G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

Amethyst Platinum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amethyst Platinum

My two preferences for color are Amethyst Graphite and Platinum Graphite. I also like Blue Slate (Yimbie's fave). I've yet to see Amethyst Graphite in person, other than a color chip.

Here's my dilemma, the dealer has an Amethyst Graphite with everything I want on it scheduled to arrive in three weeks. He just gave me a killer trade-in quote. I'm thinking about putting down the deposit tomorrow. My choice is to take this car, or wait months for a Platinum Graphite or Blue Slate car, all the while my current car's value drops. I commute 500 miles a week, so adding mileage is a problem.

Question - has anyone seen Amethyst Graphite in person? It seems to have a slight purplish tint which is fine.

Thanks,

gurney

Old 08-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Now which is dark gray..

Lets get pics of the dark gray

Old 08-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
Now which is dark gray..

Lets get pics of the dark gray
You're killing me, Vinnie!

I think the Platinum Graphite is the darker shade of gray.

gurney

Old 08-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Lol im starting a thread that could hopefully help both of us

Old 08-20-2007, 10:38 PM
quick ?. Is Blue Slate the same as the old lakeshore Slate?6

Old 08-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by tomcatm
No it is not. Blue Slate is significantly darker.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:32 AM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by tomcatm
Wow you must have been in the dark! Look at some Blue Slate pictures on the 2007 G35 sedan thread.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Yimbie
Wow you must have been in the dark! Look at some Blue Slate pictures on the 2007 G35 sedan thread.
There may be some confusion because the G35 Sedan is available in both Blue Slate and Lakeshore Slate (a slightly lighter and more metallic color). I had the chance to see both of those colors side-by-side yesterday, and I was struck at how dark Blue Slate was, and the lack of metallic flakes as compared to Lakeshore Slate, Amethyst Graphite and Platinum Graphite.

In my opinion, Blue Slate is a beautiful color, just too dark. The G35 I looked at already had several light scratches in the clear coat (it was a loaner/demo), that I remember from my days with dark cars. I had a 1985 Supra (yes, I'm THAT old!) that was black cherry metallic. Beautiful car, but it showed every nick and light scratch. As gorgeous as black cars are when they are new, my commute would destroy one in six months. At least the medium metallic colors hide the nicks and scratches pretty well. Nothing is better than light silver though. It never looks dirty.

Color choice is such a subjective thing; everyone has a different preference. There is no right or wrong.

Personally, I'm disappointed that the G37 is not available in Lakeshore Slate. It's very metallic and shows well in the sun. That's no slam at anyone else's choice.

I'm putting down my deposit today on the following car:

Journey S
Amethyst Graphite/Graphite
Sport Package
Premium Package
Tech Package
Navigation
Spoiler

It should be in by late-September.

The one thing that amazes me is the regional differences in the cars ordered. Obviously, the West Coast is getting a fair share of 6MT's. Neither the Baton Rouge or New Orleans dealers have any '07 MT's in stock to test drive (Sedan or Coupe), and none ordered for inventory. New Orleans has two coming in that were ordered.

The saleman told me that finally unloaded an '06 G sedan last month! That blows me away. I had manual tranny cars until I purchased my '01 Acura CL Type-S because one wasn't offered that first year. When I purchased my '05 TL, the dealer had no manuals in stock (was told they had sold three all year). Resale value of MT's around here is supposedly abysmal, so I'll just go with the 5AT and be happy.

gurney

Old 08-21-2007, 07:51 AM
gurneyeagle, are you my twin?? I bought a 2001 CL Type S the first year they came out and drove that car for over 5 years. I'm getting my Amethyst Graphite G 6MT hopefully this week if my salesman is right!! Enjoy your new ride.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by MissLydia
gurneyeagle, are you my twin?? I bought a 2001 CL Type S the first year they came out and drove that car for over 5 years. I'm getting my Amethyst Graphite G 6MT hopefully this week if my salesman is right!! Enjoy your new ride.
LOL

Hi MissLydia:

I read a bunch of your posts on colors last night. It sounds like we have similar tastes. My CL Type-S was San Marino Red/Taupe. It was the most beautiful car I have ever owned, hopefully excluding the G37!

I traded the CL on a Anthracite/Ebony TL in 2005 right after Katrina. Inventories were horrible down here because of the storm, so my choices were slim.

We are right there on the G's except for transmission. I can't even find an '07 to try!

Good Luck with your car.

gurney