General Media Share Find and share Infiniti-related videos! Just took some pics for fun? Looking for general pics and vids? Try it out. Please post specific media (Mods, etc.) in its specific category in the Tech Area.

Ricer Boy G35 Progress

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
you may not think it now, but driving that low is going to get old quick. You'll see lol
Oh I don't doubt it, it annoys me a lot, but for now I like it.

Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
I like that better than the TS anyways. Good price for something different.
Thanks man! I love it.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:49 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
looks jus like the nismo except for the fins. i like the nismo better the fins on this one looks more square/generic

Old 03-06-2017, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by saywat?
looks jus like the nismo except for the fins. i like the nismo better the fins on this one looks more square/generic
The Nismo has 2 fins in between the Exhaust tips and then 2 more outside the tips (1 on each side). This diffuser has all 4 in the middle, and they are WAAAY bigger than the Nismo ones, they're literally like 5" long.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:20 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Conissah
Got the diffuser on, and dropped the rear a bit. Still raked out but it's A LOT better than beforehand. I love the diffuser, I initially wanted a TS but everyone and their mom has one, so I opted for something more subtle but yet still aggressive. Feel like it added a whole lot of character to the rear. Now I need a duckbill...

What size tyre you running on the rear there? Looks pretty thick, like you could get away with a lower profile to reduce the rake. - Smaller diameter + the ability to bring the fender closer to the wheel lip (gain a half inch at the bottom, and another half at the top)

Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
you may not think it now, but driving that low is going to get old quick. You'll see lol
I could understand going this low on a slow car but for a car like the G35........ you miss out on the performance of this car. When I first got my G I always wanted to go lower and space out my fronts for that super flush "how do you drive like that, don't your wheels rub, how do you turn" look. Glad I didn't have the time or disposable funds to do that because I would miss out on the sports side of this car. Personally I think a track style stance looks best - and of course very functional too.

The following users liked this post:
EPiK (03-13-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by BradMD_96
What size tyre you running on the rear there? Looks pretty thick, like you could get away with a lower profile to reduce the rake. - Smaller diameter + the ability to bring the fender closer to the wheel lip (gain a half inch at the bottom, and another half at the top) I could understand going this low on a slow car but for a car like the G35........ you miss out on the performance of this car. When I first got my G I always wanted to go lower and space out my fronts for that super flush "how do you drive like that, don't your wheels rub, how do you turn" look. Glad I didn't have the time or disposable funds to do that because I would miss out on the sports side of this car. Personally I think a track style stance looks best - and of course very functional too.
fat tires are always the best
I was always jealous of how wide the 370 guys could go

Old 03-06-2017, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by BradMD_96
What size tyre you running on the rear there? Looks pretty thick, like you could get away with a lower profile to reduce the rake. - Smaller diameter + the ability to bring the fender closer to the wheel lip (gain a half inch at the bottom, and another half at the top)
It's a 255/40/19, I really need a 235/40. My buddy works for Honda dealership and gets the 235's for free so he is going to hook me up whenever more roll into the shop. For now, the $100 I spent on the 255's are fine by me. With the smaller tires I should be able to run -6 degrees in the rear or less, instead of the massive -8.5 I'm at now. But I'm happy either way.

Old 04-04-2017, 12:01 AM
Update: Nothing crazy this time, just spent $18 on paint to paint the faces of my Weds. I don't have any close pictures of the condition of the original chrome on the faces, but they were horrible. I could literally peel the chrome off with my hands, it was that bad. So I spent a good 3 hours sanding and smoothing the faces the best I could, then masked them off and went to town. I like the color, but I don't LOVE it. However, they look literally a trillion times better than beforehand, so I am going to leave them grey for a good bit. LMK what y'all think.
Note: First picture of the wheels on the car, the paint was still on the hardware and the latter 2 it has been removed.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:04 PM
Update again. The matte grey kind of clashed with my car color. Don't get me wrong, it looked a MILLION times better than the chrome, but I wasn't 100% happy with it. So I made another trip to my parents house and used some more, you guessed it, plastidip. This time I used 1 can of the silver metallizer (which is just a clear coat with metallic flakes in it) and my God it transformed the look of the car completely. It lightened up the grey and added a little bit of shine to it. Overall, worth the 3 cans of grey and 1 can of metallizer.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
BMW
Look good. Any future plan to change the tail light to 06 plus? Will make the rear look more sexier.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by lag35driver
Look good. Any future plan to change the tail light to 06 plus? Will make the rear look more sexier.
I actually prefer the earlier tails, idk why. But I do eventually plan to get a duckbill trunk which should update the rear since it will do away with the ironing board.

Old 04-16-2017, 10:59 PM
So the smaller rear tires didn't help with camber at all. Long ago when I rolled my fenders I did no pulling at all, and then when I wrapped the car I filled the "bacon" with bondo, so now I can't pull them. With the smaller tires and the slight amount I dropped the rear (to fix my rake) I was running into the quarter hitting the lip under compression. So I just opted to leave camber alone and set the toe back to 0 all around. Teaser pictures for now since my car is FILTHY! Also, life update; I quit my job at the car wash (remember I'm a full time college student) and start my new job (wrapping cars) TOMORROW! I am beyond excited to see what the future holds...

Old 04-17-2017, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Lots of hard work, but likely good pay. Are you working for someone, or are you doing business yourself?

Old 04-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Lots of hard work, but likely good pay. Are you working for someone, or are you doing business yourself?
Working for someone. I'll snap a picture of the shop today.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:48 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Nice looking coupe, shame you needed to get there by trial and error...like the rest of us! Duck bill trunk lids require work on the top/flat surface to get rid of the imperfections even though you will end up wrapping it! Good Luck & Enjoy the ride...Gary

Old 04-18-2017, 12:59 AM
Life Update: First day of work was fun, so much better than the car wash. Worked 9 hours and came home feeling very satisfied. Just a few shots of the cars in the shop.You cant see the ones in the very back, but there are a total of 11 cars. I love it!

Also when I left work I managed to get a good shot of my car, even though she is beyond FILTHY. Hard to find time to give it a good wash. I love the new stance though, no more rake. Upset that I couldn't pull some camber out, but at least it doesn't look like a drag setup now. With all 4 new tires it rides so much better than before. New wrap color soon to come...?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.