G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe
View Poll Results: What Are Your Thoughts Now That You Have Seen It In Person?
Disappointed by pics and disappointed in real life.
31.30%
Disappointed by pics and now like it.
21.37%
Liked the pics and disappointed in real life.
7.25%
Liked the pics and like it just the same now.
40.08%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

For Those That Have Seen The G37 In Person

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1000% better in person. The front end looks great & rear was not as bad as I thought it might be juding from pics. It's a winner just like it is.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SCoupe
1000% better in person. The front end looks great & rear was not as bad as I thought it might be juding from pics. It's a winner just like it is.
Exactly what I would say. I thought the back was going to be horrid. I actually like dit alot.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:51 PM
It looks much better in person

There are two red ones at the dealership in Greenwood Indiana. One has larger sportier looking wheels on it the other looked less sporty, but was on the showroom so could not see it as well through the window. There was no pricing, only a sample sticker with no dollars at all. The red was smoking hot and the body style looked way better than in pictures.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by G35CoupeToronto
Anyhow to say the least the G37c arrived at Willowdale Infiniti(Toronto) just the other day on the 13th & honestly I was right..the pics were right..very dissappointed with the looks of the car! Simply merely a facelift from the previous generation. Nothing sexy, nothing attractive about it. It looks unfinished nor incomplete. It looks too much like the previous generation. If they had designed it anything close to the damn concept than it would be one hell of a nice looking vehicle. This car will not be anymore successful or see any increase in sales whatsoever compared to when the G35c generation rolled out on 2003. This car will not do as well I can assure you. They ruined the car! What did they do? What were the JAPS thinking? They put more effort & engineering and time in to the new G35 Sedan than the G37c.

7.0 max out of 10

I think I will be moving over to the BMW 335i which is 10-15g's that much better in all respects..

When I bought my 03 G35c I would have literally rated it no less than 9 out of 10. Now of course there are too many on the street. But when the car was launched released there wasnt a single sole that would not look at the car. The car got a lot of attention and praise..it was the sexiest car on the road in 2003. It was refined and very sharp and bold looking. It has character. As for the 08 G37c will see nothing near this success..

So dissappointed I cannot stress any more..Im certain may consumers would agree with me here..
this post was fine up until you whipped out the crystal ball and stated 'the car wont sell well etc.. etc.. blah blah blah'. Your clairvoyance is about as useful as a fortune teller.. next time.. keep the wiji board at home and talk about what you know.. not what you think you know....

Old 08-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Finally saw the new G in person...

I HATE to say it but I really wasn't impressed. Now I'll say this...the interior was VERY beautiful, the wheels and brakes are hot too. I'm just not liking the new design because I really feel it lost of the aggressive looks that it had. Like many others, I hate the grille as it looks like it comes from a sedan. When I look at the car from behind or the side it totally looks like a solaro and I HATE thinking that. If this was my first time being introduced to the G I would think it was a pretty damn nice car without a doubt. However, owning an '04 myself and loving everything about the way the car looks, the G37 just fell a little short for me in looks. It's very refined and less aggressive looking and I'm not sure why. I'm guessing once I start seeing some with mods done it will start to grow on me more. I would also like to see it in silver in person. The one I saw was red and I'm not a huge fan of red but the pics I've seen of it in silver do make it look better. Anyway, there's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:38 PM
To each his own - I still think that the rear spoiler gives it that aggressiveness that people say are lacking. I thought the 1st Gen. G35 coupe also looked bland without the spoiler and fit my fancy with it....so it's personal preference.

Stick with your '04! Don't make yourself unhappy just to make the jump - you'll never be able to live with yourself if you do. People that bought Scion xBs think they're tight, and nobody could tell them otherwise

Old 08-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Banned
I prefer the G35 coupe body.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:09 PM
I visited the local dealer on Friday and drove the 08 "sample" black on black G37. Despite what some have said here on the forum, the car looks just like it does in pictures. As far as the exterior goes, if you like the look of the current 4 door sedan, the G37 looks like a 2 door version which is not really a surprise. They had a 2007 G35 parked nearby and it still held its own. The interior was a major upgrade, both the quality and layout were improved. If you are the tech geek type, the hard drive NAV system, bluetooth, ability to store MP3s, IPOD connection, and rear camera system are fun toys. As for the ride, I didn't take it accross any winding roads but it handled fine and there was plenty of hp. While this was a sample car and not for sale, it was fairly loaded and the saleperson said a similar car would be priced ~42k. I got the sense that demand will probably be exceeding supply for at least the next couple of months but we will soon find out as people compare pricing.

So the big question is will I buy/lease one? Not sure. I'm still not in love with the new design. This is a subjective impression and some may like the new design some may not. Its really not a radical change from the G35 but comparing the G37 to the other cars at the dealer, you really do see the infiniti cars share a similar design theme just as cars from MB, BMW, Lexus, etc. At this point I am awaiting the release of the Audi A5.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by 7upp
I visited the local dealer on Friday and drove the 08 "sample" black on black G37. Despite what some have said here on the forum, the car looks just like it does in pictures. As far as the exterior goes, if you like the look of the current 4 door sedan, the G37 looks like a 2 door version which is not really a surprise. They had a 2007 G35 parked nearby and it still held its own. The interior was a major upgrade, both the quality and layout were improved. If you are the tech geek type, the hard drive NAV system, bluetooth, ability to store MP3s, IPOD connection, and rear camera system are fun toys. As for the ride, I didn't take it accross any winding roads but it handled fine and there was plenty of hp. While this was a sample car and not for sale, it was fairly loaded and the saleperson said a similar car would be priced ~42k. I got the sense that demand will probably be exceeding supply for at least the next couple of months but we will soon find out as people compare pricing.

So the big question is will I buy/lease one? Not sure. I'm still not in love with the new design. This is a subjective impression and some may like the new design some may not. Its really not a radical change from the G35 but comparing the G37 to the other cars at the dealer, you really do see the infiniti cars share a similar design theme just as cars from MB, BMW, Lexus, etc. At this point I am awaiting the release of the Audi A5.
i wouldnt spend any money on a car at this price point if it doesnt "wow" me. it DOESNT look like a 2door sedan as you suggested but hey.. if thats what blows your hair back. i could say the same about the a5 as it offers nothing of the style (exterior or interior) that the g37 offers.. plus that audi is going to be way more expensive.

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 08-20-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Uh Ohhhh

Old 08-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
saw the new coupe in person

It looks better in person but still not as good as the first Generation.
Infinit would have nailed it if they kept the weight down to about 3400 lb with 330 hp.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:12 PM
First you say it doesn't look as good as a G35. Then you say that if it weighed less, it'll be perfect. I don't see the correlation here...

Old 08-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
It does not look as good as the G35 coupe at the same time it looks better in real life than in pictures. That means G37 is good looking car compared to excellent looking car like the G35 coupe. With that said if it really outperformed the G35 with a large margin like the 335 out performs the 330, infiniti would have perfect car and enthusiasts like me would probably consider upgrading.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
The weight is definately the killer. In my opinion, it was Infiniti's biggest mistake.

I'm sure most people don't care, but we enthusiasts do

Old 08-20-2007, 02:47 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
The weight is definately the killer. In my opinion, it was Infiniti's biggest mistake.

I'm sure most people don't care, but we enthusiasts do

True. However, "we enthusiasts" are a small portion of the market.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For Those That Have Seen The G37 In Person