever broke is repairable. Im getting so mad just thinking about what i might have to do, i can only assume im going have to bake open the headlight lens to see if this broken peice is repairable, am i right?

This is my current situation, i tried zooming in to the adjuster hole to see the peice the adjuster screw screwed into but i cant see anything.

As for the passenger side, the adjuster wouldnt come out on that one never came out even though unscrewed the white flat head dial definitely way more than i had to but i was just trying to get the damn adjuster out the way so i can work installing the new signals.

EDIT: Heres a quick video of what broke off inside, i got ahold of it with a long screw driver

Last edited by youngdip631; 05-11-2016 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:37 PM

NOT MY PICTURE AND THIS IS OFF AN 08 COUPE BUT IM100% POSTITIVE THIS IS THE PEICE THAT BROKE OFF, ANYONE HAVE A SPARE DRIVERS SIDE HEADLIGHT OR ONE USED FOR PARTS LMK ASAP PLEASE THANK YOU!