G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Slid out in snow and hit a curb, what broke?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slid out in snow and hit a curb, what broke?

Ok so I was being a total moron and decided to turn off VDC in my 07 G35. I was driving in a neighbor hood right after it snowed (crappy all-seasons + RWD = bad) and I took a turn a bit too fast and slid right into a curb... ouch.

I got out and looked at the damage, and really I didn't see much except the rear passenger wheel was pretty scraped, but it didn't look bent or out of place.

I tried to drive home, and the first obvious thing I noticed was my steering wheel was now at an angle when I'm driving straight. Second of all, every time I drove over snow or ice, my car completely lost all traction. Even if just the left tires touched snow, i could feel myself slide.

The VDC is permanently off, and the "SLID" light is stuck on.

I drove it a little bit in the dry weather, and it actually seems fine besides my steering wheel is angled, but whenever I hit bumps I can feel the car steer to the left. It also looks like the rear wheel that I curb'd is slightly pushed back.

I'm gonna take the wheel off and look for damage tomorrow, anything I should look for? What damage should I expect?

Old 01-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Probably have a suspension arm or a couple bent.
If you were really lucky it may just have been knocked out of alignment but the ally susp components tend to bend very easily.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by AlexxRyzhkov

What damage should I expect?
Your pocketbook

These vehicles do not do well on snow and ice

Drive carefully or not at all until roads are cleared

Name:  2014-02--07MyPictures020714-005_zpsed2f1a06.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  103.3 KB

Telcoman

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.