G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Aux

Old 07-22-2016, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aux

I have recently bought a 2007 G35x and notice there was no aux port. After looking into I found out you have to use the RCA ports to play music through the aux. So I we out and bought the cord I need to play music after trying to different RCA to 3.5mm I have still yet to get anything to play. All I hear is static when I plug it in. Has anyone else ran into this problem or know what else I could try?

Old 07-22-2016, 04:01 PM
Look up bc-06 Bluetooth units. It plugs into your car lighter can connect phone via Bluetooth or aux on side of the unit. I'll post some pics later when I'm near my car.

https://www.amazon.com/MFEEL-Perform.../dp/B00ZZGE0SW

Old 07-23-2016, 08:47 AM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by gwm30900
I have recently bought a 2007 G35x and notice there was no aux port. After looking into I found out you have to use the RCA ports to play music through the aux. So I we out and bought the cord I need to play music after trying to different RCA to 3.5mm I have still yet to get anything to play. All I hear is static when I plug it in. Has anyone else ran into this problem or know what else I could try?
Are you using a cable like this? https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Audio-...rds=aux+to+RCA

Also are you connecting the RED to RED and WHITE to WHITE? (Yellow is for video signal only)

Lastly you need to choose the AUX input on the radio.

I know all silly question but just double checking because not everyone know the above.

If that doesn't work, I would get another set of cables since they are cheap to rule out a bad cable set. If still nothing then something is wrong with your RCA Inputs.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by willdogs
Are you using a cable like this? https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Audio-...rds=aux+to+RCA

Also are you connecting the RED to RED and WHITE to WHITE? (Yellow is for video signal only)

Lastly you need to choose the AUX input on the radio.

I know all silly question but just double checking because not everyone know the above.

If that doesn't work, I would get another set of cables since they are cheap to rule out a bad cable set. If still nothing then something is wrong with your RCA Inputs.
Wouldnt it jsut be easier to get the unit i posted above for twenty bucks ? includes phones and music of your ipod/iphone.. been using it for six months at this point havent had a single issue with it

Old 07-24-2016, 10:40 PM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by l3fty
Wouldnt it jsut be easier to get the unit i posted above for twenty bucks ? includes phones and music of your ipod/iphone.. been using it for six months at this point havent had a single issue with it
Yes if that's what he/she wants. It's good to have options.
Also Wired connection will always have better sound quality over the device you posted.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gwm30900

if you are using one of the R/W/Y cables, you might need to swap the yellow with a red or white connection as some of those cables are actually for specific devices and thus are wired slightly different.

Also, you might have a cable that's incorrect for your media player. Some devices use different phono jack layouts. You should try out your cable on a home stereo or something else with an audio input to see if it works there.