General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Blower fan for climate ctrl not spinning - intermittent

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just had my relay swapped out in my 06' G, great thread, saved me a lot of time and money. The dealership said they could not tell if the relay was bad or not but they did say it was running hot so I just went ahead and replaced it. seems to be working, 30 dollar part at nissan dealership

Old 11-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Thanks to this thread, I solved the fan problem on mine. I interchanged the relays, and my fan is working now. Do you guys know what the relay on the left is for?

Old 11-13-2012, 02:38 AM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
pictures of said relay ?

ediit nvm

Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks like the other relay is for several accessories. Good call on flipping the 2 relays as a troubleshooting step. Eliminates the possibility of buying the relay without knowing it will fix the problem.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 AM
^ Thanks a lot for the diagram. After switching the relay, the blower works. However, the car is having some other issues. Sometimes, I have to turn on the car on/off 2,3 times in order for the all the accessories in the instrument panels to work so the diagram clears things up. I'm going to call the stealership to order a new relay .

Old 11-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by se_nismo
This thread cut so much time with diagnosing..tested the relay and that was the culprit..autozone had it in stock for less than half the cost of my local nissan dealer. A/C comes on instantly now.
do you remember the part # from autozone?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 AM
25230-79942 is the OEM PN that you'll want to cross ref at any shop. If you search for that on autozone.com they'll come back with Duralast relay PN 20578. I'm seeing $37 right now so might be better off going to a nissan dealership or an online source.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SiouxFallsG35
25230-79942 is the OEM PN that you'll want to cross ref at any shop. If you search for that on autozone.com they'll come back with Duralast relay PN 20578. I'm seeing $37 right now so might be better off going to a nissan dealership or an online source.
Big thanks to SiouxFallsG35 and others for this thread.

I had this same problem.
Changed the fuses and blower and still had the same issue.

Replaced relay today and my AC is working great.
Just in time too, starting to get hot in AZ.

Thanks again

Old 06-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Part came in to the local nissan dealer today. Charged me $23 but quoted $28 when I ordered. Cheapest I could find online was $25 from rock auto and all the local parts stores would have had to special order.

Here are my steps:
0 - disconnect negative battery terminal
1 - remove dead pedal (6mt) which just pops out.
2 - Pull up the long piece of trim that covers part of the lower left side cover.
3 - With that piece pulled up, you can now pop off the entire lower left side cover
4 - Remove 2 10mm bolt/screws just above the fuse box.
5 - Pull hood pop cable up and out of the way from the bracket just right of the fuse box.
6 - use flathead screwdriver to detach 2 clips at the bottom of the fusebox.
I had the same intermittent blower problem begin about a week ago with my '07 Journey sedan and thought I had the dreaded board or control panel replacement ordeal in my future! Was about to call the dealer, but searched the forum one more time and luckily found your string and detailed instructions for the DIY fix. Bought the relay for $29 at a local auto parts store (rockauto.com now shows it for $19.76), and figured it was worth the money just to see if I could avoid an expensive trip to the stealership. Installed it as you described and the blower now comes on first time every time! Many thanks for your invaluable help!

Old 06-14-2013, 03:54 PM

Looks like the other relay is for several accessories. Good call on flipping the 2 relays as a troubleshooting step. Eliminates the possibility of buying the relay without knowing it will fix the problem.
The fuse block on my '07 Journey sedan has 4 of the blue relays; the one on the right still solved my blower problem, but what are the additional two relays for on mine? Do you have a schematic showing this '07, '08... fuse block? Thanks again for the great advice!

Old 06-14-2013, 04:29 PM
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/
you'll find the FSM for your sedan there

The following users liked this post:
s6053 (06-15-2013)
Old 06-28-2013, 12:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Part came in to the local nissan dealer today. Charged me $23 but quoted $28 when I ordered. Cheapest I could find online was $25 from rock auto and all the local parts stores would have had to special order.

Here are my steps:
0 - disconnect negative battery terminal
1 - remove dead pedal (6mt) which just pops out.
2 - Pull up the long piece of trim that covers part of the lower left side cover.
3 - With that piece pulled up, you can now pop off the entire lower left side cover
4 - Remove 2 10mm bolt/screws just above the fuse box.
5 - Pull hood pop cable up and out of the way from the bracket just right of the fuse box.
6 - use flathead screwdriver to detach 2 clips at the bottom of the fusebox.
The results of all this are pictured below.

This is about as far out as you'll be able to pull the fuse box due to tight cabling. In the interest of not breaking anything, I didn't want to unplug anything. Picture below shows orientation of the relay as it sits directly behind the box.

Here's a picture looking up from the floor of the car. The blue relay on the right is the winner. I was able to grab it top and bottom and slowly wiggle out.

When you put things back together, don't forget to put the hood pop cable back in place.

After replacing, my fan came on immediately. No doubt that this was my issue. Old and new part were both made by NAIS and looked exactly the same.

Props to JC77 for sharing his experience at Infiniti of Bloomington which led me to this fix.
I have a 2007 g35x and had the same problem. Bought the part at the dealer (after being told by my local mechanic that this relay wouldn't fit my car). And it took me about 20 minutes to install and the part was about $30. My local shop wanted to sell me a blower motor and control module. Thank you!

One thing I would like to clarify, is that there are 3 blue relays on the back of the control panel. And it's the one on the bottom of the fuse panel that needs to be replaced.

Last edited by dsnowman34; 06-28-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I had the same issue with my blower and found this thread. Great writeup! I got my part from the dealer $40 over the counter and it was super easy to replace. On my 07 sedan the fuse panel pops out after you release the tabs and the relay is easy to swap. Blower works as normal now

Thank you all for the input in this thread.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Another one bites the dust! Glad people are still finding this 3yr old thread to get fixed up.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dsnowman34
I have a 2007 g35x and had the same problem. Bought the part at the dealer (after being told by my local mechanic that this relay wouldn't fit my car). And it took me about 20 minutes to install and the part was about $30. My local shop wanted to sell me a blower motor and control module. Thank you!

One thing I would like to clarify, is that there are 3 blue relays on the back of the control panel. And it's the one on the bottom of the fuse panel that needs to be replaced.
yay! thanks man i was scratching my head because the pics they posted didn't look like our fuse panel...so many blue relays lol.

i have a 2007 G35 Sedan journey and this fixed my issue! i actually got my part from amazon for $8. i figured i rather buy a cheap one to see if it works.

Amico Car Auto Spare Part 4 Pins Plastic Shell Relay Replacement 25230-79942

Amazon.com: Amico Car Auto Spare Part 4 Pins Plastic Shell Relay Replacement 25230-79942: Automotive Amazon.com: Amico Car Auto Spare Part 4 Pins Plastic Shell Relay Replacement 25230-79942: Automotive

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Blower fan for climate ctrl not spinning - intermittent