General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

'03 G35 coupe won't start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 G35 coupe won't start

My '03 G35 coupe tries to crank but won't start. This is a new issue. A few days ago most of my gauges quit one after the other, the car began shifting early and hard, the slip and vdc off lights came on, the gear indicator became intermittent, the at check light would come on and the lights on my console would flicker out. Seemed like my car had a poltergeist. The next morning, the symptoms disappeared. The next few days, my car would attempt to crank but not start. I would jiggle the keys and then it would start. After two days of those symptoms, my car would either crank and not start (& I'm talking a very small and short crank), or it was a no crank, no start (that varied). Any thoughts?

Old 07-05-2015, 11:58 PM
Well I had a issue of my mass air rubbing my ac line blowing a fuse in the box behide the battery and I had kinda the same issues u have.

Old 07-06-2015, 06:47 AM
Responding

Originally Posted by Kevin Cannon
Well I had a issue of my mass air rubbing my ac line blowing a fuse in the box behide the battery and I had kinda the same issues u have.
Thanks, Kevin. I'll check the fuses. I was told my ignition switch was loose and might be experiencing some grounding issues, so I ordered a new switch. It would be nice for it to only be a fuse. I'll let you know after I get a chance to look into it today.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:03 PM
There was also a big ground issue I read about. I read that some g35s wouldn't start and they added new grounds to the motor and added a few extra ones and fixed the problem and got a better shift for auto.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Kevin Cannon
There was also a big ground issue I read about. I read that some g35s wouldn't start and they added new grounds to the motor and added a few extra ones and fixed the problem and got a better shift for auto.
Thanks Kevin. I'm guessing I'll need to take it to an Infiniti dealership for that?