G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe
View Poll Results: What Are Your Thoughts Now That You Have Seen It In Person?
Disappointed by pics and disappointed in real life.
31.30%
Disappointed by pics and now like it.
21.37%
Liked the pics and disappointed in real life.
7.25%
Liked the pics and like it just the same now.
40.08%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

For Those That Have Seen The G37 In Person

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought only BMW owners were "enthusiasts". At least that was what I gathered while lurking around bimmerfest--that the rest of us only drive cars .

Old 08-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by N50
True. However, "we enthusiasts" are a small portion of the market.
Exactly. That was part of my point, although I didn't specifically state it.

That's why im sure the weight is not going to affect sales in general; only to the few enthusiasts who think it's a little too heavy for a luxury sports coupe.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:58 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Exactly. That was part of my point, although I didn't specifically state it.

That's why im sure the weight is not going to affect sales in general; only to the few enthusiasts who think it's a little too heavy for a luxury sports coupe.

Ah, gotcha. We're on the same wavelength then.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:49 PM
I think that the G37 looks better than the G35. It is more aggressive and more refined looking. When I parked beside the one at the dealership my car looked dated. And the interior- well there is no comparison- G37 all the way. As regards performance. I am a little disappointed that it didn't acheive a higher standard than it did. I think that in stock form it is just shy of where it should be. But I am hoping that there is good mod potential for the new engine without impairing warranty coverage.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:14 PM
lets stop living in the past.. there is no more speculation.. there is no more concept.. there is no more G35 coupe! What you see is what you get.. comparisons are irrelevant.

By next year if you want a g35c you'll have to look at the used car lots or the junk yard..so hows that going to help your comparison?. If you like the car.. great.. lets talk about it.. if you dont like it.. great.. but at this stage of the game comparing the g37 to the g35 is a waste of time.. all we're doing is regurgitating up the same conversation that was said hundreds of times over since the car was shown.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
I think that the G37 looks better than the G35. It is more aggressive and more refined looking. When I parked beside the one at the dealership my car looked dated. And the interior- well there is no comparison- G37 all the way. As regards performance. I am a little disappointed that it didn't acheive a higher standard than it did. I think that in stock form it is just shy of where it should be. But I am hoping that there is good mod potential for the new engine without impairing warranty coverage.
Just saw a G37s earlier when I was dropping off my car at the dealer for maintenance. It's pretty hot and I think it's a good step by Infiniti in the right direction in terms of design. I can't wait to see the refresh version though, plus any future powerplant changes. The G needs a few more ponies to be in the same field as its competition these days, when it used to be the one ahead of the pack. G35C is just old news.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:58 PM
I already think it surpassed the competition. I mean the car is in the same class as the 328i and has 100 more horsepower. They just need to build a high performance G then were talking business.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've checked out the new G37 at Lokey Infiniti in Clearwater while I was getting the oil changed in my G35. The car they had was amethyst graphite. Based on pics, the G37 looks best in black by far (hides the bubbly curves and looks more sophisticated and aggressive). I wasn't feeling the amethyst graphite color of the car I checked out.

What surprised me the most is how the new G looks like a much smaller car than before, even though the overall dimensions are basically the same and the wheelbase is the same as before. There was an '07 Coupe parked next to the G37 and the G37 looked smaller. It definitely has a more feminine look than the G35.

The G37 is a great car for sure but I'm shocked by the price increase and disappointed by the big increase in weight. The rear end is the worst part of the new G with the top of the trunk reminding me of a Pontiac G6 Coupe. The new interior is excellent, but I felt it wasn't sporty enough. When you get into the new G, you suddenly feel like you're in a sedan and not a sporty coupe. The features are great though. Everything is top notch except the rubber ***** on the stereo/AC look kinda cheap.

The fit and finish of the new G is top-notch and easily the equal or better than Lexus. The paint was smooth with no orange peel. Just hope it is more chip resistant than before. The fitment of panels was perfect, and there were lots of nice quality details like the inside portion of the hood was like no other car I've seen. All in all, the new G is a great car and I think it will sell pretty well, but after the initial rush dies off, it probably won't sell as well as the previous G due to the price increase and strong competition in the marketplace, and the economy these days isn't that great either.

Looking forward to the Infiniti version of the GT-R!

Congrats to all G37 buyers- you're getting one heck of a car!

Last edited by gspotter; 08-20-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
i wouldnt spend any money on a car at this price point if it doesnt "wow" me. it DOESNT look like a 2door sedan as you suggested but hey.. if thats what blows your hair back. i could say the same about the a5 as it offers nothing of the style (exterior or interior) that the g37 offers.. plus that audi is going to be way more expensive.
Why is that some people become defensive anytime something negative about the G37 is said. Did you even read my complete post which had both negatives and positives? Hey if you like the car thats great but if you don't think the G37 looks like a 2 door version of the current G35 sedan (4 door) you need to put down the crack pipe. Considering that you have neither seen or driven an A5 its pathetic that you would comment negatively (or positively) on a car that hasn't even been released before making any judgement. If putting down another car makes you feel like more of a man then go for it.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:41 AM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by 7upp
Considering that you have neither seen or driven an A5 its pathetic that you would comment negatively (or positively) on a car that hasn't even been released before making any judgement. If putting down another car makes you feel like more of a man then go for it.
I guess you weren't here on this forum in May/June. lol (not meant to be taken negatively in any way) I personally think that the G37 has a distinct and somewhat similiar look to the 2007 G35 sedan... and with the M (which is never bad). It's definitely not where you think... "Hmm.. I wonder if that's the sedan or coupe version..." I can clearly tell that it's the G37. It's not bad to have a similiar design with another car within the company, I just personally feel that the G37 doesn't look exactly like the G35 sedan. They're both of great quality!

Last edited by Yimbie; 08-21-2007 at 01:43 AM.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by airhoppz
To each his own - I still think that the rear spoiler gives it that aggressiveness that people say are lacking. I thought the 1st Gen. G35 coupe also looked bland without the spoiler and fit my fancy with it....so it's personal preference.

Stick with your '04! Don't make yourself unhappy just to make the jump - you'll never be able to live with yourself if you do. People that bought Scion xBs think they're tight, and nobody could tell them otherwise
airhoppz, mind if I ask how much you got your G37 for??

Old 08-21-2007, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by Yimbie
I guess you weren't here on this forum in May/June. lol (not meant to be taken negatively in any way) I personally think that the G37 has a distinct and somewhat similiar look to the 2007 G35 sedan... and with the M (which is never bad). It's definitely not where you think... "Hmm.. I wonder if that's the sedan or coupe version..." I can clearly tell that it's the G37. It's not bad to have a similiar design with another car within the company, I just personally feel that the G37 doesn't look exactly like the G35 sedan. They're both of great quality!
I agree with most of what you are saying. Its not a negative that the G coupe and sedan share appearances any more than the BMW 3 series coupe and sedan share common design lines. Of course anyone call tell them apart (they are not the same car) but its obvious they are related. It isn't like comparing the G37 to an altima coupe My comments about the infiniti cars all sharing a common design theme were also just an observation and can be left up to the individual to determine whether this is a good thing. As I said, Infiniti is not alone in this pathway.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:00 AM
people get very defensive...but ppl cmon...a modded car is always going to trash a stock car...for example: my modded g35 coupe...will trounce a stock G37 easy...but when a g37 is modded in a great way itll be neck and neck...seeing the car i wasnt blown away...when i saw the G35 coupe on the road...i was absolutely blown away...this may be because the cars are so similar..but it just doesnt have an outright appeal to myself...all in all itll be a great car but cmon future g37 owners (including me maybe? )..dont be arrogant and think your car is superior cuz though the g37 is the new model in no way does it overshadow the sexy g35 coupe ....and ppl keep saying oh the g37 has lost its agressiveness by becoming all round (bubbly hood?)...well thats what mods are for ...to me the g37 (in colors besides blacK) has many odd angles...some may say the g37 is the awkward younger sibling of the g35c

Old 08-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Gam3
people get very defensive...but ppl cmon...a modded car is always going to trash a stock car...for example: my modded g35 coupe...will trounce a stock G37 easy...but when a g37 is modded in a great way itll be neck and neck...seeing the car i wasnt blown away...when i saw the G35 coupe on the road...i was absolutely blown away...this may be because the cars are so similar..but it just doesnt have an outright appeal to myself...all in all itll be a great car but cmon future g37 owners (including me maybe? )..dont be arrogant and think your car is superior cuz though the g37 is the new model in no way does it overshadow the sexy g35 coupe ....and ppl keep saying oh the g37 has lost its agressiveness by becoming all round (bubbly hood?)...well thats what mods are for ...to me the g37 (in colors besides blacK) has many odd angles...some may say the g37 is the awkward younger sibling of the g35c
I see you own a g35 I own one two but in my oppinion I do think the G37 is a big step over the G35. Its more grown up so now when I go out to the club I feel like I have a luxury car and not a car that looks like it came from a car meet. But thats just my oppinion.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by 7upp
Why is that some people become defensive anytime something negative about the G37 is said. Did you even read my complete post which had both negatives and positives? Hey if you like the car thats great but if you don't think the G37 looks like a 2 door version of the current G35 sedan (4 door) you need to put down the crack pipe. Considering that you have neither seen or driven an A5 its pathetic that you would comment negatively (or positively) on a car that hasn't even been released before making any judgement. If putting down another car makes you feel like more of a man then go for it.
i'm speechless at the level of maturity this forum is turning into. this isnt a contest.. there is no right or wrong.. if i think it looks like a pinto .. then so be it but the name calling.. come on You've got to be just a bit more mature than that right? If you want anyone to respect what you say on this forum then you need to grow up just a bit.

"crack pipe" hu?
"feel like a man" hu?
"pathetic" hu?

Lets talk about the cars or move on bud.

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 08-21-2007 at 01:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For Those That Have Seen The G37 In Person