G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Need help with buying......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with buying......

Hello all, new to the forum. Long story short i'm looking to buy a G. My brother has a G35 and i love the car. Unfortunately my price range is about 8-10k, can't really do more right now. I just bought a condo and put a downpayment on that.

I'm at the point where i want to drive something fun and reliable. I also don't want to lock myself into a lease or financing. Unfortunately most of the G's i'm looking at in that price range have anywhere from 95-120k miles. I have two questions with this.

1. I obviously know to look for something well maintained and with records. However are these the type of cars that may kill me in maintenance (used to have a bmw e46 and had 3k in maintenance in 2 years. Not good)

2. Realistically if i bough a 2007 with 110k miles for 8k. What might its value be in 3 years assuming 10k miles a year? I plan to keep the car for 3 years, settle into my condo and then look at a Q50.

I realize those questions are a bit subjective. Just looking for opinions. I appreciate any responses!

Old 11-13-2016, 01:22 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd look for the best interior condition g35 for 8k relatively low miles, tell them 7k or nty and you'd probably get 4k after 3 years. However I'd think it'd be best to trade in for that q50.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.