G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

cruise control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 11:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cruise control

I have an '07 x sedan with adaptive cruise control, which isn't currently working. I replaced the shut off switch by the brake pedal, checked all the fuses I know to check (left footwell and front of battery). Still I have no cruise control. The dash lights do not light up. Don't know what to do. Could it simply be that the switch on the steering wheel is bad/gummed up? Suggestions? Thanks for any help.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:44 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by dsunz
I have an '07 x sedan with adaptive cruise control, which isn't currently working. I replaced the shut off switch by the brake pedal, checked all the fuses I know to check (left footwell and front of battery). Still I have no cruise control. The dash lights do not light up. Don't know what to do. Could it simply be that the switch on the steering wheel is bad/gummed up? Suggestions? Thanks for any help.
I just had "regular" cruise control, but when it malfunctioned, it was due to the pedal switch adjustments.

$.02

Old 05-25-2016, 07:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
update

Hey, VQ thanks for the reply. I notice you provide a lot of help on this forum and I appreciate it. That said, I'm stupid. I only realized today that no steering wheel controls work at all. So... it's the clock spring, right? Except.... the horn still works. I multimetered every damn fuse and they're all good. I thought if the horn works then the clock spring isn't the culprit. However, that's the only solution I got now, clock spring. What do you think? Thanks for any help.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:39 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by dsunz
Hey, VQ thanks for the reply. I notice you provide a lot of help on this forum and I appreciate it. That said, I'm stupid. I only realized today that no steering wheel controls work at all. So... it's the clock spring, right? Except.... the horn still works. I multimetered every damn fuse and they're all good. I thought if the horn works then the clock spring isn't the culprit. However, that's the only solution I got now, clock spring. What do you think? Thanks for any help.
I think you may have to pour through the electrical sections of the service manual to see how the various circuits run through the spiral cable (aka clock spring). Given it's unique safety function, it seems to me that, for a more fail-safe capability, it may be possible for the horn contacts to be uniquely routed directly to the actual horn, without any intermediate interpretation by something like the BCM. This might not be the case though for all the other steering wheel functions, which are not critical, and which most likely do get routed through some kind of logic control. If this is the case (and I don't know for a fact that it is), then it could be that the fault is occurring somewhere along that pathway, or in the logic itself, as opposed to being in the spiral cable.
Here's the service manual : http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2008/
(hint: the index is at the end, under the "fwd.pdf" section)