G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Dash Lights only when wet

Old 01-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dash Lights only when wet

I know there are many threads on these lights being on but I cant find any that list the problem only when it is wet outside. It started in a snow storm and has happened 2 more times in the rain. VDC, ABS, Slip, and AWD lights all come on. They keep resetting themselves after the car dries. I have checked all things that I can find listed . Brake fluid, Brakes. I am thinking there has to be some type of sensor that will affect all listed lights. Wondering if anyone knows which sensor, where it is located, and is it something that can be done at home. My car is a 2008X that I bought new. It has just over 223k miles and has not been to a dealer since 2009 when the prepaid oil changes ran out at 35k. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rob

Old 01-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Wow. 211 views and no ideas?? Does anyone know if there is a scanner that reads faults other than emissions related? My OBD scanner shows no codes.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Sounds like an electrical issue if intermittent when wet. I would check all of the ABS sensors and look for cracked or split wiring. I had a mechanic damage the "tone ring" on one of my front wheel bearings and the VDC, ABS, and Slip lights would come on shortly after starting to drive.

The ABS sensors in the rear are bolted to the differential.

If you want to get advanced, Nissan DataScan II can monitor individual wheel speeds, that way you can tell is something is out of whack when the car is wet. http://home.exetel.com.au/nds/NDSII/...ltfunctionsabs
Not sure if UpRev software has any monitoring features or just tuning.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
The old software was just fun stuff, nothing really that useful for general troubleshooting. Either look down at your Wheel speed sensors/abs equipment or get some time at Nissan with their computer.

Last edited by Urbanengineer; 01-07-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Don't want to look or sound stupid but what is my WSS's??

Old 01-06-2017, 06:14 PM
If I go to dealer for a scan would it be better if it is when everything is lit up? I am thinking yes as when it is not all systems seem to be working fine. One more question. As I stated she has not been to a dealer in close to 8 years. Can they flash the computer with updates? If so is that how I would request it and any idea of their charge for doing the update?
Thanks to both of you for your time Rob

Old 01-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
It sounds like something isn't grounding that should, or a unit is slowly being destroyed. For example, my kick stand sensor on one of my motorcycles intermittently worked. The wiring to the sensors was slowly being eaten away by the final drive, to the point it wouldn't start at all anymore! Check down at the source and see if you can't find anything.

Old 01-11-2017, 11:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I came across your thread searching for 'scanner' because I am troubleshooting the same thing in a V35 (VDC, Slip, ABS and at one point, SES, on).

Do a search for Wet IPDM. I think there are posts in the V36 forums on that as well. This can be a cause of instrument clusters sketching out.

For good visual of the mess that can be found in the battery compartment, look here: http://jfbreton.blogspot.ca/2015/05/...ssue-what.html

This past weekend charging my battery, which was running low voltage and at low capacity according to the conditioner, didn't do the trick. This weekend I'm hoping that cleaning up any mess that is under the battery tray, drilling a couple of drainage holes in the battery tray, checking the IPDM for blown fuses or bad relays and cleaning it up with some contact cleaner and a hair dryer will do the trick.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by dun5081
I know there are many threads on these lights being on but I cant find any that list the problem only when it is wet outside. It started in a snow storm and has happened 2 more times in the rain. VDC, ABS, Slip, and AWD lights all come on. They keep resetting themselves after the car dries. I have checked all things that I can find listed . Brake fluid, Brakes. I am thinking there has to be some type of sensor that will affect all listed lights. Wondering if anyone knows which sensor, where it is located, and is it something that can be done at home. My car is a 2008X that I bought new. It has just over 223k miles and has not been to a dealer since 2009 when the prepaid oil changes ran out at 35k. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rob
Have you ever read the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu.../Sedan/2008/GI

Telcoman

Old 01-14-2017, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by telcoman
Have you ever read the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu.../Sedan/2008/GI

Telcoman
thanks I had not. I looked thru but do not seem to find anything that would help me with this problem. It also linked me to the Nico forums so I will search there as well. Thanks Rob

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.