G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

Am I Dreaming? I'm at the dealer now.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Am I Dreaming? I'm at the dealer now.

I have 2011 G37x Coupe and have been playing music through usb input until it stopped working about a few months ago. So, now I'm at the dealer for an oil change and told the advisor that my usb isn't working. To my surprise, he said it's only for connecting other devices like iphones. I swear I used USB sticks with bunch of mp3's and it played. Was I dreaming??? My wife also confirmed that we did in fact used usb sticks for mp3's. It is so weird.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
You aren't dreaming, you relied on the knowledge of a service writer who wouldn't know how to start your car if you handed him the keys! This is similar to all issues, hopefully you can find a trained mechanic at the stealership to give you the correct answers. I only go to Infiniti for warranty issues, Nissan is a better choice or a qualified independent shop! Pick up some AMSOIL 5W/30 and WIX #51356 and either DIY or pay a shop $10= to change it for you. Google AMSOIL for a dealer near you....Gary

Old 04-23-2013, 10:55 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Gary.... the guy asked a question about USB, and your in here bitching about going to the 'stealership'. Not all of us have bad problems with our dealers and make it a personal vendetta to never go to them. And where the hell did all this oil change info need to come from??? Completely missed what he was asking about.

OP: As for the USB, pretty sure you should be able to play music off of it, but i'd double check. Your not trying to use an iPod right? Take a peak over at myg37.com. Those folks can probably help you as our G35s dont have USB in them. I'd tell you, but I don't pick up my 37 til friday.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Gary.... the guy asked a question about USB, and your in here bitching about going to the 'stealership'. Not all of us have bad problems with our dealers and make it a personal vendetta to never go to them. And where the hell did all this oil change info need to come from??? Completely missed what he was asking about.

LOL

You can play music off it, you can play anything that will plug into it, in my old radio I used an external harddrive that plugged in VIA usb!

Old 04-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP: As for the USB, pretty sure you should be able to play music off of it, but i'd double check. Your not trying to use an iPod right? Take a peak over at myg37.com. Those folks can probably help you as our G35s dont have USB in them. I'd tell you, but I don't pick up my 37 til friday.
OP said he was at the dealership to get an oil change and he asked about his USB connector going bad, thats where the stuff about the oil change came from...

Old 04-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

amen.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
G37 calls for ester oil and only one that I know of is motul or OEM nissan Ester oil. That is needed for the VVEL system and to keep valvetrain chatter to a minimum. Instead of spitting out Amsoil for every other word. Think for one second what would be the best oil that meets manufacturer minimum specs. People try to get smart and end up shooting themselves in the foot.

http://www.the370z.com/engine-drivet...tml#post110618

http://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-d...ester-oil.html

The following users liked this post:
That G Gray (04-23-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats what the usb is for. multi purpose